SFL G CLUB South Florida G35's + G37's

thinking of doing test pipes? opionions..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 05:24 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Don't know about your specific situation. Maybe resonated pipes need something different. I have Test Pipes (non-resonated) with foulers and never had a CEL for O2 sensor codes. Check with other guys with resonated pipes to see if they get the same codes as you.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:32 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have Berk Test Pipes. They came with the defoulers. Every once in awhile, I would get the "SERVICE ENGINE SOON" light, but it goes away after I fill up. Only happened once every since I got them. The rasp is there but you will soon learn to ignore. Nothing unbearable. The gain is there too =]

The following users liked this post:
c35 (07-22-2011)
Old 06-02-2010, 07:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The mil light is not due to the O2 sensors. The MIL light is due to the lack of catalytic converters. The codes that would be set are either P0420 or P0421. These are catalyst efficency codes due to the lack of converters. You need to fool the ECM into thinking that the cats are doing there job. This can be accomplished by using a tune to mask the codes or use teh fouler trick to back the downstream O2 sensors out of the exhaust stream. The tune works 100%. The foulers have a small percentage of failure. The percentage is going to be contingent on your A/F Ratio and how long your foulers are.

Hope this sheds a little light. And I am sorry for the long explaination, but I get frustrated when I see mis-information being exchanged.

Chris

Old 06-03-2010, 02:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmmm, well the foulers were designed to trick the 02 sensors into throwing a code.. My foulers did what they were designed to do no problem and I never threw a code with them on. This was even BEFORE i got my Osiris tune. If someone installs foulers on TP's (hahaha Teepee) and gets a code thrown, then something was wrong with install or the foulers.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:30 AM
The Foulers are used to remove the downstream O2 sensor from the unprocessed exhaust stream. O2 sensors do not "throw codes" they send information to a processor (ECM) and the processor evaluates the information it is provided, decides if that information is within its spec range, then will generate a trouble code if that information is incorrect. As this information pertains to this subject, the ECM is comparing the information it is being provided from the upsteam and downsteam O2 sensors to determine if the Cats are firing off and are functional. When you remove the Catalytic converters, you must not allow the downstream O2 to see the unprocessed exhaust. We use the foulers to back the downstream O2 sensor out of the direct stream. By doing that the O2 sensor is hopefully not heated up enough to generate anything more than a 500mv flat voltage signal, thus reporting to the ECM that there is not excessive oxygen, nor the lack of oxygen present after the catlytic converter. Keep in mind that an O2 sensor can only see the presence of Oxygen or the lack there of.

Hope this sheds some light.

Chris

Old 06-04-2010, 06:57 PM
Hold The Line

Received 622 Likes on 406 Posts
Originally Posted by CarlosM
Don't know about your specific situation. Maybe resonated pipes need something different. I have Test Pipes (non-resonated) with foulers and never had a CEL for O2 sensor codes. Check with other guys with resonated pipes to see if they get the same codes as you.
My OBS scanner reads a P1283

Old 06-04-2010, 07:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i just realized this thread is thinking of doing test pipes.. opiONIONS! haha

Old 06-04-2010, 07:46 PM
This thread is getting pretty for off track.

Do the test pipes up and rest assured there are several ways to deal with the MIL. Straight test pipes are all going to sound about the same, comparing simliar diameter pipe. Resonated, well thats a different story, gonna depend on the shape of the cans and the pipe size.

Tian,

If you want to fix your Int. MIL, get with me. Rest assured it has nothing to do with your test pipes.

Chris

Old 06-04-2010, 08:05 PM
i did megan test pipes resenated ones and they sounded good no rasp at all and i thin they were only 140.00 shipped or somewhere around there from a vender on this forum. also no CEL came on with the pipes on.