Reviews Reviews of specific modifications, posted by members

Review: Fast Intentions HFC 400-Cell Ceramic

Old 10-14-2006, 01:49 PM
Lexus IS350
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Review: Fast Intentions HFC 400-Cell Ceramic

I just picked up my Fast Intentions HFC from the FI shop on Thursday afternoon up in Northridge. Met up with Tony, who btw, is a great guy. Very honest man and a great businessman. I had the shop install them for me since I was so anxious to get them on and hear them on my car. Here's my 3 day review...

Packaging: My cats werent packaged since I picked them up. But, I picked up Ahero4eternity's cats while I was there and they were well-wrapped with bubble wrap. Plenty protected if they needed to be shipped

Quality, Fitment, & Installation: Top-notice. Fitment is perfect, installation was a breeze(to watch). Tony's shop installed them for me. Took them about an hour to do. Mind you, my cats were still hot from driving around town and to the shop, but they got it done efficiently.

Looks: Craftsmanship is top notch. Welds are some of the best Ive seen. As for looks...theyre HFC. You cant see em anyways but they do look much better than the Crawford and OEM cats.

Sound: Very, very loud! Turning the car on, you hear a nice added gurggle and deeper roar. The exhaust note is louder, deeper, and much more meaner. The sound is almost indescribable. The cats are amazing. I thought my exhaust sounded good before, it sounds ten times better now after installing the HFC

Performance: I did not notice any decrease or loss of low end torque or power. I did however notice that after a few hundred miles of driving, they are starting to break in and the power is more prevalent. My 5th gear now pulls almost like my 4th gear did prior to the HFC. After about 3800RPM, the power increase is more noticeable.

Competition: Crawford is obviously a direct competitor to FI. Obviously I am biased and also lacking experience with the crawford HFC but Ill give my input based on speaking with Tony and his crew. Tony offers a lifetime warranty on his builds(welding, assembly, etc). Also, there is a 80,000/8 year warranty o the HFC itself. He has done tons of R&D and testing on the dyno. After talking with Tony, it was a good feeling handing over the money. He's a great guy that stands behind his product and puts customer satisfaction number one on his list.

Overall: 10/10

Old 10-14-2006, 02:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with everything in your post. I had mine put on a month ago and love them. Car feels a little more responsive and it sounds great. Not too loud but it definately sounds more agressive. I cant wait to get this Invidia exhaust off and go with their Intimidator exhaust... very soon. Should sound awsome then...

Old 10-14-2006, 06:15 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
coming soon: my review

glad you like the HFCs bro. they sound absolutely sick today!

i cant wait to get mine on (next friday )

fvck..i should be writing my paper! lol

Old 10-19-2006, 10:42 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
now what warranty issue do these hold. I know there's a problem with the test pipes adding to the oil burning. But what about HFC's..

and how much were these cats.

Old 10-19-2006, 02:02 PM
Overglorified Altima
andrew and i got these cats during the sale so they were 120 off. i believe andrews were 480 so thats 600 for the regular price. mine were 520 so that makes them 640 i believe. dont quote me on those prices though..lol

i believe ca law says you cannot touch/modify/change your cats until 80k miles so if you have any problems i would definitely change back to your stock cats before going in for any major warranty service.

Old 10-20-2006, 10:36 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i believe ca law says you cannot touch/modify/change your cats until 80k miles so if you have any problems i would definitely change back to your stock cats before going in for any major warranty service

That's a FEDERAL LAW that you cannot tamper or change or modify or replace with non oem CATS until the Federal emission warranty period has expired. Up to $10,000 fine for emission tampering.

Obviously if oem cats fail they are replace by warranty with oem.

Old 10-21-2006, 07:21 PM
Overglorified Altima
$10k?

Old 10-21-2006, 07:56 PM
Former G35driver Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
$10k?
Yep, plenty of exhaust shops will have that posted in their lobby/cashier area. Places like Stillen have you sign waivers when you buy something not CARB like test pipes. FI may have something on their invoice stating off road vehicle use.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:54 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by thommyboy0885
I agree with everything in your post. I had mine put on a month ago and love them. Car feels a little more responsive and it sounds great. Not too loud but it definately sounds more agressive. I cant wait to get this Invidia exhaust off and go with their Intimidator exhaust... very soon. Should sound awsome then...
How is the drone with hfcs? I have the invidia gemini exhaust and I was wondering how would the drone increase with these hfcs. Thanks

Old 04-28-2014, 09:12 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Holy thread revival Batman!

The gemini exhaust is nice and shouldn't be a problem with an HFC, aka no rasp or little.

Old 05-08-2014, 03:11 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by thommyboy0885
Hi, i am currently using the invidia gemini exhaust also and I was planning on buying the fast intentions HFCs, but how is the drone with this setup? Is it loud inside the car, or Is it just fine where you can still listen to the radio? Thanks in advance and sorry for the late post