South Serving AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX

I'm thinking about a auto change

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2004, 11:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm thinking about a auto change

Hello Everyone,

I am very up-set with my G35 Sedan. I am glad I have it leased. The dealership can not get rid of the interior vibrations/rattles. I sent J.D. Powers an e-mail about the frustrations I have with my sedan. The car itself is great but Infiniti can not make the interior as good as the exterior. I also attempted to contact Infiniti Corporation. They said the dealerships should be able to fix that problem. I have taken mine to West Houston Infiniti 10 times to fix the problem, but they can't.

If any one knows another dealership that CAN FIX the problem, please let me know. I have told the dealership that I am going back to Ford Motor Company vehicles in another year or two. IF a dealership can fix the problem, I will stay with the G35. If not, I am looking at the Mazda RX-8 or Volvo S60. If I go with one of those, I get the Ford Employee Discount = )

BTW - My Infiniti Dealership mentioned there have been several rattle problems on the sedans & coupes. Its sad that a Ford Taurus does not have these types of problems like our more expensive vehicles.

Old 01-04-2004, 03:11 PM
Re: I'm thinking about a auto change

There have been many posts about interior rattles. I have read many ones with happy endings. Have you tried any other dealership?

I just purchased my wife a Pacifica instead of a FX35. The main reason I did not purchase another Infiniti is how BAD my service experiences have been at the dealership I purchased my G.

That was during the year Infiniti won the JD Powers award.

Old 01-04-2004, 03:23 PM

Thanks for your reponse 2003blueG35. I have not taken my sedan to another dealership. I am afraid to take mine to another location. I am still not sure if Southwest Infiniti will be able to work on it. I sent a a reply to someone there on 11/8/03, and heard nothing on it. I will contact the Infiniti location in North Houston via phone and see what they say before I make the drive across Houston.

Dealerships have no true idea about there clients. I know many people in the auto industry. They can't beleave what goes on in these days. I am going to give this car a chance till Late '05 or in '06. I know about some vehicles coming in those times.

Old 01-05-2004, 05:25 PM

Well, I called North Houston Infiniti. They would not be able to work on the rattel problem since West Houston Infiniti has worked on it several times.

Well, on that note, I will no longer buy or lease any Infiniti vehicle. I would not even purchase a Nissan. Its not worth it to me or anyone.

Old 01-12-2004, 11:17 AM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

SRHTX,

Just got mine back from West Houston Infiniti. They got it fixed.
Joe Gonzales has worked with me on 2 occasions to fix
the drivers door rattle. The last time, he drove my car and identified
the noise. It was the wires going to the window regulator. They taped
them down and the door is silent! This was the 3rd time my G had
been in for the rattle. First time at SouthWest Infiniti they attached
those foam wrappers around the wires coming off the door handle.
That didn't work, but during the summer the door was quiet.
Then came the cool weather here in Houston, along with the door
rattle. Took it to Joe and showed him the door rattle TSB posted
on this website, the one for insulating the door pannel. That seemed
to quiet it down, but the rattle came back with a vengance. Took
it back to Joe. He drove the car and heard the noise. Had it fixed
pronto. Take your car back to Joe Gonzales and have him check
it out. Don't give up so easy.

2003 Twilight Blue 5AT Sedan, sunroof,
Graphite Leather, splashguards,
12 wire Hyper-grounding kit,
350Z intake duct, Stillen Hi-Flow Airbox
Underbody rear diffusers, Drilled aluminum pedals

Old 01-12-2004, 04:33 PM

Thanks Cato,

After I read your reply, I contacted Teresa over at West Houston and advised her about your comment. I told here that You had your G35 over there about the same issues and that you delt with Joe. Joe has been in my car once, but he was not the person I usually deal with. I advised Teresa that I want to have Joe get into my car, drive it around and listhen for those darn vibrations/noises. I also told Teresa that I will never buy another Infiniti/Nissan again in my life "unlese" a person is able to figure out the problem. They are suppose to contact me when they set a time for me to bring in my sedan.

At this point, I have two people who would like my car when I am wanting to dispose of it. That new Mazda RX-8 looks pretty darn good to me!! Heck, I would get that one with a Ford Employee rate!!

Old 01-13-2004, 08:40 AM

I have dealt with both Joe and Teresa, both were helpful. Joe seems
to know more about our G35 than Teresa. I bet your rattles can be
found and expunged. Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

Old 01-13-2004, 06:21 PM

Hey Cato,

I have just dropped of my sedan at West Houston. Joe drove my car around the area listening for the noises. Well, Joe heard the vibrations in the rear deck right off the back. He also heard some noise from the center of the cars dash. The car would not do all of the rattels it normaly does, but Joe will drive around in it a time or two tomorrow. He is going to fix the rattels he heard today.

Cato, just to let you know, Joe did not know this website existed!! I gave him a copy of this "I'm thinking about a auto change" forum. If you see Joe jump in here, that will be why. I know he is happy that there is such a website about the G35's. He knows how close I am to getting a Mazda RX-8 in a year or two. He is going to try and fix what he has heard.

Stay Tuned!!

Old 01-14-2004, 10:31 AM

Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

Old 01-14-2004, 09:01 PM

Cato,

Joe gave me a call this afternoon. He is really trying to see what is causing the rattle noise in/on the rear deck. If you drive any where w/o the radio on, it rattles. I now beleave he knows why I have taken my sedan to the dealership over 10 times about that rattle!!! All I can say is Joe is going to find a way to fix that problem.I might not get my sedan back until Friday or next week.

PLEASE let Joe find a way to fix that problem! I still love the G35 as long as there is NO RATTLES!!!

Old 01-15-2004, 10:59 AM

I know Joe will try to make you happy. The first thing is getting the
Service Guys to recognize the rattle. When they hear what you have
been dealing with, they generally can eliminate it. Good luck and
I am praying with you. I know how a rattle can really ruin the experience
of a new car.

Old 01-16-2004, 12:35 AM

I hope your rattle problems have been fixed. I know a few people with the same rattle problems. There are some defects in the assembly line in Japan for just a few cars. That's why only a few people have this problem. What happen is that some body panels are not assembled correctly. There are a few milimeter differences on the gap between panels on all four doors including the trunk. Please make sure that you measure all the gaps on all door panels, trunk, and hood. All the gaps should be the same width; otherwise, you would have gotten the cars that have defects in the assembly line, and all these cars will have rattle problems.

Old 01-16-2004, 07:26 PM

Thanks for your advice Untung. I picked up my sedan today. I needed to have the loaners back for the weekend. I will take my sedan back to West Houston Monday afternoon. Joe is hoping it will be taken care of by Wednesday.

I did not get a chance to pay attention to the vibrations driving it home. It did seem a little quiet, but I will drive it around and have a chance to listen to it.

Oh, Joe knows about the rattles that many had and how to fix them. My sedan is much different the what people are thinking about. I must be one of those who have the major problem G's. Ugh

Old 01-16-2004, 10:38 PM

Up-date:

Well, I drove my car this evening with the stereo off. I drove it for around 25 minutes. Joe has done a very good job so far. I drove it across, up & down ramps where I know if causes those darn rattels. Now, I know the car repairs are not finished so, West Houston will have it about two/three more days next week. When they are finished with the fixes, I will give it a week to make sure ( and hope ) it does not happen again.

Old 01-25-2004, 10:59 AM

Well, Joe was able to get that damn rattel out of the rear deck. Other noises still exist, but the main issue is gone (for now). Joe @ West Houston spent over a week on my car. If you give them a chance, Joe will fix it.

As for me wanting to change to a different vehicle type, I will. I do not feel that Nissan/Infiniti car about the interiors of our cars. For a vehicle costing over $30k with these types of problems, its not worth it. I am going to hold onto this car for another year or two before I purchase something else.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I'm thinking about a auto change