Picture Share Pics of your or others' rides!

Mike@RiversideInfiniti's S2K / PhotosByCalvin

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 08:30 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by SIN3
i think the CR is a waste of money. the 06-07 ap2 is the same thing. the wing is horrible and the front lip is wack as hell. i know that having the "title" CR is a big thing but most peeps over at s2ki say the same thing. the only cool thing on that car is the tonneau cover inside of the hard top i think that is bad a$$. lose the wing and get a new lip and maybe. but the funny thing is you pay all that money for what is it 100lbs lighter and suspension you are going to change out anyways. then why pay $8-10k more for those parts if you are going to lose them?

But enjoy your car!
Same thing I tell everyone else.

the 08 AP2 is stiffer than the older AP2. Then the CR is stiffer than the 08 base AP2. Stiffer is not always better. With my 05, I've always wanted to do serious suspension work, but spending in excess of 10k isnt very appealing. The CR takes care of that problem for me.

Yes, the wing isnt very appealing, but it is functional. My old AP2 felt rather scary at 100+ (and so does the G coupe for that matter). This one is rock solid all the way up to redline in 6th. It's every bit as planted as my STI was. With the STI, I actually purchased a second trunk and went wingless for a while. The first time I went 85+, it was already noticeable. I put the old trunk back on and never looked back. Then I got the OEM front lip spoiler, and high speed responsiveness was significantly improved. (net downforce, front and back) Thus, I will not take off the CR wing, as ricey as it looks. The CR also has a net downforce.

So for 4k more (sticker price difference between base and CR w/ ac+radio), I get: suede seats (preferred over leather anyways), a hardtop (which I had for my old one to begin with), a softtop delete (I opened my top less than 5 times in 3 years), a performance suspension that is FASTER on the track with tuning done, more chassis reinforcement, and a proven aero kit. I'll take it. It doesn't float everyone's boat.

Everyone says you can get a base model and make a better track car. You can also buy a base model impreza, use the cost difference betwen that and a STI, and make a superior car. Or buy a base carrera, turbo it yourself, and make a faster car.

Then everyone bashes the power. "no power gain". Well... being a s2k owner, you already know power isn't everything. My 05 had a vtsc. My CR is definately more fun to drive.

Everyone bashes the CR online. I've yet to run into anyone who's bashed it in person.

My $.02

Old 03-31-2008, 08:34 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
looking good cant wait for more

Old 03-31-2008, 08:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike@RiversideInfiniti
Same thing I tell everyone else.

the 08 AP2 is stiffer than the older AP2. Then the CR is stiffer than the 08 base AP2. Stiffer is not always better. With my 05, I've always wanted to do serious suspension work, but spending in excess of 10k isnt very appealing. The CR takes care of that problem for me.

Yes, the wing isnt very appealing, but it is functional. My old AP2 felt rather scary at 100+ (and so does the G coupe for that matter). This one is rock solid all the way up to redline in 6th. It's every bit as planted as my STI was. With the STI, I actually purchased a second trunk and went wingless for a while. The first time I went 85+, it was already noticeable. I put the old trunk back on and never looked back. Then I got the OEM front lip spoiler, and high speed responsiveness was significantly improved. (net downforce, front and back) Thus, I will not take off the CR wing, as ricey as it looks. The CR also has a net downforce.

So for 4k more (sticker price difference between base and CR w/ ac+radio), I get: suede seats (preferred over leather anyways), a hardtop (which I had for my old one to begin with), a softtop delete (I opened my top less than 5 times in 3 years), a performance suspension that is FASTER on the track with tuning done, more chassis reinforcement, and a proven aero kit. I'll take it. It doesn't float everyone's boat.

Everyone says you can get a base model and make a better track car. You can also buy a base model impreza, use the cost difference betwen that and a STI, and make a superior car. Or buy a base carrera, turbo it yourself, and make a faster car.

Then everyone bashes the power. "no power gain". Well... being a s2k owner, you already know power isn't everything. My 05 had a vtsc. My CR is definately more fun to drive.

My $.02

hows the interior of the hard top bro? did you sell your ap2 for your new baby? you had the yellow ap2 like mine right? WHY!!!!!!!!!! but i guess if your happy right. how much are they i thought it was $10k more?? maybe i was wrong.

what are you plans?

get some wheels and drop bad! i might have to swing by and check it out. i really like the tonneau cover i might want to do that on my ap2 but keep the hard top on.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by SIN3
hows the interior of the hard top bro? did you sell your ap2 for your new baby? you had the yellow ap2 like mine right? WHY!!!!!!!!!! but i guess if your happy right. how much are they i thought it was $10k more?? maybe i was wrong.

what are you plans?

get some wheels and drop bad! i might have to swing by and check it out. i really like the tonneau cover i might want to do that on my ap2 but keep the hard top on.
The OEM hardtop is upholstered... much quieter than the mugen I had as far as wind noise is concerned.

Price diff between base and CR is 3k, +1k for ac/radio

Going to get a Kraftwerks pending CARB.... although I may just get the youtune kit since I still have my EMS from the last car.

I had a set of 16" oem BBSs on my old car for track use... looking to get some BBS RG-Rs this time for track/daily use. Tired of swapping wheels... 17x7.5 +48 17x8.5 +55

Torqueless wonders FTW.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:40 PM
kraftwerks is a must. have the money to drop on it, just letting that one guy get it installed and do a write up on it. want to hear first hand of pros and cons. but from what oscar jackson has been posting about it, you cant go wrong. and non tapped oil pan FTW! 50k between oil changes on reservoir tank? wow....

Old 03-31-2008, 08:42 PM
you have VTSC or CTSC? Don't tell me you have a positive displacement s/c =P

torque monster and torqueless wonder... gotta love having the 2 opposite extremes.

I'm actually going to be dropping by Kraftwerks/Skunk2 tomorrow after work... probably around 4PM or so.

Old 03-31-2008, 10:14 PM
The CR looks great!!!
Nice pictures

Old 03-31-2008, 10:18 PM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
I want a CR too!!!

Old 04-01-2008, 01:28 AM
nice you'll get it before me. let me know how it turns out and post up in s2ki and link me. im very interested in seeing this inperson too!

let me drive and i'll let you drive my g35 !

Old 04-06-2008, 02:11 PM
shameless self bump?

Old 04-06-2008, 02:12 PM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
"teh ghey"

Get outta here with your S2K!!!

Old 04-06-2008, 02:23 PM
you know you want one.

Trade you my coupe for your sedan

Old 04-06-2008, 10:24 PM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
u drive an s2k? n0o0o0o wonder y u get tick easily if i make fun of hondas, atleast u got the richest sport honda Nice ride mang

Last edited by G37Rider92649; 04-06-2008 at 11:44 PM.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:04 AM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
shameless self bump?

Old 04-07-2008, 03:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
needs a drop but the hardtop is sex

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mike@RiversideInfiniti's S2K / PhotosByCalvin