South Serving AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX

Austin people...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 06:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Austin people...

It would be great to get to know some of you. I got my coupe 6MT about three months ago, and am dying to meet some others. Anyone?

Old 08-29-2005, 06:53 PM
Hey Minder,

Wassup. I am a future G owner, currently driving a 240SX. You should come to the next Austin Rally to meet G owners from the Austin area. Congrats on your new G.

Old 08-30-2005, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by minder
It would be great to get to know some of you. I got my coupe 6MT about three months ago, and am dying to meet some others. Anyone?
Whats up Minder
i just got mine about a month ago and still in the break in period. Congrat on your new G. You do anything to your G yet?

Old 09-01-2005, 11:45 AM
G35driver Addict
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm picking up my G this weekend. Post here if you want to organize a meet or something.

Old 09-01-2005, 12:32 PM
alll these future and soon to be G owners and then theres me. welcome to th atx, its great here. I'm an ex G owner just traded up to an STi

Old 09-01-2005, 03:22 PM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by LivyathanZero
alll these future and soon to be G owners and then theres me. welcome to th atx, its great here. I'm an ex G owner just traded up to an STi
Liv,
Are you happy with your decision?

Old 09-02-2005, 12:17 AM
You went from a G35 to a STI, isn't that a trade down. I mean the only thing nice bout the STI is the ALL WHEEL DRIVE.

Old 09-02-2005, 02:55 PM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Liv is a BMW Master Technician... His plan is to go above 300 HP
I believe he found it easier to do that with the WRX.

Old 09-02-2005, 07:46 PM
g35ryder512, trading up or down is relative. to me it's a trade up. to most it's a trade down. yes I loved the G and still do. it's an incredible machine. but I deal with luxury cars every day of the week and most weekends. I'm willing to trade the leather, electric heated seats, nav, Sirius, and most of the other luxury features for AWD, a turbo boxer 2.5L 4 cylinder producing 300HP and 300ft-lb and a weight savings of just over 400lbs. I'm more concerned with performance applications of the car. also the tanks about half the size and I go just as far on 3/4 of a tank as I did on 3/4 of a tank in the G, as long as I stay below 3500rpms and out of high boost. at high boost, my injectors turn into faucets and fuel level is directly proportional to accelerator pedal level. they both go down together. as cato said, my plans for the G were to build a monster sleeper. the STi isn't as sleeper capable but I still plan to build my monster car, now I'll just have all the wheels pulling with an estimated 500+ AWHP. yes it's possible and it has been done. it'll also cost about half the price of the mods to the G. in time when I'm making more (maybe upwards of 75K or more) I'll get another G and make it into the monster I dreamed of, but for now the STi is a great car. it's a turbo'ed go-kart with a windshield as spill phrased it. also the rarity of the G attracted me originally but now, I see them everywhere where I live in NW Austin. some days I can count a dozen or more spottings. I've seen 1 other STi around here. a white one about a week after I got mine and oddly a mile from my home. I'm still part of the g35driver community and plan to continue as such. I'm definitely attending the Stampede 3.0 (already have turk's permission) and right now have a new set of g35driver South Region badges on order. I'm putting them on the STi to show some love for the G. not really putting any STi club stickers except a set of Rally Piggy stickers in the rear windows next to the G stickers and a TrunkMonkey Inside sticker in the rear window above the little AWD sticker. I'll keep the exterior stock so no one knows what's lurking inside the shell of the little sedan with the huge wing that serves no purpose other than to vibrate a bit at highway speeds. the hood scoop, during the building process, I'm replacing the TMIC with a FMIC so I'll remove the hood and install a CF one without the hood scoop. then it's just replace the trunk lid and it's a sleeper. how's my plan so far?

Old 09-02-2005, 11:40 PM
g35ryder512, trading up or down is relative. to me it's a trade up. to most it's a trade down. yes I loved the G and still do. it's an incredible machine. but I deal with luxury cars every day of the week and most weekends. I'm willing to trade the leather, electric heated seats, nav, Sirius, and most of the other luxury features for AWD, a turbo boxer 2.5L 4 cylinder producing 300HP and 300ft-lb and a weight savings of just over 400lbs. I'm more concerned with performance applications of the car. also the tanks about half the size and I go just as far on 3/4 of a tank as I did on 3/4 of a tank in the G, as long as I stay below 3500rpms and out of high boost. at high boost, my injectors turn into faucets and fuel level is directly proportional to accelerator pedal level. they both go down together. as cato said, my plans for the G were to build a monster sleeper. the STi isn't as sleeper capable but I still plan to build my monster car, now I'll just have all the wheels pulling with an estimated 500+ AWHP. yes it's possible and it has been done. it'll also cost about half the price of the mods to the G. in time when I'm making more (maybe upwards of 75K or more) I'll get another G and make it into the monster I dreamed of, but for now the STi is a great car. it's a turbo'ed go-kart with a windshield as spill phrased it. also the rarity of the G attracted me originally but now, I see them everywhere where I live in NW Austin. some days I can count a dozen or more spottings. I've seen 1 other STi around here. a white one about a week after I got mine and oddly a mile from my home. I'm still part of the g35driver community and plan to continue as such. I'm definitely attending the Stampede 3.0 (already have turk's permission) and right now have a new set of g35driver South Region badges on order. I'm putting them on the STi to show some love for the G. not really putting any STi club stickers except a set of Rally Piggy stickers in the rear windows next to the G stickers and a TrunkMonkey Inside sticker in the rear window above the little AWD sticker. I'll keep the exterior stock so no one knows what's lurking inside the shell of the little sedan with the huge wing that serves no purpose other than to vibrate a bit at highway speeds. the hood scoop, during the building process, I'm replacing the TMIC with a FMIC so I'll remove the hood and install a CF one without the hood scoop. then it's just replace the trunk lid and it's a sleeper. how's my plan so far?
Kool man, I been there before with the whole speed demon sleeper before. I use to have a turbocharged 6speed IS300 and it was a sleeper. I had so much fun with it until i got tired of spending 400-500 in gas each month. i was gettin 8 miles / gallon. I cant imagine if it cost that much in gas 2 yrs ago how much more would it cost if i would have kept it. Since you have this sick plan for your STI you should check out those guys from MZM. They have built a hand full of STI that reach over 400rwhp. you can check out their customer car here
http://www.mzmperformance.com/
My previous turbo IS300 is on there too, its the blue 1.

Old 09-03-2005, 11:46 AM
thanx, yea I've already found them on the forums and checked out their stuff. they do great work and are highly recommended by everyone. they also have the only all wheel dyno around. they're the only tuners for ECUtek also which is similar to the TS reflash for the G. they're big on pushing APS stuff though which I don't plan to use. using turbo kit and FMIC from Kingpin performance.

Old 09-03-2005, 05:36 PM
I was just tryin to see if anyone was around in Austin....not argue about an Sti....Sheesh.

Old 09-03-2005, 08:39 PM
haha, yea we're around minder. we weren't arguing. just comparing ideas and stories. the only general arguments star with myself and turk but that's just for fun....and some people don't appreciate the qualities of the clubg35 slackers. haha but it's all good, welcome to the atx

Old 09-07-2005, 10:40 PM
So...when you guys wanna get together. Maybe some Dave and Busters or something sometime. Drinks are on me!

Old 09-07-2005, 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by minder
So...when you guys wanna get together. Maybe some Dave and Busters or something sometime. Drinks are on me!
Thats use to be where i meet up with the IS300 crew. Are you from up North? I'll take some free drinks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Austin people...