Picture Share Pics of your or others' rides!

My G35 is finally done!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 07:02 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice work...

Old 06-26-2006, 08:03 PM
That engine bay is hizzot

Old 06-26-2006, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by silver g
Nice G. Keep the stock rims on it. It has sleeper status IMO. Just curious, why would you choose the crawford headers over the stillen headers?

I heard the Crawford are supposed to be better then the Stillen's design. Although the Crawfords are pricey.

Old 06-26-2006, 10:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sorry dude not feeling ur car at all man

Old 06-27-2006, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by Driver UR G

Thats cool. Can I ask why?

Old 06-27-2006, 11:30 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Never done...................

Originally Posted by jiggalam
Very clean. Good job. Now you NEED some wheels to go with all that.
Great looking G......I have the same car with almost
the same mods except I didn't spend that much at
Stillen....I went with Nismo. You "Really" do need
wheels to complete the LOOK. You don't have to
go with 20s just something with a little bling......
Good Job............!!

Old 06-27-2006, 11:37 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
My I answer to this...........

Here's a member without "any" taste!!

Old 06-27-2006, 11:54 AM
Thanks Gary. I really would have liked to get some gunmetal SF Winning. There was a used set for sale with BFG g-Force (I believe they were 19"). Would have loved to get them but no $$$.

Old 06-27-2006, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by gary c
Here's a member without "any" taste!!
hahahaha thats funny

Old 06-27-2006, 04:20 PM
his engine bay looks like a can of worms and there is not one red thing on his car to match the painted parts to it..he doesnt have rims on it the grill is hideous. he only tinted the rear windows.the list goes on man... he got slotted roters and no BBK if ur goin to do rotters do cross drilled no offence on u JC but gary ur prob one of the dumber members on this forum to say a car thats just thrown together like that is hot? u know nothing about modding cars i guess.

Last edited by Driver UR G; 06-27-2006 at 04:22 PM.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:24 PM
Gary c and the fact that u called me out on this when the comment was as nicely put as i could possible put it and it wasnt even directed towards you. shows me you dont belong on a forum

Old 06-27-2006, 04:52 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by JC79G35
I heard the Crawford are supposed to be better then the Stillen's design. Although the Crawfords are pricey.
Do you know if they are 50 state carb legal? Also what are the power gains from the crawfords? Stillen claims +11.5HP @ 6200 RPM and +18.5lb-ft @ 3800rpm at the wheels. Are the Crawfords comparable in performance? Thanks.

Old 06-28-2006, 10:09 AM
his engine bay looks like a can of worms and there is not one red thing on his car to match the painted parts to it..he doesnt have rims on it the grill is hideous. he only tinted the rear windows.the list goes on man... he got slotted roters and no BBK if ur goin to do rotters do cross drilled no offence on u JC but gary ur prob one of the dumber members on this forum to say a car thats just thrown together like that is hot? u know nothing about modding cars i guess.

Can of worms? Okay, its your opinion.

Sorry, I could not afford the SF Winnings I would have liked to buy. But I will say I like my OEM 18's. I also have 17's that the car originally came with that I use for my winter set-up.

Front tint is illegal in Illinois, so I opted to have a 50% front and 30% rear. It looks decent and does not get in me pulled over by Officer Friendly

My grill is hideous? Your opinion again, perhaps you would have liked the old grills I had (T-Rex billet)?

The list goes on?

BBK... on a non-FI G? Why? The stock rotors are not so hot, so I opted for this nice little kit that Stop-Tech came out with that included the slotted rotors (Which look nicce BTW), Hawk HPS brake pads, stainless steel brake lines, and Motul Fluid. Not bad for 600 bucks. Cross drilled? Hmmm, those look nice but I have heard of them cracking. Not reallly interested in that.

No offense was taken EXCEPT the "a car thats just thrown together". Thrown together? I don't think so. A lot of hard work was put into that car and I did a lot of research on the parts I added (just look at my suspension - that was not thrown together). Sure, there was some trial and error. I had a AEM CAI at first, but got rid of that when my filter was killed by the Chicago winter. I had the T-Rex grills, liked those at first, but they started to irk me after awhile (plus salt from the winter would do bad things to those so i would have to swap them every fal and spring).

Perhaps you are going to put me over the coals for driving my G in the winter? Sorry, this is my everyday driver.

I appreciate that you replied with your opinions and not just said "Your car looks teh ghey". But what I did not appreciate is you calling out gary as "one of the dumber members on this forum". How lame is that? Sure, he replied with the no taste and you could have been like whatever, but instead you outright insulted him like that.

Anyway, in closing good luck with your project, I hope it turns out nice and thanks for your opinions, but my "thrown together car" as you say will stay the way it is (unless I happen upon 3k to pick up those used SF Winnings with the BFG tires )

Old 06-28-2006, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by silver g
Do you know if they are 50 state carb legal? Also what are the power gains from the crawfords? Stillen claims +11.5HP @ 6200 RPM and +18.5lb-ft @ 3800rpm at the wheels. Are the Crawfords comparable in performance? Thanks.
I'll have to look, but I believe Crawford said somewhere in the neighborhood of 13-15 WHP. I dunno about 50 state legal, That I'll have to look up later as well. Actaully did you check out Crawford's website? Its www.crawfordzperformance.com

Old 06-28-2006, 10:33 AM
My opinion:

-I love the look of the engine bay but it does not match anything on the car.
-I dont like the dark tint in rear and light tint in front. I like the same tint all around.

Overall, I think that it looks good. Some things are not my style but to each their own. Nice Job!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My G35 is finally done!