SouthEast Serving AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, TN

TMS dyno day in Central Florida is on!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 11:48 AM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: TMS dyno day in Central Florida is on!

In theory yes, but an engine sucks air in on its on, when putting in the CAI, you allow the engine to suck up more air. As you depress the throttle, the engine sucks in surrounding air. Hence why different weather conditions can alter your dyno readings. So basically, the intake will perform the same procedure either stationary or moving beacuse it gets air by sucking not through passing through. I hope that made sense?

IP / 6MT / Xenons Everywhere / Mirror Tint / Injen CAI / Injen Exhaust / Tanabe Springs / Ground Wires / Apex'i S-AFC II / Some things you don't know about yet!

Old 05-06-2004, 12:19 PM

When you are driving, the air passing through the intake tends to be much cooler than stationary hot engine air. This is why the explaination above includes about a 5 minute cool down time between runs. I'd imagine you would open your hood and let the engine cool off, close the hood and do a second pull. I wonder if TMS uses a fan when doing the dyno? Do you know Pearl?

300bhp??? We'll see... 5-22-2004

Old 05-06-2004, 01:23 PM
FGC Central Florida BOD

Yes that was my thinking....i know they all suck in air but the CAIs use cold air while the popcharger uses the flowing air, hince not moving would have it sucking the hot air hovering around the engine...a fan would help solve the problem if they use one.

'03 G35 Coupe | Black on Black | Performance
20% tint | Clear Corners | Ztube & Popcharger
http://www.cardomain.com/id/dabomb3

Old 05-06-2004, 01:50 PM

They use a fan, but not for the intake and you must have your hood open during the pull. The fan is instead used to cool the radiator so the car does not overheat, givin some air does go through the intake, it is not meant for that. The hood is open becuase they have to take out a coil in order get readings on their computer and to watch if things go wrong.

IP / 6MT / Xenons Everywhere / Mirror Tint / Injen CAI / Injen Exhaust / Tanabe Springs / Ground Wires / Apex'i S-AFC II / Some things you don't know about yet!

Old 05-06-2004, 05:02 PM

Sorry guys, I have to dump this day out of my schedule as well. I was asked to show my stereo at a consumer show in Tavares that weekend. Dam sponsers! If I don't end up going, then I will definately be there, but as of know I have to cancel. Thanks and sorry to be backing out of everything lately.

Old 05-06-2004, 07:10 PM

No biggie Pearl, we're getting used to it by now. [img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Old 05-07-2004, 10:58 AM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

1. Neffster, (Todd) - 3 runs with wide band
2. SFLG35, (Daniel) - 3 with wide band
3. DED, (Dennis) - two runs (no wide band)
4. PimpinPearl, (JOsh) - two runs (no wide band)
5. Demonteverde, (ian) - two runs with wide band
6. Omi - 3 runs with wide band
7. Tim - # OF RUNS? WIDEBAND? (vortec 350z)
8. ZUL8R - 3 runs w/ wideband
9. 350_Z - 2 runs (no wide band)
10. Noahbuddy - 3 runs with wideband
11. ThoughtZ - 3 runs with wideband... (greddy TT)
12. maximumsportZ - 2 runs (no wide band)
13. SupraFastTT - 2 runs (no wide band)
14. Z32Fairlady - 2 runs wideband?
15. NikNala - 2 runs with wide band
16. dave - "sharfin"

just talked to sharkfin. those of you who were at the last orlando meet should know who im talkin bout. i think rich was thinkin bout comin as well. maybe we could have the procharger and vortech shootout on the way over to orlando. aka death on i4 here i come. alright tampa people lets start gettin a time set to go over to orlando.

neff: what time does tms open? when should we get there?

Daniel

5ATC / DP / Willow / Premium / Aero / Clear Bra / 5% Tint - 30% Windshield / Ground Kit / Clear Corners / Shock Sensor / L.E.D. Hood Lights / Z - Tube / OEM Remote Window Up / VDC Memory<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by SFLG35 on 05/07/04 08:00 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 05-07-2004, 04:57 PM

I'm in Tampa so I'm up for a group drive. Not too early hopefully lol.

Old 05-08-2004, 12:54 AM
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

4. PimpinPearl, (JOsh) - two runs (no wide band)
5. Demonteverde, (ian) - two runs with wide band
6. Omi - 3 runs with wide band
7. Tim - # OF RUNS? WIDEBAND? (vortec 350z)
8. ZUL8R - 3 runs w/ wideband
9. 350_Z - 2 runs (no wide band)
10. Noahbuddy - 3 runs with wideband
11. ThoughtZ - 3 runs with wideband... (greddy TT)
12. maximumsportZ - 2 runs (no wide band)
13. SupraFastTT - 2 runs (no wide band)
14. Z32Fairlady - 2 runs wideband?
15. NikNala - 2 runs with wide band
16. dave - "sharfin"
17. Mek - 2 runs with wideband

Ok, count me in. I will do the 2 runs with the a/f ratio (is that wideband?).

I have no clue where this place is so post a link to a map or something.

Also, those in Tampa, lets meet up for breakfast on the road at one of those breakfast places at an Interstate exit. Someone familiar with the route pick an exit # and restaurant.

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by Mekanik on 05/07/04 09:56 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 05-08-2004, 07:15 AM

Daniel, TMS opens up on Saturday Morning at 9am. Since I would like to be the first one on the dyno I plan on getting there at 8:30 to let my car cool down some. Since I'm going to be recording all of the data, I figured it would be easier for me to run first (the only perk for setting this event up) and then record all the data on everyone elses cars, runs, mods, etc...

For those of you who need directions... in one of the original posts I linked TMS's website. Go there, get their address and copy/paste it into Map Quest. It shouldn't be too difficult.

For the Orlando people, I'd like everyone running early in the morning to PLEASE be at TMS by 9am. There are close to 20 people going to dyno that day, it would be nice not to have any down time.

For the Tampa people (and possibly Jax people)... If the Orlando people do their part and show up around 9am, I don't see why you guys couldn't shoot for 10-11am. Please don't show up too late, since I'm not sure exactly where everyone is from and don't want to keep the people at TMS waiting around.

Look forward to seeing/meeting everyone at the shop!

Old 05-08-2004, 11:28 AM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

aight. i will be there at 1030. tampa people i say we meet up at the wendys on exit 10 off i4 like normal and we leave there by 9 that way we will have enough time to get there by 1030. id imagine there will be disney traffic like normal. to get to the wendy take i4 east and it is the exit right after you go under 75. go right when you get off and it will be on your right.

someone mentioned something bout breakfast. id be down for that. it would just have to be a little earlier so we could get to the wendys by like 845 so we could leave by 9. where would you want to go to eat at? let me know.

how do those times sound to everyone else? i looked up the directions and it said it would take an hour and a half from my house i live pretty close to 75 and i4 in temple terrace. so with traffic i say it will take us an hour and a half from the wendy as well.

on another note, are all the FI cars coming from tampa? a greddy twin, vortech and procharger? i have a feeling that this is goin to be the best drive over to orlando yet. death here i come.

Daniel

5ATC / DP / Willow / Premium / Aero / Clear Bra / 5% Tint - 30% Windshield / Ground Kit / Clear Corners / Shock Sensor / L.E.D. Hood Lights / Z - Tube / OEM Remote Window Up / VDC Memory

Old 05-08-2004, 01:45 PM

Just to finish my statements from above... Our cars need to be heated up in order to get an accurate reading. Sometimes you must drive to car around the block a few times to get it warmed up or the engine won't put out correct numbers. SO getting there early may make you have to wait longer. Also, that is why it takes 2-3 times before a dyno pull gets accurate. It is watiing for the engine to get warm.

Old 05-08-2004, 02:25 PM
Omi
Charter Monkey Florida G35 club

count me in.
Rich, give me a call as well when ya can. Still have that can if you need it.

Old 05-08-2004, 02:37 PM

-Pearl, Then why do they recommend waiting 5 minutes between runs? It seems like you'd want to do your runs back to back if that was the case? Also, why do guys ice down their engines and intakes at the track? I'm new to all of this, so please edjumicate me.

Old 05-08-2004, 03:19 PM

Updated list (removed PimpinPearl). I'm also glad to see Mek join in. This is setting up to be a fantastic turnout. Thanks to everyone for committing your time and money. I can't wait to meet everyone!!!

4. Demonteverde, (ian) - two runs with wide band
5. Omi - 3 runs with wide band
6. Tim - <font color=blue># OF RUNS? WIDEBAND?</font color=blue> (vortec 350z)
7. ZUL8R - 3 runs w/ wideband
8. 350_Z - 2 runs (no wide band)
9. Noahbuddy - 3 runs with wideband
10. ThoughtZ - 3 runs with wideband... (greddy TT)
11. maximumsportZ - 2 runs (no wide band)
12. SupraFastTT - 2 runs (no wide band)
13. Z32Fairlady - 2 runs <font color=blue>WIDEBAND? </font color=blue>
14. NikNala - 2 runs with wide band
15. dave - "sharfin" <font color=blue># OF RUNS? WIDEBAND?</font color=blue>
16. Mek - 2 runs with wideband

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TMS dyno day in Central Florida is on!