Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 12:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
July 3rd Meet FTW!
1. JarjarXG

Old 06-21-2008, 02:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RedSkylineGT
NOT HATING HERE BY ANY MEANS . I think it was bad they(RiceBoyTV) didn't come around and talk with everybody. They did a photoshoot of one car.(there were plenty of good looking cars there) I think they could have done that some where else like their studio which is in Carson, and on another night. They missed the point of the meet. They handed out some decals or something to a few and then while leaving gave each other Dap like they accomplished something. IMO they should have covered the event, talked to the guys, and shot many pics of different rides.. Not a very good way to promote their site or themselves...

Car looked good though.
OK. I saw your post on here when you put it up and was like whatever, but since you took the time to copy the thread and your reply from here and post it on our riceboytv.com forums two weeks after the fact, you might as well get the response you're so eager for.

Just because you start your post by saying you're not HATING and then go on with some hate, it doesn't mean everything is all good.

First off, the main reason we went there is because Randy told us about it or else we wouldn't have even known about it. He also told us the turnout is usually huge, but would be smaller this time around because of the game. We had already planned on shooting his car, and to be at a meet was cool as well. Why else would we bring two still cameras and a video one? We did walk around and talk to people. How do you know we didn't? Were you watching us the whole time? All the guys we talked to said that the turnout wasn't good. Nobody said that it was the best turnout ever. That's why we decided to wait until the next one to do a story on it so it actually makes for an interesting story. Isn't the point of covering the meet to get more people to come hang out? How cool of a video would that be if it was only at half force? Or 1/4 force? Not very cool.

Since we were all there already, we figured we'd make the best of our time and shoot the orange car. Didn't think we needed your permission to shoot it there or your suggestion for us to shoot it at our office. And about the daps, what are you talking about? Just because John left and shook hands, it doesn't mean we thought we accomplished anything. But it's always good to assume. Oh wait, no it's not. He had to go home to watch his kid. Is that OK with you?

I'm not here to try and argue, but you can't just go talking smack because you feel like it. Nor do we need to explain all of our actions to satisfy you.

Old 06-21-2008, 03:09 AM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by JarjarXG
July 3rd Meet FTW!
1. JarjarXG
I dont think there is need for this lol, they all just show , we all know when this meet is

Old 06-21-2008, 04:34 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i should have my new front bumper installed and since there is no laker game i will show up for the next meet.

old front

new more aggressive front coming

Old 06-21-2008, 04:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know now.

Old 06-21-2008, 09:11 PM
I think the meet was cool. Very chill. I had my supercharged G35 sedan and the whole night I was saying how I wished I never sold it. Here's pretty much the last of my replies on this matter:

1) We weren't the ones that announced that we were covering the event, so if that got your expectations up of what type of story would come out of it, that can't be put on us. We just showed up to scout and see how the turnout was. But after hearing from everyone we talked to that it has been bigger, we chose to wait to make the story really good.

2) The reason we didn't announce that we were going to do a full-blown story on the event is because of just that. We didn't want to get people's hopes since we were told the turnout might not be good.

3) If you really just wanted an answer from one of us, why didn't you just e-mail us and express your concerns (there's a "contact us" tab on the site that gives e-mail addresses) rather than post your rant on a public forum with the hope that one of us would even see it? It even lists direct phone numbers. Doesn't make much sense to come on here and wait when those options are available.

4) We did talk to the guy with the FX and the TT sedan. Both cars were badass and we had planned to do stories on them in the future. Others too. So where is this going?

5) Nobody else has said anything, so it only comes across as you speaking for yourself and not them.

6) Are you saying that you'd rather not us show up at all? Because I didn't see any of the print guys there and they didn't get any flack from you about it.

7) If you still have a problem with this, feel free to e-mail me rather than try to boost your post count or whatever your intention was by posting this on here. Rikdaddy@riceboytv.com if you can't find the "contact" tab. 310.549.2303 is my direct number. Other than that, I've explained our editorial plan more than enough to you considering you're not the one signing my paycheck.

Old 06-29-2008, 05:45 PM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
^^Nice to meet you yesturday sir

Probably wont remember me but I'm the Asian guy that came up to you while you were talking with Hector (Hexxum)

Old 06-30-2008, 12:06 PM
Former G35driver Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bump for Thursday since I missed the Big Ol HB meet over ther weekend.

Old 06-30-2008, 12:11 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
finally i can make a meet

Old 06-30-2008, 12:29 PM
I'll be there

Old 06-30-2008, 12:56 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by ShanesG
finally i can make a meet
Have you recovered from Friday night yet??

Old 06-30-2008, 01:57 PM
JZ
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
G35 Coupe KY0
Hey Lawrence... You rolling in the FX again? Ill be there for sure (in my dirty G)

Old 06-30-2008, 02:23 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by RedSkylineGT
Going to walk there..lol
Lawrence...wife won't let you use the FX?

...oh...and love the rolling shots!

Old 06-30-2008, 02:25 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
Originally Posted by OH6 G35
Have you recovered from Friday night yet??

i think so hahaha!

Old 06-30-2008, 03:30 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
If I have any gas left, I'll try to be there . . . .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New So Cal Meet 1st Thursday of every month