Official G L A N C E Team Meets Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.

Old 05-23-2009, 04:19 AM
Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
Infiniti G35 Sedan Nismo Aero Sport Package
Originally Posted by bluevelvet
theres a Drift Bible?

ehh.. i love that corola.. its hella sick.. but.. idk.. its so small lol..

i know i can turn it inside and out.. and learn to control the out of control with it.. but idk.. i guess i want to start off on a different path.. i know that most of the GREAT drifters started with the Trueno.. but i want to make my own path..

even tho i know it will show me great things i feel i can also make great things form a 240..
well Good luck buddy, hands down to you if you do so

Old 05-23-2009, 04:20 AM
Edgar I'm guessing your new to the Import world!

Old 05-23-2009, 04:22 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by TycoRC
I believe KA's are alot easier to fix up, you can find alot of oldschool frontiers and pathfinders with KA's at the Junkyard as well as other 240s. If you wanna drift, pull out some cash baller cuz that hobby is one expensive game.
yeah.. but you can do it on a low budget.. everyone always sees drifting like its crazy expensive.. the most ecpensive is the tires.. and fuel.. the body panels arent that bad..

also is the drives from here and there.. but.. i plan on keeping it local until i get a tire sponsorship.. then move from there..

there are a lot of events here in CALI.. and i know i can make it.. i just need to save up a lot more.. and get started ASAP..

as for the KA.. its coo on my book.. probably roll with that and if i get tired ill just get a SR20.. and call it a day.. lol

Old 05-23-2009, 04:25 AM
Edgar I'm guessing your new to the Import world!
no... just new to the actual concept of drifting as a competition i want to get into..

i have books on how to drift and what not.. and how to Boost Engines from Diesel to GAS.

i have read quite a bit and i feel knowledge able as far as theory.. but what i need is practice..

know a place i could get me a copy of that RC?

Old 05-23-2009, 04:26 AM
yeah.. but you can do it on a low budget.. everyone always sees drifting like its crazy expensive.. the most ecpensive is the tires.. and fuel.. the body panels arent that bad..

also is the drives from here and there.. but.. i plan on keeping it local until i get a tire sponsorship.. then move from there..

there are a lot of events here in CALI.. and i know i can make it.. i just need to save up a lot more.. and get started ASAP..

as for the KA.. its coo on my book.. probably roll with that and if i get tired ill just get a SR20.. and call it a day.. lol
Theres alot when it comes to drifting a race you want to build. Suspension, Engine, just pretty much having to bullet proof your car for some bad abuse chassis bending drifting

Old 05-23-2009, 04:30 AM
Theres alot when it comes to drifting a race you want to build. Suspension, Engine, just pretty much having to bullet proof your car for some bad abuse chassis bending drifting
yeah.. thats true.. thats why i chose the 240.. they are every where..

and everything can either be off the Shelf or on the Forums..

and if all Fails i can always search the Junk Yards..

i plan on tig welding the Crap out of my chassy lol

and i plan on making my own custom braces once i have one to work on.. kind alike the GTSpec ones.. just more to my taste.. and where i choose..

as far as the Roll cage.. ill probably send it somewhere to get one that is approved to be used in competitions..

but things will all fall into place as soon as i start drifting..

little by little i will know what i need to do.. i cant just decide to jump in with the big dawgs when im a long haired chiwawa.. lol

Old 05-23-2009, 04:44 AM
bah... where everyone go???

Laggers..

Old 05-23-2009, 04:52 AM
yeah.. thats true.. thats why i chose the 240.. they are every where..

and everything can either be off the Shelf or on the Forums..

and if all Fails i can always search the Junk Yards..

i plan on tig welding the Crap out of my chassy lol

and i plan on making my own custom braces once i have one to work on.. kind alike the GTSpec ones.. just more to my taste.. and where i choose..

as far as the Roll cage.. ill probably send it somewhere to get one that is approved to be used in competitions..

but things will all fall into place as soon as i start drifting..

little by little i will know what i need to do.. i cant just decide to jump in with the big dawgs when im a long haired chiwawa.. lol
by tig weld you mean tig weld stitched the frame chassis? Thats make the frame stronger, do you know what stitch weld does Edgar? Have you ever seen it done before? hehe

Old 05-23-2009, 04:57 AM
so yeah how about them lakers ehh

Old 05-23-2009, 05:02 AM
by tig weld you mean tig weld stitched the frame chassis? Thats make the frame stronger, do you know what stitch weld does Edgar? Have you ever seen it done before? hehe
i have seen it done on some cars.. from my understanding it helps prevent FLEX on the body of the car and prevents it from breaking or cracking when it is put under all those lateral G's of the Apex of the turn....or what seems to be the Frame.. which helps with handling and seems to make it easier to manuver the car..

they also Tig weld or spot weld or stitch weld underneath the car for more rigidity.. i have seen when they remove the frame from the chassis and they kinda hang it on this dolly looking thing where it hangs.. lol.. its pretty cool..

thats also why most drift cars have the roll cage that connects to the frame also.. and why there are so many Braces and Brackets on drift cars..

also i know i will need a pneumatic hand Brake.. which will help initiate the drift.. altho not needed it seems like something nice to have and not worry so much..

Old 05-23-2009, 05:11 AM
i have seen it done on some cars.. from my understanding it helps prevent FLEX on the body of the car and prevents it from breaking or cracking when it is put under all those lateral G's of the Apex of the turn....or what seems to be the Frame.. which helps with handling and seems to make it easier to manuver the car..

they also Tig weld or spot weld or stitch weld underneath the car for more rigidity.. i have seen when they remove the frame from the chassis and they kinda hang it on this dolly looking thing where it hangs.. lol.. its pretty cool..

thats also why most drift cars have the roll cage that connects to the frame also.. and why there are so many Braces and Brackets on drift cars..

also i know i will need a pneumatic hand Brake.. which will help initiate the drift.. altho not needed it seems like something nice to have and not worry so much..
Fool ever had rotisserie chicken? That dolly is called rotisserie hahaha

Old 05-23-2009, 05:15 AM
man what ever.. lol.. good thing is you know what i was talking about.. lol

m ROTISSERIE YOUR **** LOL..

Old 05-23-2009, 05:16 AM
Just get the drift button! hahaha

Old 05-23-2009, 05:16 AM
BUMP FOR THIS AFTER NOON.. lmao.. hahaha

or MID DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-23-2009, 05:17 AM
Just get the drift button! hahaha
PICTURE = FAIL

lol...

where can i get the "Drift Bible" FOOO!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.

Quick Reply: Official G L A N C E Team Meets Thread