Picture Share Pics of your or others' rides!

here is the pics of my car (totalled)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 11:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW sad to hear man...but its great to see you are ok!! After all you can replace a car but u cannot replace YOU

Old 04-28-2006, 12:09 AM
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member
Man, very sorry to see what happened...like everyone else said, be glad you're ok...that was a very bad accident getting hit by more than one car.

As for advice, I would definitely hire a lawyer. Last summer, my 05 G got slammed by a taxi-cab and the cops unfairly gave me the ticket saying I ran a red light. I took it to the lawyer and he was able to get a not-guilty verdict, which helped me a lot with all the insurance bullsh!t. The cops didn't witness the accident so they had no proof...they just took the other drivers word.

Its a little harder in your case since the mustang left the scene. I know some cases here in Florida where that's considered fleeing the scene of an accident even though he never hit anybody or was physically involved in the accident...but he did cause it so he is to blame. But thats usually only when the other driver was killed in the crash. Sorry for rambling, but just trying to give you some ideas.

Anyways, I hope everything works out and you get your justice. Go find a good lawyer. Good luck and keep us posted.

Old 04-28-2006, 09:21 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
thanks everyone. i am greatful you all care.. appreciate it alot.. but on a good note.. im gettin a 06 blk on blk coupe wit navi, prem, 6mt.. this comin monday or tuesday^^ but i'm worried about the bull sh*t tickets and wat if the other drivers sue me.. T-T

Old 04-28-2006, 09:22 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why not wait for the next gen G? Or get the next gen sedan in september?

Old 04-28-2006, 09:27 PM
holy cow. just be thankful you're okay. cars can be replaced.

Old 04-29-2006, 04:13 AM
Originally Posted by mx22o
are ur rims okay? ill buy it off of u if they aren't hurt
I'm sure thats his first priority, people are so damn inconsiderate.

I'm glad you are ok, everything will work out bro, have faith.

Old 04-29-2006, 07:55 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
i ain't a fan of the 07.. don't know why. plus i work at infiniti in pa... and the sedan comin out then the coupe a while later down the road and the 6mt going to come even later... so no use of waiting.. i like 06

Old 05-02-2006, 11:25 AM
At the very least a lawyer would probably help with the insurance stuff. They may also be able to help with the speeding and following to close tickets. In PA they can't fine you if youre going <6 over; and its understandable that you would be too close if someone cuts you off. This will cost ALOT in insurance over the years if you do nothing.
Its a hassel, but fight.

Good luck with the '06, just traded up from an '04 recently myself. I'll never have black again though. I am obssesed with having a clean looking car. Unless it was dark out or raining the blk looked dirty. I was washing the black G every other day, and wishing i had time on the other days.
With the IP once a week seems to do alright unless i'm out driving in the rain.

Old 05-02-2006, 02:53 PM
First, like everyone else... I'm glad you're ok. I know that doesn't help with all the other BS you're getting, but that's the most important part.

Now, on the tickets... Based on what you've said, you could very easily gotten FAR worse tickets. The following too close they are going on based on you telling them you had to swerve to miss the Rustang. Speeding is a given when it's raining, and you lose control, and you spin all over the road then in reality, you were speeding. What they normally would call it would be "too fast for conditions". In other words, if you had been poking along at 35 there is a good chance that it all could have been avoided. Not taking the cops side here, but just playing devils advocate. Trust me, the other drivers involved, their insurance companies, and their lawyers perhaps will all play the same tune.

Would it mean that you just ride along in the right lane and get passed by everyone? YEP it would. But in the court's eyes if you'd been doing just that, then you'd not been cut off, you would not have swerved, you certainly wouldn't have lost control, and you more than likely you wouldn't have been hit by anyone. That's the way they are going to look at it.

That being said... get an attorney, get a GOOD ONE!!! People these days are stupid and GREEDY when it comes to accidents. Hell I sat on a jury a while back where a guy was suing this other guy, (trying to take his house away from him) because the first guy pulled up to a stop sign, took a left and came down a hill around a right hand curve in a subdivision and hit the 2nd guys pickup truck THAT WAS PARKED, head on! The trick there was that he hit it head on, as it was parked facing the wrong way on the side of the road. It wasn't raining or dark, in fact it was a blue sky morning and this moron just plows into a parked vehicle and tried to take the guy for everything he was worth!

Good thing the homeowner/parked truck owner took pictures of a vehicle parked exactly where his truck was, from 50' intervals starting at the stop sign, then as soon as he took the left turn, and all the way around the turn and down the hill. Without that evidence... there is no doubt in my mind that this guy would have lost everything to an idiot that was too dumb to watch where he was going. If it'd been night time, or raining I'm not sure the homeowner would have have come out as well either.

It sucks that you ended up getting the short end here, really sucks. Out of everyone there in this accident, (or around it) wasn't there ANYONE that can say they saw the Mustang driving recklessly, or cutting people off? What about a partial plate number or something? Sure you can't come up with a witness that saw this guy? (I'd be asking everyone I know and all their brothers and sisters if perhaps they were on that same road that morning, might just find out someone saw the whole thing, just like you said it happened.

Like I said earlier, you better get an attorney. I'm afraid someone is setting you up for a really bad day, much worse than the day of the wreck. Glad you're on the mend though as that is by far the most important part. New cars are easy, new people are a bit harder to find. Good luck.

Old 05-02-2006, 07:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's the problem, and I'm not saying you weren't cut off....Of all the accidents I have investigated that are similar to yours, someone always says they were cut off and they had to take an evasive action to avoid a collision. That may be true, but you need an independent, unbiased witness, and/or physical evidence. The physical evidence would be difficult if the roadway was wet. Sometimes after the roadway dries out, there are still tire friction marks. I investigated a collision where it was pouring rain at the time of collision. No tire friction marks. A week later, the marks were there (and still are 2 months later). I didn't need them though, I had 3 witnesses that all told me the same story and who was at fault. If I believed everything everyone told me, nobody would ever be at fault and there would be some mystery car out there cutting everyone off. What were the other involved parties statements? Where was the other vehicle when it moved into your lane? If you had not taken evasive action, would the other car have hit you? Did you make an unsafe lane change out of sheer panic? These are all questions that the officer should have (and probably did) asked you. You said you were traveling at 50 MPH in a 45 zone while it was pouring rain. The safe speed for the existing road and weather conditions may have been 35 MPH. Almost every single car collision I have investigated, the driver said it wasn't there fault, it was some else's that cut them off. And mysteriously, there are no witnesses. Very rarely do I have some one say, "I screwed up, I just took the corner too fast." I have only on one occassion placed someone at fault for a collision who didn't even make contact with the other vehicle. I had a good witness, who followed the other party and got a license plate for me. Of course her statement totally contradicted what the witness and the other party said.

Again, I'm not saying you are lying to save your behind. The officer has to take into account the totality of the circumstances (statements and damage to the vehicles) to make a determination. I don't mean to patronize you, but when you drive, always give yourself an out. Put your vehicle in a position relative to other cars on the road so that if you have to make an evassive movement, you can do it safely. People are stupid. They drive like they will never be in an collision. When you drive, keep that in mind. Every other driver out there with you is a big dummy. Give yourself extra space. Make eye contact with other drivers. Lower your speed by 3-5 MPH. If someone wants to drive like an idiot, let them. Don't get involved. When they crash further up the road, point and laugh and let us come pick up the pieces. My advice, and I know it's hard to overcome instinct, if someone lane changes you, let them hit you. Pretty easy to prove who's at fault then.

Without seeing the collision report, it's diffucult to understand everything that went on that day. Best of luck to you.

Last edited by g35 chippie; 05-03-2006 at 07:35 PM.