SouthEast Serving AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, TN

Dealer service dep't f'd up my G :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 10:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer service dep't f'd up my G :(

So I take my car to Infiniti of Coconut Creek tonight for a routine oil change and one of the service managers comes back to tell me later, (something like...) "I have good news and bad news. Good news: the oil is changed; bad news: when backing the car out of the garage I accidentally hit another car." I went outside and saw a big caved-in dent on my right-rear bumper. Fortunately, it looks like all the damage was contained in the bumper and he immediately offered a new loaner car (G35 sedan w/ 100 miles on the clock) until they get it fixed. They're going to over-night a new bumper and have it put on Saturday. I might have to wait 'til Monday to pick it up though. I told him he better have it ready by then, 'cuz I have an important (vacation) road trip I'm leaving for on Wednesday and there's no way in h*ll I'm showing up to my high school reunion in a damaged G! Fortunately for him, I was in a decent mood and didn't chew him out, since I've mostly positive experiences there up to that point... I swear, I've had so much bad luck with this car since I got it; I just hope the bad luck doesn't get worse than this. *sigh*

2004 6MT (Silver/Willow), premium & aero packages

My old ride (I still miss her; put a lot of pride and joy into it): http://www.n-body.net/registry/john95ga/

Old 07-29-2004, 12:20 AM
FGC Central Florida BOD
Re: Dealer service dep't f'd up my G :(

that sucks man, im heading to orlando infiniti tomorrow for new brake pads and hopefully mine goes smoother...but i know what you mean...some cars are just unlucky and some arent...fortunatly for me my G isnt one of my unlucky ones (knocking on wood)

'03 G35 Coupe | Black on Black | Performance
20% tint | Clear Corners | Ztube & Popcharger
http://www.cardomain.com/id/dabomb3

Old 07-29-2004, 06:56 AM

Ask them for $2000 (or more) in free service coupons (like free 15,000, 30,000, 45,000 mile maintainance, etc) to make up for the hit you'll receive at the time of resale. I promise you that same dealership will give you a load of s- when you try to go trade your car in for another Infiniti. "well you know this vehicle has been in an accident, has been repainted, yada yada yada"...

<font color=blue>The above statements are only my take on the issue. If you disagree with anything I typed then you are 100% right!</font color=blue>

Old 07-29-2004, 05:37 PM
DED

And you better hope the silver paint matches...
It may now, but it might not 5 years from now.

2004 G35C 6MT Black. Killer.

Old 07-29-2004, 10:58 PM

Well, it's a lease, so do you think it will matter?

My old ride (I still miss her; put a lot of pride and joy into it): http://www.n-body.net/registry/john95ga/

Old 07-30-2004, 07:07 AM

Even worse. They can nail you with additional lease charges. Read the fine print on your contract. I'm sure it mentions something about normal vs. unusual wear and tear. Bumper to bumper intercourse is not something that is "normal" and "customary" wear and tear.

Make sure to get something in writing from the dealership. Think this through, maybe even pay a lawyer for 30 minutes of their time for some advice. It may cost you $100 now, but it could definitely cost you more later on.

<font color=blue>The above statements are only my take on the issue. If you disagree with anything I typed then you are 100% right!</font color=blue>

Old 08-01-2004, 03:26 AM

Well, I got her back today. 'Looks even better than it did before the whole mess happened. I got the service manager to type on the receipt that the damage was caused by them (not me) and he signed it. I'm so relieved to have my baby back; I was worried they might not get it done in time, but they got it done quicker than they promised!