New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

New to the Forum!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 06:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to the Forum!

Hey guys I'm new to the forum (obviously), but I have owned my G for over 5 years now! Idk how I've gone so long without being a member of this forum! Lol. Anyways here's a little background on myself.

I'm active duty military (Navy) stationed in San Diego, CA. I own an 04 coupe AT that I daily (for now), but am slowly turning it into a project. Here's a short list of mods I have done to my G.

-K&N Typhoon CAI
-Tanabe Medallion Catback Exhaust
-NRG Front Strut Bar
-R1 RB Carbon Fiber Trunk
-Greddy Front Bumper/ Side skirts
-Spec D Tuning Emblemless Grill
-JDM style clear sidemarkers
-Damani Dumanis 20" 9in Front/ 10in Rear

Right now I'm stuck between going for BC Racing Coilovers and Bags. I don't plan to track the car anytime soon (at least not until I swap for manual). So any feedback on either setup is greatly appreciated! I will be getting a Motordyne plenum spacer and DC sport headers as well. I've also been looking into superchargers and turbos. It will be a while before I decide to go with forced induction, but it is still up in the air. Anyways I am glad to finally be a part of this Forum! I look forward to growing in the community!

P.s. I have 88k miles on my G. Looking to do manual swap around 120k or when trans starts to give.

P.s.s. I just installed my new trunk 2 days ago. This last pic has the stock sport spoiler on it.

Old 02-05-2017, 07:38 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Overall nice car but dem wheels...............got to go.

Old 02-05-2017, 12:45 PM
Lol I know.. I got the car with these wheels on them and I get a lot of mixed thoughts on them. I've been looking into vossens and niches. I just haven't put them ony priority list yet haha. I'll have to see what ppl have for sale here and get rid of these once and for all! And thanks for the compliment/ tip!

Old 02-05-2017, 06:31 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
No worries and it's not the chrome I dislike, hell I've rocked 2 different sets of chromies in my time with my G. Lots of chrome hate on here but that's cool. Just be happy with what makes you happy (unless you put 24's on there lol) and screw what others think. It's your ride after all. Welcome to our dysfunctional little family and enjoy your stay here, we're glad to have you.

Old 02-06-2017, 03:53 AM
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts
G35 coupe 6mt
Them wheels makin you look like a drug dealer. There are few volk wheels in the FS thread right now and they may be local to you.

Old 02-06-2017, 08:38 AM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Metro boomin dream chaser night rider

Jesus lololol

Old 02-06-2017, 09:48 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Welcome to G35 Driver Jorden, how do you like living in the best climate on the left coast? Nice look'in coupe, great first mods! We shouldn't "Rag On" those wheels, it might slow down your ability to sell them when you're ready! Like your trunk lid, have you found a body shop to paint it for you? You don't want that cool coupe looking like Grandmas quilt. BC coilovers are the way to go and that's a reliable brand, good idea!
Again Jorden, Welcome to Driver and enjoy the ride...Gary

Old 02-06-2017, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by deeliciousqueen
Them wheels makin you look like a drug dealer. There are few volk wheels in the FS thread right now and they may be local to you.
Lol I've never heard that before. And I've been looking around the marketplace. I'll end up getting new wheels when my super sports reach the end of their tread. And thanks for the heads up!

Old 02-06-2017, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by jerseytaylor
Metro boomin dream chaser night rider

Jesus lololol

​​​​​Lmao I've calmed down on the stickers recently. Probably taking them off soon haha

Old 02-06-2017, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by gary c
Welcome to G35 Driver Jorden, how do you like living in the best climate on the left coast? Nice look'in coupe, great first mods! We shouldn't "Rag On" those wheels, it might slow down your ability to sell them when you're ready! Like your trunk lid, have you found a body shop to paint it for you? You don't want that cool coupe looking like Grandmas quilt. BC coilovers are the way to go and that's a reliable brand, good idea!
Again Jorden, Welcome to Driver and enjoy the ride...Gary
West coast is awesome! And I've always had mixed emotions myself with these wheels haha. I'm holding off on painting the trunk for now. When I get the coilovers (more likely to happen than bags) I may get a poly kit to avoid cracking the fiberglass. I'd go for the outcast garage poly front and some poly skirts. Then I'll get it all painted together since the shop that I get my work done charges less for each additional panel. I'm hoping to have all the mods I mentioned done by fall. I'll post updates on each mod!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.