South Serving AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX

Oklahoma G35/Z Owners Roll Call

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 09:13 PM
Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts
G35
I did a lot of research and I mean a lot. I really wanted momentum's single turbo kit, but they went bust and their kits are very hard to come across and the few ones you do are used... I wanted new.

I read an article in SUPER STREET's March 2012 issue (Nissan engine building tips for VQ) it highlighted the stock VQ's bottom end weaknesses with forced induction and recommended that supercharging be the route taken when boosting a stock block as it typically creates less torque than turbo's thus making it more safer and reliable.

I also read this article from NICO Club.

http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/pro...tallation.html

I chose to go with Vortech's V3 kit as it is easy bolt on, larger gains over the Stillen and self contained lubricating system. Plus it was a lot cheaper and I didn't have to additionally purchase their required expensive and ugly hood.

I also like the centrifugal supercharger as it comes into boost similar to a turbo, comes with a air-to-air intercooler and has a bypass valve.

Like I said before I want to stay safe and reliable. The Vortech kit is more flexible with larger gains. I intend to be tuned for 375whp and respect the controversial 400whp limit of a stock VQ bottom end.

Many G's and Z's run Vortech kits and they all seem pretty happy with it. Every instance I've read about of damaged/blown engine was a result of a improper tune, too much boost or a combo of the two.

I have no need for a fully built, stroked, twin turbo VQ making 6-700whp. I just wanted a safe, fun and reliable street car.

Last edited by joeb1983; 03-10-2013 at 08:28 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by joeb1983
I did a lot of research and I mean a lot. I really wanted momentum's single turbo kit, but they went bust and their kits are very hard to come across and the few ones you do are used... I wanted new.

I read an article in SUPER STREET's March 2012 issue (Nissan engine building tips for VQ) it highlighted the stock VQ's bottom end weaknesses with forced induction and recommended that supercharging be the route when boosting a stock VQ as it creates less torque than turbo's thus making it more safer and reliable.
When we meet, you must bring this article if in your posession.

I also read this article from NICO Club.

http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/pro...tallation.html

I chose to go with Vortech's V3 kit as it is easy bolt on, larger gains over the Stillen and self contained lubricating system. Plus it was a lot cheaper and I didn't have to additionally purchase their required expensive and ugly hood.

I also like the centrifugal supercharger as it comes into boost similar to a turbo, comes with a air-to-air intercooler and has a bypass valve.

Like I said before I want to stay safe and reliable. The Vortech kit is more flexible with larger gains. I intend to be tuned for 375whp and respect the controversial 400whp limit of a stock VQ bottom end.

Many G's and Z's run Vortech kits and they all seem pretty happy with it. Every instance I've read about of damaged/blown engine was a result of a improper tune.

I have no need for a fully built, stroked, twin turbo VQ making 6-700whp. I just wanted a safe, fun and reliable street car.
Good luck with the boost buildup. This is something I would be interested in for my sedan later on as it is my DD. I'm actually leaning toward a little nitrous.

Old 02-07-2013, 11:24 PM
Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts
Looks like Im going nitrous. NX kit with all the bells and whistles. Maximizer 4 progressive controler, complete gauge setup (AEM air/fuel ratio, fuel pressure, and dynotune n20 pressure in a Lotek gauge pod), NX bottle heater and remote opener. Hoping to put down a little under 400hp safely.

Old 02-07-2013, 11:28 PM
You guys should check out the V35 Coupe Drivers Facebook page if you haven't already. Wideloadtimmy, if you need any advice you can contact Jake Justice on there. Hes the one guiding me on my nitrous setup. Really knows his stuff.

The following users liked this post:
WideLoadTimmy (02-07-2013)
Old 02-07-2013, 11:29 PM
I'll check that out tomorrow. thanks.

Old 02-10-2013, 06:30 AM
G35
To hood or not to hood?

Thinking about getting this SEIBON carbon hood and painting it LP to match. Wanting something to let some heat out. Especially with unwrapped, uncoated Stillen stainless headers along with going FI. The AMS heat extractor hood is too aggressive for my tastes. I think this one flows with the car. What you think?

Attached Thumbnails Oklahoma G35/Z Owners Roll Call-body-kit-installed-017.jpg   Oklahoma G35/Z Owners Roll Call-seibong35-ts-1pic1.jpg   Oklahoma G35/Z Owners Roll Call-seibong35-ts-1pic2.jpg   Oklahoma G35/Z Owners Roll Call-body-kit-installed-015.jpg   Oklahoma G35/Z Owners Roll Call-body-kit-installed-014.jpg  

Last edited by joeb1983; 03-10-2013 at 09:28 AM.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by G35 Dream
You guys should check out the V35 Coupe Drivers Facebook page if you haven't already. Wideloadtimmy, if you need any advice you can contact Jake Justice on there. Hes the one guiding me on my nitrous setup. Really knows his stuff.
They won't care if I'm a sedan driver, will they?

EDIT: It shows that group as a closed group. You may have to tell someone I'm interested.

Thinking about getting this SEIBON carbon hood and painting it LP to match. Wanting something to let some heat out. The AMS heat extractor hood is too aggressive for my tastes. I think it flows with the car. What you think?
If it makes you happy, do it. My own car will never see anything like that unless my underhood temps get too high and I find myself in need. But it's your car. It's an expression of you and if you like it, be all about it! I can respect any car and the work that goes into it.

Last edited by WideLoadTimmy; 02-15-2013 at 06:34 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:55 PM
G35
Got it delivered! Now just waiting on body shops to get back with me in regards to having it sprayed.

Attached Thumbnails Oklahoma G35/Z Owners Roll Call-seibon-1.jpg   Oklahoma G35/Z Owners Roll Call-seibon-2.jpg  
Old 03-02-2013, 11:54 PM
Hey Timmy what's your Facebook I'll send you a friends request then add you.

Old 03-05-2013, 06:42 PM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Jersey boy checkin in here! Im at school in Tulsa so i guess i got an OK family and a NJ family ha

Old 03-09-2013, 11:16 PM
G35 club

Hello all are there any g35 clubs in OKC

Old 03-10-2013, 09:22 AM
G35
I don't think there is strictly a G35 club. The closest thing would be Z-car club which includes the the G. They are based out of Tulsa, but have a OKC chapter I believe. They have a website and a monthly flyer. I've thought about it. Seems like a good bunch.

Old 03-10-2013, 10:29 AM
What's going on OKC G35 and Z owners

Old 03-10-2013, 12:42 PM
Hey all are I'm new to OKC are there any good all in one shops here for performance and parts

Old 03-10-2013, 03:07 PM
G35
Abel Racing off Douglas and alternative Motorsports off of Reno are the "main" tuner/import shops, but I have not had good luck with them... Especially Abel. They are shady and both have some bad reps... Most shops around deal with American muscle. I buy parts online and do all the work myself unless I have the $ and don't want to deal with the hassle. (Headers)

Humble Performance in Tulsa is pretty nice, but its a drive and they mainly deal with Honda's. I usually go down to Texas for the important stuff. (Tuning)

There is EuroSport in Norman, but as the name entails they deal with European vehicles although they do have a RX7 and Mustang in their showroom. They performed my fender roll.

XP Racing is off Expressway, but they specialize in LS motors. I only use them for dyno pulls with AFR's (DynoJet) as they are close to me and their prices are reasonable. They have a half off coupon for first time costumers.

There is a new kid on the block called No Grip Garage... Just heard about them through word of mouth. I looked them up and could not find much. No website, but they do have a Facebook page. I think they lean heavily towards 240's, but I'm not 100% certain.

Attached Thumbnails Oklahoma G35/Z Owners Roll Call-body-kit-installed-015.jpg  

Last edited by joeb1983; 03-11-2013 at 12:50 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Oklahoma G35/Z Owners Roll Call