Picture Share Pics of your or others' rides!

Two Black Germans - ///AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 07:02 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Why does it matter if it is real cf or a cf vinyl. He is obviously doing it for looks, no one wraps anything in cf for weight savings. The cf vinyl does look good, so what does it matter.

Old 06-12-2009, 07:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^Exactly. Most CF for the G's dont even save much weight anyways. Its when you start getting into the Dry Carbon like the Amuse kit for the s2k and stuff when you start shedding some weight.

Excellent work adds a great touch. The car looks fantastic.

Old 06-13-2009, 09:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sbeck
^^Exactly. Most CF for the G's dont even save much weight anyways. Its when you start getting into the Dry Carbon like the Amuse kit for the s2k and stuff when you start shedding some weight.

Excellent work adds a great touch. The car looks fantastic.

so you're telling me i should have just had my hood, trunk, and spoiler wrapped in cf looking vinyl? C'mon get real heh. You're right tho, i didnt do it to save weight...and im not sure very many people do anymore.

Anyone who actually knows what they are looking at will know its just a poser thing to do. Especially seeing as these cars cost 5 times the price of most g35's.

OP dont get me wrong, the work done is insane, i just REALLY dont see the point, and it actually looks pretty decent if it wasnt trying to mimick carbon fiber weave. Its like saying the owner of that car wears cubic zerconia diamonds since it looks like real diamonds...and as i said before, its not likely price is a huge deal to begin with.

Old 06-13-2009, 09:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
nice job on the interior work!

Old 06-14-2009, 06:52 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by BoostinJaxLR
so you're telling me i should have just had my hood, trunk, and spoiler wrapped in cf looking vinyl? C'mon get real heh. You're right tho, i didnt do it to save weight...and im not sure very many people do anymore.

Anyone who actually knows what they are looking at will know its just a poser thing to do. Especially seeing as these cars cost 5 times the price of most g35's.

OP dont get me wrong, the work done is insane, i just REALLY dont see the point, and it actually looks pretty decent if it wasnt trying to mimick carbon fiber weave. Its like saying the owner of that car wears cubic zerconia diamonds since it looks like real diamonds...and as i said before, its not likely price is a huge deal to begin with.

For your information, it's fabric, not a vinyl sticker, you use the same procedure to wrap things as you would with Suede. Anyone that really knows cars will know it's not there to mimic real CF. To be honest, I hate the look of real carbon fiber on the interiors, it looks cheesy as shyt with all that clear resin. This matte CF fabric was inspired by the CF fabric that BMW started using in their new M3's. Take a look...

I think you just had the wrong impression of this fabric.