Picture Share Pics of your or others' rides!

mean GTR

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 09:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
gtr= beast

Old 07-28-2010, 02:52 AM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Ryan@Forged
Haha, you guys are too funny. That's is my car I know some people love the GT-R and others hate it. I love hearing people say it's just a Nissan or it's an overpriced car. It's a clear sign that the person who says that has never driven or ridden in a GT-R. They are pretty phenomenal cars.

I am young and look younger. No complaints! I'm 25 btw Hope you're doing well!

Yeah, I actually had a R34 before my R35 and actually sold it to get a R35. Say what you want, but coming from someone who has owned both cars, the R35 is a better car in every way. As with many cars if you double the power you're likely to have transmission problems. Upgrade the transmission accordingly and you eliminate those problems. You can't run 750whp on a stock clutch on a R34 can you ? Likewise if you have 750whp in a R35 you need to upgrade the clutches to prevent slip. Both cars are amazing and I have been blessed to own/drive both, but I would never trade my R35 for a R34.
I never said i dislike the R35, i just said i would get an R34 over it. Your right with the hp transmission swap, but im saying- are there transmissions that can handle lets say 1200hp on an r35?

Old 07-28-2010, 08:28 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eurodre
lol at having to justify yourself or your car online
haha, I know right

Originally Posted by stradaONE8
I cannot attest to this enough. People will say every sort of thing about a GTR. How it's too heavy, how it is too digital, how it doesn't have enough straight line speed...blah blah blah.

It is simply meaningless chatter from anyone who has not had true seat time in one. And I don't mean, "I got a ride from a friend" or "I took it on a test drive in a straight line!"

I have had the opportunity to track our former GTR both brand new out of the box and then that same car with 600hp at the wheels, suspension, tires, weight loss, etc. In it's stock form it is an absolute beast compared to near any regularly available road car out there. The computer absolutely does make you a hero and even with all systems off, the sheer mechanical grip of the machine keeps you on track where in a Porsche you'd be spinning right round.

This is either good or bad depending on how you feel as a purist. I think it takes a better driver to get a 911 GT3 around the track at/near the limit as compared to a GTR, but the experience is apples to oranges. With 600hp and track oriented suspension, the car is faster, pointier, but still allows you some margin of error compared to other comparable vehicles purely from the number standpoint.

To those who say it's just a Nissan and it's not worth 80k: Take a drive, around a track, then if you can eloquently state a case, that's a conversation worth having.
very well said

Originally Posted by w0ady
those tires are wayyy too big. its not like you drive it fast or anything.
haha, too funny. When are you going to the track again? You're getting faster and faster every time you go out. BTW fixed the overheating issues, or at least we think we did. Should find out this weekend

Originally Posted by LaserRedG35VS
I never said i dislike the R35, i just said i would get an R34 over it. Your right with the hp transmission swap, but im saying- are there transmissions that can handle lets say 1200hp on an r35?
There have yet to be any R35's to make that type of power. There are transmissions that can handle 1000whp though and will shift faster and more consistently than a R34 every single shift. Don't get me wrong here, the R34 is an amazing car and I enjoyed owning it. Furthermore, you are more than welcome to your opinion. I just think the reasoning you listed is not entirely accurate. My R34 with $2000 in mods put down 300whp on our Dyno Dynamics. My R35 with $2000 in mods put down 470whp on the same dyno. There are several GT-Rs across the country making in the 650-750 whp range on the stock motor. That is something that can not be said for the R34. I don't think it's accurate to say the R34 can be tuned to be much faster than the R35 or that the R35 has transmission issues, because this is not the case. We have done several turbo upgrades on these cars none of which are having transmission problems.

Sorry to turn this into a R34 vs R35 discussion, but there are very strong reasons why I sold my R34 to get into a R35. Looking back on it I have 0 regrets. The R35 in my opinion is a better car in every possible way.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:14 AM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Your probably right, to be honest one other reason that makes me want to get one so bad is- I never seen an R34 in my life. Im in NJ and they are so rare here, at least in North Jersey. Also, it is not legally sold here which makes it even more rare- and just so we on the same page, im not arguing with you, it would be fun to have this kind of competition in real life tho. (R34 vs R35). I was planning on going to Japan and finding one there, get it souped up over there, and then send it here-(only problem is the registration). Just so this doesnt turn into argument, Skylines over all R the Shytt.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:39 AM
Received 221 Likes on 121 Posts
I am fortunate enough to have been able to drive one and i must say for the $$$ def best bang for your buck!

Old 07-28-2010, 11:46 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by LaserRedG35VS
Your probably right, to be honest one other reason that makes me want to get one so bad is- I never seen an R34 in my life. Im in NJ and they are so rare here, at least in North Jersey. Also, it is not legally sold here which makes it even more rare- and just so we on the same page, im not arguing with you, it would be fun to have this kind of competition in real life tho. (R34 vs R35). I was planning on going to Japan and finding one there, get it souped up over there, and then send it here-(only problem is the registration). Just so this doesnt turn into argument, Skylines over all R the Shytt.
No argument here. You are always welcome to your opinion regardless of the reasoning. I enjoy friendly debates between cars no matter what they may be. I just want to make sure everyone in properly informed of any details. To be honest bringing in a R34 from overseas is dangerous and not a great idea. The car has a good chance of getting seized and you could lose all of your money. Make sure you do your research and make informed decisions. There is a reason they are so rare here. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. I am always here to help in any way I can

Old 07-28-2010, 01:18 PM
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
you don't need to debate anybody or come on here to justify your purchase dude. You drive a GTR, the best bang for the buck vehicle probably of all time let's not beat around the bush.

What's there to argue ? the only argument I possibly could see against it is it doesn't look "exotic" enough, and it doesn't have a 6 speed. But even these are flimsy and mostly arguments you will see from the butthurt 6speed online guys who paid 100's of thousands of $ for their exotics only to get spanked by a sub 100k vehicle, and a Nissan for that matter.
and yea it's a little on the boy racer side, but what a racer !

your car looks great man, you should post some more pictures. Also that time attack evo, good thing box of tissues is within arms reach I'm drooling at the sight of it. Got any you tube vid clips of this beast in action ?

Old 07-28-2010, 01:20 PM
fgc moderator
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Ryan@Forged
haha, too funny. When are you going to the track again? You're getting faster and faster every time you go out. BTW fixed the overheating issues, or at least we think we did. Should find out this weekend
glad to hear man! im dying to see your car run strong.

ill be at sebring for redline in a few weeks. are you coming down with sharif? i actually just put on my bc coils this sunday. going to lower the car tonight. alignment and suspension tuning over the next couple weeks. pretty stoked!

Old 07-28-2010, 01:26 PM
fgc moderator
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
adon - heres me following ryans evo. temp issues were the ONLY reason i stayed close

Old 07-28-2010, 01:30 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by Adon
you don't need to debate anybody or come on here to justify your purchase dude. You drive a GTR, the best bang for the buck vehicle probably of all time let's not beat around the bush.

What's there to argue ? the only argument I possibly could see against it is it doesn't look "exotic" enough, and it doesn't have a 6 speed. But even these are flimsy and mostly arguments you will see from the butthurt 6speed online guys who paid 100's of thousands of $ for their exotics only to get spanked by a sub 100k vehicle, and a Nissan for that matter.
and yea it's a little on the boy racer side, but what a racer !

your car looks great man, you should post some more pictures. Also that time attack evo, good thing box of tissues is within arms reach I'm drooling at the sight of it. Got any you tube vid clips of this beast in action ?
Thanks for the kind words and vote of confidence I couldn't agree with you more. I'll try to get a few more pictures of both cars up today.

glad to hear man! im dying to see your car run strong.

ill be at sebring for redline in a few weeks. are you coming down with sharif? i actually just put on my bc coils this sunday. going to lower the car tonight. alignment and suspension tuning over the next couple weeks. pretty stoked!
I'll be at Sebring for RTA as well, but not 100% sure that I will have my car there or not. We will have to see how everything works out. I'll be there to support the Forged team if nothing else

Old 07-28-2010, 01:40 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
adon - heres me following ryans evo. temp issues were the ONLY reason i stayed close

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QedMimUD88U
I love that video. The 4:45 mark makes me grin every time That was in interesting day. I remember making a custom radiator shroud out of cardboard and AC vent tape to try and cool the car down, lol. BTW forgot to tell you, Sharif retuned the car and pulled another 100whp out of her

Old 07-28-2010, 01:42 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I like it..Simple and clean and the meaty tires

Old 07-30-2010, 03:19 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I am young and look younger. No complaints! I'm 25 btw Hope you're doing well!
HAHA!
Hey Ryan, it's Wyatt. I'm a HUGE fan of the car - just want to go on record. LOL. Doing well and hope to see y'all up there soon.

-WoW

Old 07-30-2010, 04:26 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
that would be alot of money for a chevy or a ford but reguardles people still buy them. If you think 80k is too much for a nice looking Nissan that outcompetes 90 or 95% of exotics and sports cars out there,then buy a $200,000+ car that can barelly keep up with a Nismo370Z that costs only 45k.Now thats too much for any car that can barely run. that's just My Opinion lol!.
Originally Posted by Phil DeVtec
It's a lot of money for a Nissan.

Old 07-30-2010, 04:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by xxhotelcrazyxx
you dont need 80k, my buddy just bought one with 30k miles flawless for 55k
really?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: mean GTR