SouthEast Serving AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, TN

Carjacking in Jax?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2003, 11:39 AM
Deep Sea Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Carjacking in Jax?

Anybody else hear about a G35 getting jacked this weekend? I was told he got followed home from Tinsletown and was jumped when he arrived home.

Russ

Black w/willow, 6MT Coupe, nav, aero, V1, PS2, & TVs all up in the headrests.
Jax, FL

Old 11-03-2003, 01:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Carjacking in Jax?

did not hear about this, but thats not good.

I got the dark tint, lock the doors when i'm driving and keep a gun in GC.... specifically because of things like this. Ya just can't be too careful these days.

03 6MT coupe, red/willow, premium, aero, splash guards, alum pedals, clear corners, 15% tint

Old 11-03-2003, 02:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is an article in today's paper on two carjackings. They said that in both instances, the victims were in the Southside businesses and were followed home then carjacked. The first one was an Infiniti (didn't say the model) which was recovered in Mandarin and the second one was a Toyota Camry. My advise is, be aware of who is following you!!!

Rey

SKYLINE 350GT, NISMO R-Tune.

Old 11-03-2003, 02:41 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club

Scary. One thing I miss about my SLK is the Tele-aid system, similar to Onstar. There was a hidden, but fairly accessible, button you could push if you were ever carjacked. It would send a signal to the tele-aid people who would notify the cops and give them the car's location.

I'm glad you mentioned this because I probably need to be more careful about locking my doors when I'm driving.

Lasar Red/Willow 2003 5AT Coupe

Old 11-03-2003, 05:40 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

carjackings are no fun
some people just have no respect for other people and their cars

just thought i would let you guys know that there is goin to be a meet in orlando on the 15th at 1pm. i think we are goin to start at the hooters by ucf and then take a ride and end up at a park. there is goin to be a photographer there as well soo im told dont know if thats a garuntee yet or not......hopefully some of you guys can make the trip down

also im goin to be back up there this weekend from tampa because hunting season starts on the 8th maybe we a can get another meet goin....i know i want to see those headrests in action. but i would not be able to meet uptill like 9 ro so but if its anything like last time im sure that wouldnt be a problem. if not maybe next time ill get to see them.

Daniel

5AT Coupe / DP / Willow / Aero / Premium / 3M Clear Bra

Old 11-03-2003, 06:18 PM
Deep Sea Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I usually keep an eye on the headlights behind me. For cops and for followers. I usually do about 15 over the speed limit so if they're keeping up they're one of the two. I'm especially watchful when I get closer to home. If there's ever a doubt I do an extra lap or go an extra block.

That "panic" button sounds pretty cool.

Russ

Black w/willow, 6MT Coupe, nav, aero, V1, PS2, & TVs all up in the headrests.
Jax, FL

Old 11-03-2003, 09:24 PM

yeah my wife just told me about it! she is pretty scared because she works at merril lynch on southside! she said that she is watching out for people to be following her. I told her to be careful and make sure i am home before she stops just in case . i would love to beat down some punk for that kind of crap that is just so pathetic.

"everything looks bad when you remember it"