Reviews Reviews of specific modifications, posted by members

Review of SoutchBend DXD Clutch kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 02:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Review of SoutchBend DXD Clutch kit

I posted this on my350z and thought I'd post it here as well.

Over the weekend I installed the Southbend DxD OFE stage 4 clutch kit with the oem flywheel to avoid chatter and possible driveability degradation associated with lightweight flywheels. I bought the clutch kit from Spddracer, who was great to deal with and fast with the shipping!

The kit was installed on a 2004 JWT TT g35 coupe. I will be updating this thread with my impressions of the clutch, and how well it holds up, as the only other reviews of this clutch I managed to find were for NA cars. Currently I'm still taking it easy while the clutch breaks in.

My first impression is damn, this thing grabs hard! The car was jumping in first gear like I was new to manual trannys, lol. The engagement point is very low, just how I like it, and it grabs really hard. Other gears grab quick and hard, but are very manageable, so it's only first gear that I need to get used to. It's supposed to get a bit smoother as the clutch breaks in.

Clutch effort is supposed to be 50% more than stock, but honestly it doesn't feel like its much harder than stock, more like 20%. 03 and 04 G's are known for having heavy clutch pedals in stock form, so this is very comparable.

So far I am very happy with the clutch. I'll write back with updates on how it feels after it breaks in, and more importantly, if it can handle the power!