Picture Share Pics of your or others' rides!

08 Audi S4 Photoshoot ~kHahnPhotography *56k Warning*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 05:32 AM
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
G
08 Audi S4 Photoshoot ~kHahnPhotography *56k Warning*

This is my good friend's 2008 Audi S4. It's been upgraded with the DTM Package, adding subtle yet tasteful carbon fiber accents around the car.

@ 350HP N/A, suffice it to say, this car is MUCH faster than [non-boosted] G's, and a quick run both with me following in my G and with me in the passenger seat of the S4 on some canyon roads quickly attested to that fact. The car just grips grips grips through the turns (thanks, AWD) and is an absolute rocket powering out of them.

The only way, unfortunately, to add more power to this beast is a supercharger that costs about half the price of the car (if I remember correctly).

Also unfortunately, we happened upon the right location at simply the wrong time; it was sunset, however, being in Malibu, the sun was setting and was still harsh, which is why you'll see hotspots on the car.
We missed the actual sunset because my friend was giving me a ride in the S4, and we lost track of time .

Oh well.

Without further ado:

^ My first try... I think it turned out alright, but not as good as Calvin's or Marcus'. I stupidly forgot the tripod, so this shot [as well as the rest] were all taken hand-held.

Hope you all enjoyed them.
As always, comments & criticisms are WELCOMED and ENCOURAGED.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:52 AM
fgc moderator
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
sweet ride. i looked at a blue s4 with dtm when i was picking up a new car. i like it, just wish it was 2 doors. and the s5 is way too touring aka huge.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:55 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
nice pictures man. the car looks clean

Old 01-29-2009, 05:58 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
nice

Old 01-29-2009, 09:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NICE! Kevin your skill is getting better and better!

Old 01-29-2009, 10:02 AM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
so nice

Old 01-29-2009, 10:12 AM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
Kevin, you've got some nice shots here. A few suggestions:

- Find a shaded area to shoot in, this will offer much better lighting.

- If you want to shoot towards the water of a West facing beach, sunrise would allow you to put the sun at you back and give you better lighting.

- Tell the owner of the car that tire dressing is his friend

I can't believe you got that see through shot to work handheld, how the heck did you do that?? The body line in the hood that is still visible is a little distracting, I would have tried to make it disappear.

What road in Malibu were these taken? What was the level of the traffic? Any cops (not trying to get another ticket for rig shots through canyons again!)?

Old 01-29-2009, 02:12 PM
G
Thanks for all the comments!!

Originally Posted by CandlestickPark
Kevin, you've got some nice shots here. A few suggestions:

- Find a shaded area to shoot in, this will offer much better lighting.

- If you want to shoot towards the water of a West facing beach, sunrise would allow you to put the sun at you back and give you better lighting.

- Tell the owner of the car that tire dressing is his friend

I can't believe you got that see through shot to work handheld, how the heck did you do that?? The body line in the hood that is still visible is a little distracting, I would have tried to make it disappear.

What road in Malibu were these taken? What was the level of the traffic? Any cops (not trying to get another ticket for rig shots through canyons again!)?
#10 pretty much reveals the lighting situation, exaggerated to an extent by me shooting into the sun and photoshop.
What we had originally planned was to shoot RIGHT at sunset, so as to get some excellent colored skies in the background. However, sunset was about an hour away, or so, so he took me for a ride in his car, and, like I said, we lost track of time since he took me to a well-known driving road in Malibu.

By the time we got back to this spot where I had left my car, the sun was way gone, and in addition, there was a couple enjoying the sunset. No more pictures, and epic fail.

I'll definitely try sunrise next time, provided both I and the other party is able to get up that early. Would sunset work, though? I know it wouldn't give me a whole lot of time, but I think the skies would look excellent. I'm not entirely sure, though.

On the tires -- the car was detailed about 1-2 days before the shoot, and he had been driving a lot. You should see #2 without post processing, the tires are nearly the color of the gravel.

For the handheld see-through shot of his engine bay, I just tried my best to get 2 very similar shots. I had my friend open his hood, I steadied myself and took a shot, and then very quickly told him to shut the hood, taking another shot after. Obviously they were not perfect matches, so I had to rotate/move the picture before overlaying the closed-hood picture.
It worked, I think.

For the body line in the hood... I left it there because Calvin did a similar thing for his see-through picture of that RSX.

I'm not sure exactly what road this is. I need to ask my friend, who lives there. He suggested it. On these roads, pretty much no traffic, but there's not much room on them, if I remember correctly, but that's the first time I've been there. Cops? Not usually, but I think you'd probably get a ticket if you were caught there with rigs, due to the "lack of safety" factor. I can ask my friend how often he sees cops.

Old 01-29-2009, 02:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ahhh, the dolphin gray, same color as mine. great pics!

Old 01-29-2009, 02:45 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
Nice pics will only get better with more experience

Old 01-29-2009, 02:49 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
Nice!

And damn this car would look soooo sick dumped!!

Old 01-29-2009, 02:53 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Great pictures Kevin! We need you back in the 818

Old 01-29-2009, 03:27 PM
G
Thanksss!

Originally Posted by Skaterbasist
Great pictures Kevin! We need you back in the 818
Soon! Spring break FTW.

Hopefully it coincides with an 818 meet or something. Then I can see your new wheels! [Yes, I know about the fail that happened with the gold nut. ]

Old 01-29-2009, 05:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One my fav sedans!! This things a beast, nice pics!

Old 01-31-2009, 03:59 AM
G
Originally Posted by Thinkdiesel
One my fav sedans!! This things a beast, nice pics!
Thanks! I agree, a very sick sedan.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 08 Audi S4 Photoshoot ~kHahnPhotography *56k Warning*