South Serving AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX

Blue Bonnet Drive on Saturday, April 16

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 09:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post-Stampede Blue Bonnet Drive on Sat. April 16 from Austin, TX

This event is only for Nissan and Infiniti cars. It is a "Spouse-Friendly" drive starting in Austin. We'll take in the springtime hill country views at a leisurely pace, stop at several scenic spots, have a picnic lunch at the Willow City Loop, climb to the peak of the Enchanted Rock, drive through Inks Lake State Park, and have an early dinner at the famous Blue Bonnet Cafe in Marble Falls. More details can be seen here:

http://www.rbtexasstampede.com/rbts_...e_April05.html

Hope you can join us.

The Tourmaster

Last edited by youngturk; 03-30-2005 at 12:39 PM.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:26 PM
haaaa man i wish i could go...... i got a place right next to the willow citty loop and enchanted rock

Old 04-03-2005, 10:14 AM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
John, aka TourMaster,

My family and I are in the planning stages of attending this drive. As for the picnic lunch, I assume everyone attending this event will need to bring their own? Another question: how long in miles is the proposed drive, and how many hours do you think we will be on the road? We are planning on spending the night in the Hill country, either in Marble Falls or Fredricksberg. This is gonna be Great! On Sunday, I plan on a short tour to a few wine vineyards. I hear the wildflowers are pretty good this year.
My Bad, I just had all my questions answered on the link you provided in the first post. Damn John, you cover all the bases! Have you thought about opening a Sports Car Touring business? What a great job that would be. And think about it....you could buy a really expensive sports car and write it off on your taxes!

Last edited by cato; 04-03-2005 at 10:19 AM.
Old 04-03-2005, 03:32 PM
My wife and I are going to be there. We will drive to Austin Friday evening. After the dinner at the BlueBonnet Inn on Saturday, we will drive on to Johnston City and spend the night at The Pickett House, a Bed and Breakfast. This is going to be GREAT! Sunday we plan on seeing a couple of the Hill Country vineyards before driving back to Sugar Land. Our 24th wedding anniversary is April 11, so this is part of that celebration.....

Old 04-03-2005, 10:50 PM
Thank you

Originally Posted by cato
Damn John, you cover all the bases! Have you thought about opening a Sports Car Touring business?
Cato, thank you for the compliment. I am glad you got the answers to all your questions. Y'know, I never considered doing it as a business. If I knew I could make money from such an enterprise, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I enjoy setting up these kinds of tours. For now, I'm doing it for the fun and fellowship with nice friends like you.

Old 04-04-2005, 07:23 AM
Originally Posted by youngturk
Cato, thank you for the compliment. I am glad you got the answers to all your questions. Y'know, I never considered doing it as a business. If I knew I could make money from such an enterprise, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I enjoy setting up these kinds of tours. For now, I'm doing it for the fun and fellowship with nice friends like you.
John,
If you think about it, there are businesses that do tours, like Colorado river raft tours, hiking tours,etc.etc. Why not a sports car tour company? You buy a 911 turbo and conduct Hill country sports car tours. You car is 100% tax deductable and you depreciate it. (Drive it for free, and have a blast)
Just a thought........................................... ................................

Old 04-09-2005, 04:18 PM
WTH??? No one else is going to make this drive? Come on people! Sign up.

Old 04-10-2005, 08:02 PM
I drove around the area of the planned route this weekend and it was absolutely beautiful. Next weekend's weather forecast looks good. The starting point is the HEB parking lot at the intersection of highway 71 and FM 2244 in west Austin (right in front of Starbucks Coffee). Maps to the starting point have been posted at the event web site.

Hope you can join us for what is planned to be a relaxing yet visually stimulating gathering of Nissan and Infiniti enthusiasts. Don't forget to bring your camera as there will be plenty of opportunities to capture the beautiful scenery.

Old 04-13-2005, 10:05 PM
Well, the weather forecast for Saturday is looking pretty good so far. It looks like it will be a perfect day for driving in the countryside.

Only Cato has let me know that he and his wife are coming. I hope more Gs will be interested in joining us.

Old 04-14-2005, 07:54 AM
Originally Posted by youngturk
Well, the weather forecast for Saturday is looking pretty good so far. It looks like it will be a perfect day for driving in the countryside.

Only Cato has let me know that he and his wife are coming. I hope more Gs will be interested in joining us.
That would be just 2 G35 Sedans representing the G35 community.
I am looking forward to climbing Enchanted Rock. We don't see any rocks here
in the Houston area....hehe

Old 04-14-2005, 08:01 AM
I'll be heading east on 290 to H-Town this weekend for an inlaw visit, so I'll probably fly right by you, Cato.

Enchanted Rock is beautiful... you're in for a treat. Not sure if anyone will be doing any "cliff diving", but we used to hang out quite a bit over there.

Have fun. See you guys on the next drive.

Old 04-14-2005, 07:04 PM
If you have binoculars, bring it. We will make a brief stop at a bald eagle nest viewing area in the the afternoon.

Also, for those of you - like me - who still use film-based cameras: Bring plenty of film.

Spill: Sorry you can't join us. Hope to see you at the next Stampede.

Old 05-28-2005, 11:03 PM
151 pictures from the drive have been added to the event web site at:

http://www.rbtexasstampede.com/stampedespast.html

Enjoy!

Old 07-03-2005, 12:26 PM
Finally got around to posting some pics of the Blue Bonnet Drive:

Attached Thumbnails Blue Bonnet Drive on Saturday, April 16-107_0779-2-_resize_resize.jpg   Blue Bonnet Drive on Saturday, April 16-107_0777-2-_resize_resize.jpg   Blue Bonnet Drive on Saturday, April 16-107_0784-2-_resize_resize.jpg   Blue Bonnet Drive on Saturday, April 16-107_0788-2-_resize_resize.jpg   Blue Bonnet Drive on Saturday, April 16-107_0790-2-_resize_resize.jpg  

Old 07-03-2005, 12:28 PM
We saw some beautiful sights on this drive. We drove to Enchanted Rock.

Attached Thumbnails Blue Bonnet Drive on Saturday, April 16-107_0792-2-_resize_resize.jpg   Blue Bonnet Drive on Saturday, April 16-107_0795-2-_resize_resize.jpg   Blue Bonnet Drive on Saturday, April 16-108_0801-2-_resize_resize.jpg   Blue Bonnet Drive on Saturday, April 16-108_0802-2-_resize_resize.jpg   Blue Bonnet Drive on Saturday, April 16-108_0806-2-_resize_resize.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Blue Bonnet Drive on Saturday, April 16