Picture Share Pics of your or others' rides!

New pics of my Blue 6" Lipp'd Auto Couture wheels.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 07:15 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Originally Posted by Drewer
Those are some sick@$$ brakes! Rotational inertia schmotational inertia!

LOL. Doesn't look like those wheels are BBK friendly.

Old 08-10-2007, 07:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RBull
It's called camber. The G has specs that call for a certain amount of that as you will always see on G35's. The reason you see it so far inward at the top...bent as you call it is there is incorrect alignment because the car been dramatically lowered and/or incorrect fitment of wheels and tires on the car. Some like to put on a very wide tire and wheel that sticks out past the wheel opening and make it fit by maintaining high negative camber.
...I wouldnt say some..........I would say alot.......others have done far more drastic than what we have even imagined.....Ive done the "tuner fad thing" and now Im trying something else with the car.....the G has so much potential in so many ways.....My car has had a drastic set up for a very very long time. No problems, no issues.....almost 70000 miles and still rolling low and cambered.....what we have done has not ruined the car in any way, the toe and caster are still with in spec, its just the camber that has really changed...still drives like it did on day one....except...day one....well....It was this low....but anywas..my point.....you have no one that is right or wrong in this forum...if the wheels were not the "correct fitment" then they wouldn't be on the car.... I knew what fitment was correct for the look I wanted and still be drivable. In your eyes, correct fitment is probalbly +29 all around like the majority of wheels on the forum...if thats how people want determine the "correct look and fitment"...then no problem in my eyes.....excessive camber is very streetable, not ideal, but is still streetable, its drives straight as an arrow, has great traction....no different than any other set up...in your eyes its incorrect fitment...in ours its perfect..but to each his own.

Last edited by robzone; 08-10-2007 at 07:20 PM.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by robzone
Camber is not as bad as people think. Im running extreme camber as well. Sometimes pics do no justice to the actual look of the car. Its a shame set ups like this are not seen more in person as often as they should, until then maybe more people should be open minded about the concept of wide wheels, low offsets, and negative camber. Its huge in Japan, and unfortunately here in the states, there are not enough people willing to take the extra step to get that VIP look thats growing to be the norm in the g35's motherland. Yes it may not be a VIP platform...but it definately has huge potential to have that
"push em' out, go wide look" that VIP culture has. Tire brands such as Falken have noticed this trend to be the "next big thing" and have even made tires (the 452) made especially for this type of set up. All we ask is for people to be more open minded about these types of set ups and realize what a great platform we have for this car....it can be tuned and tracked....or tricked out and made into a neck breaker...I appreciate that riley has stepped out side the box and done something different with the G.....no need for body kit, or fancy dress up kit ect......knock em out with wheels and a nice drop....+1 for a sweet ride....
...I wouldnt say some..........I would say alot.......others have done far more drastic than what we have even imagined.....Ive done the "tuner fad thing" and now Im trying something else with the car.....the G has so much potential in so many ways.....My car has had a drastic set up for a very very long time. No problems, no issues.....almost 70000 miles and still rolling low and cambered.....what we have done has not ruined the car in any way, the toe and caster are still with in spec, its just the camber that has really changed...still drives like it did on day one....except...day one....well....It was this low....but anywas..my point.....you have no one that is right or wrong in this forum...if the wheels were not the "correct fitment" then they wouldn't be on the car.... I knew what fitment was correct for the look I wanted and still be drivable. In your eyes, correct fitment is probalbly +29 all around like the majority of wheels on the forum...if thats how people want determine the "correct look and fitment"...then no problem in my eyes.....excessive camber is very streetable, not ideal, but is still streetable, its drives straight as an arrow, has great traction....no different than any other set up...in your eyes its incorrect fitment...in ours its perfect..but to each his own.

professor rob to the rescue.lolol thanx rob

Old 08-10-2007, 08:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rijowysock
just for you BLKed OUT G. lol

also:

i actually enjoy the camber, i had more before putting the wheels on testing the bias on the car and as it is right now im in love.. my alignment setup is just perfect for my driving. before with the 245/285 setup i was getting far too much oversteer, so i added some camber rear to correct, and then was a lil too much understeer... put it to -3 camber rear and now shes good.. i used to ride -4.5 on my S2k to combat the oversteer tendency, yes camber does affect the bumpsteer but if you combat the bumpsteer with a little bit of toe, it evens out and also makes the turn in better on sharp corners.. in the rear to combat the car on the "SLIP" light.. you just adjust the toe properly and the inner wheel no longer goes too slow vs the outer wheel in the corner to have the LSD thinking theirs a slip.
Keep your wheels, I'll take that useless paper on them.

Old 08-10-2007, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by johannaccord1
would look good with APR wide body.
+1 =)

Old 08-11-2007, 12:16 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
[QUOTE=Ashyknucklz]
just for you BLKed OUT G. lol

LMAO

this has to be the ultimate stunt. im making this **** my wallpaper!

Old 08-11-2007, 05:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn thats sweeet

Old 08-11-2007, 11:30 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thanks for the response. I'm not surprised someone called me out on that. Fair ball. What I call incorrect you and others may think is correct. To each his own.

I'll stick with "some" though. That covers from a few to a lot. Where I live it's a zero for people running wheels/tires like that. Doesn't happen, mainly due to the roads.

Old 08-11-2007, 11:32 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
professor rob to the rescue.lolol thanx rob
Yeah, that's cool. Not trying to diss your car. Just not a look that I'm interested in. Probably an age thing. Good for you in going extreme though.

Old 08-11-2007, 01:26 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
damn that is a lot of money

Old 08-11-2007, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by M.I.A. BlazinVQ
your definitely right on miami being Cuba Jr., lol, but i guess its mostly the young ppl here that know all of the english, i agree all the f*cking old cubans only speak spanish. oh well, i STILL love it down here, the latin women are amazing! theres nothing like it!

LeonwhoQue?
Nothing wrong with it I suppose, I'm just not use to it.
I'm from Brooklyn, New York -
I'm use to seeing a vast amount of people, speaking different languages.
Not just people speaking either English or Spanish.

I love how M.I.A and Leon are having a whole nother conversation about miami and such ROFL!!!!

Old 08-11-2007, 03:51 PM
mos high
**** is tight bro.Some thing new for a change.Nice stack

Old 08-11-2007, 04:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car looks Sick!

Did you roll and pull the rear fenders?
If the front wheels sit out more the car would look much more aggressive.... Better luck on the next set up.

Give props when it is deserved!!!! People these days

Old 08-11-2007, 05:06 PM
That looks insane. I love everysingle thing about it. Those fuken lips are insane. Keep up the great work man.

Old 08-11-2007, 05:50 PM
baller...thats all just a big baller with good taste...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New pics of my Blue 6" Lipp'd Auto Couture wheels.