SouthEast Serving AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, TN

Good paint/body shop in Charlotte?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 08:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good paint/body shop in Charlotte?

So, long story short, an idiot in my parking garage decided to fly around a blind corner and I swerved/cut the corner very close to avoid getting hit head on by him, and in turn clipped a parking support structure. Actually, I guess it was just a short story.

But anyway, I'm going to need to have my right rear fender painted and maybe pushed back out a little bit... I have a lot of mechanical experience but absolutely none with body and paint work. Anyone have any places in Charlotte they particularly trust or would recommend? Thanks.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:08 PM
Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts
Yeah I was wondering the same thing, any Charlotte area body shop they had used and would recommend? The only one ive ever used(other car thank god) was Wilburn and it was their insurance that covered it. I was just curios because of this ridiculous sale.
https://g35driver.com/forums/exterio...uper-sale.html
TIA

Old 04-29-2010, 12:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah I ended up taking it to Wilburn. No complaints.

Old 05-11-2010, 04:13 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Can't say enough good things about Import Paint and Body on Independence.
http://www.importpaintandbody.com/

I re-styled my front bumper on a Jeep's bike hitch and ended up needing to replace the bumper cover, shock foam, reinforcement beam, and grill. Decided on buying a poly Nismo bumper (from Kris by the way) for my troubles so at least I'd have an improvement to show for all of my spent $$$.

The owner does a lot of the initial consults and said they could do non-OEM work but that fitment obviously isn't guaranteed. So they sanded, primed, painted and installed everything for an absurdly low price ($500 less than another shop who then backed out and said they wouldn't even do a non-OEM bumper) and everything looks amazing. I've been back once when a highway rock took out some of my mesh and they re-did that for $90. Had some new fitment issues when they put the bumper back on but they gladly took it back in and readjusted it in 10 minutes to look great again. You'll see that their waiting room walls are covered with handwritten letters from customers from over the years, so they have a very good history. I'll never go anywhere else for bodywork in NC.