Official Orange County Meet Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.86 average.

Old 09-19-2008, 08:04 PM
Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Vinalex
So I guess I don't count because I drove from SFV to the LA County Fair, and to the meet, and then back home to the Valley huh? lol!

hey so who was driving on the Freeway racing with me...I know one was Shane up until the 101, but who kept on going all the way to Burbank?

Did you guys see the RX8 that tried to hit me up? lol!

Old 09-19-2008, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by 350GT_213
haha whats that ?

when you have a cold air intake how do you guys do the car wash ? cover the air filter with some plastic bagS ?
i was gonna go for it ..but i friend of mine told me SRI will be better and safe...
I have a 2 pieces CAI .. but I used 1 piece and converted to SRI =p

I wrap my whole entire engine with plastic bags so it doesn't get wet. I also have this system where the whole entire engine falls out. So I leave the engine at home and push my car to the wash.

Old 09-19-2008, 08:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1SlowG35Sedan
I wrap my whole entire engine with plastic bags so it doesn't get wet. I also have this system where the whole entire engine falls out. So I leave the engine at home and push my car to the wash.
do you have the bypass valve ? do they really work ?
i saw a website testing this bypass valve...
they ran the dyno with the filter submerged and the water never got close to the engine ...

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/te...lve/index.html

i have the other piece that makes my intake into CAI ...should I do that .. does it make a lot of difference (performance)?

what do you use to wrap your engine ? i think just cover the filter its all good ...

Old 09-19-2008, 08:31 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Interfooler = fake.

Intercooler = real. (for FI only)

Old 09-19-2008, 08:36 PM
do you have the bypass valve ? do they really work ?
i saw a website testing this bypass valve...
they ran the dyno with the filter submerged and the water never got close to the engine ...

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/te...lve/index.html

i have the other piece that makes my intake into CAI ...should I do that .. does it make a lot of difference (performance)?

what do you use to wrap your engine ? i think just cover the filter its all good ...

Wow bro you're really gullible, it was a joke! IMO you don't need a bypass valve unless your going to take your G offroading in the back woods, or live in a area that floods frequently. You live in Cali bro, no need to worry about it. That bypass valve was made for offroad trucks.
Don't drive fast over puddles, don't drown your car in the sea, or pour water on the intake and you're good. I'm not an intake expert but I doubt you're going to see much difference in power with a cai, ram air, or whatever intake your using.

Old 09-19-2008, 08:54 PM
hey anyone got any infor about the group pic at Hai BBQ????

Old 09-19-2008, 09:37 PM
^hey whats up tiger, why did u leave right when we got to the cruze spot that was crackin!! but anyways hit up g35rider92649 i normally take the pics for him he should have a junk load from the bbq

Old 09-20-2008, 01:50 AM
Originally Posted by Evo8AllDay
^hey whats up tiger, why did u leave right when we got to the cruze spot that was crackin!! but anyways hit up g35rider92649 i normally take the pics for him he should have a junk load from the bbq
Nahh man uno we took the group pic and somehow it never showup lol.... i think it wanted......ahahaaha

Old 09-21-2008, 03:11 AM
Originally Posted by 1SlowG35Sedan
Wow bro you're really gullible, it was a joke! IMO you don't need a bypass valve unless your going to take your G offroading in the back woods, or live in a area that floods frequently. You live in Cali bro, no need to worry about it. That bypass valve was made for offroad trucks.
Don't drive fast over puddles, don't drown your car in the sea, or pour water on the intake and you're good. I'm not an intake expert but I doubt you're going to see much difference in power with a cai, ram air, or whatever intake your using.
what about raining days ? just stop de car and make it short ram ?
thats what they used to do before haha ...

yea my AEM CAI are 2 pieces =) so I was using short ram ... but today I took the other piece ... made it CAI .. I had fitment issues .. AEM filter is hella BIG

But somehow I did ... is there any problem if the filter is touching the side walls (behind bumper) and some wires ?
i put some 3M foam tape on the "touching" areas .. i took to the signal in torrance to do a Oil change ..he said its good =)

What I did today is .. I used to use regular oil ... but the guy told me i could change to synthetic .. it will clean my engine ... is that ok??
he used Neo synthetic oil ... and some Japan Made filter ...
does anyone hear about Neo synthetic?

Old 09-21-2008, 12:53 PM
what about raining days ? just stop de car and make it short ram ?
thats what they used to do before haha ...

yea my AEM CAI are 2 pieces =) so I was using short ram ... but today I took the other piece ... made it CAI .. I had fitment issues .. AEM filter is hella BIG

But somehow I did ... is there any problem if the filter is touching the side walls (behind bumper) and some wires ?
i put some 3M foam tape on the "touching" areas .. i took to the signal in torrance to do a Oil change ..he said its good =)

What I did today is .. I used to use regular oil ... but the guy told me i could change to synthetic .. it will clean my engine ... is that ok??
he used Neo synthetic oil ... and some Japan Made filter ...
does anyone hear about Neo synthetic?
It doesnt matter if it is raining. The only way it will suck up water is if it is submerged...aka flooding...which is rare in cali

Old 09-21-2008, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by silverg35sport
It doesnt matter if it is raining. The only way it will suck up water is if it is submerged...aka flooding...which is rare in cali
oh so its ok driving on raining days ?
my filter is right on the low mesh grill ... even with raning water hitting the filter its not going to suck water into my engine ?

I could feel the difference using a CAI and a SRI ..
I guess I used to loose power when used SRI w/o head shield.
But now I can feel a lil bit more of power and more throttle response.

Old 09-21-2008, 01:11 PM
yes its fine driving on rainy days with a cai...mines at the lower mesh grill also.

Old 09-21-2008, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by silverg35sport
yes its fine driving on rainy days with a cai...mines at the lower mesh grill also.
hey I know its a random question
but yesterday I had my oil change at Signal Auto. you know they are those japaneses with skyline,240sx etc ...

They said Neo Oil is good brand of oil ... racers use this oil ..and he told me its gonna be better if I start to use synthetic oils insted of regular ..
ive been using regular oil since I got the car. and the infiniti dealer they do regular oil change for g35 ...

but the guy at signal told me I can go from regular to synthetic, but never synthetic to regular ...

since i dont know much about cars ... im asking here on the forum =)

Old 09-21-2008, 01:22 PM
synthetics good...i use it

Old 09-21-2008, 01:26 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Oil is oil.

If you don't drive hard, you don't really have a need for synthetic; the tolerances are tight enough that you have nothing to worry about.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.86 average.

Quick Reply: Official Orange County Meet Thread