SouthEast Serving AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, TN

Everyone in CFL give a Status...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 08:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everyone in CFL give a Status...

Everyone,

Please post telling how you're doing in the storm. I know DED is in Colombia and PLATG is running away like a girl [img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]. Is everyone else ok? Houses, apartments still standing?

<font color=blue>The above statements are only my take on the issue. If you disagree with anything I typed then you are 100% right!</font color=blue>

Old 09-05-2004, 08:41 AM
DED
Re: Everyone in CFL give a Status...

I'm here. Only good line of communication. Phones suck.

Hope at least one of you keeps power.

My wife and kid went to DeLand to stay with her mother.

Bars stay open late here............................

2004 G35C 6MT Black. Killer.

Old 09-05-2004, 12:18 PM
cKy

We'll im in SFL but it's raining and have alot of wind...... Glad to hear you guys are ok.

Old 09-05-2004, 12:54 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Was staying at my apartment on goldenrod until the roof decided to give way to the winds and leak water. It's probably as wet as a swamp now. I'm now staying at my friend's place in Avalon Park on south alafaya and I just made it in time last night before the curfew was enforced at 9 o'clock. It was pretty scary driving on the road last night. I thought the stop signs and speed limit signs were going to fly off and hit my car and i'm not going to even mention how many branches I had to dodge on my way there. So don't even try driving your G until this storm is past us and finished or you'll be asking for it...Be safe everybody

2k4 - 6 mt, diamond graphite coupe

Old 09-05-2004, 01:16 PM
FGC Central Florida BOD

I was about to start this exact same thread...great minds think alike, huh Todd?

Anyways, so far so good with me. And Ian, your (or anyone)100% welcome here if you need to retreat again!!!!

'03 G35 Coupe | Black on Black | Performance
20% tint | Clear Corners | Ztube & Popcharger
http://www.cardomain.com/id/dabomb3

Old 09-05-2004, 02:59 PM

Well my roof has water leaking through it in several spots. Water stains on the sheet rock and it's not looking too good. I'm heading out to investigate the source of the water. Might even head up into the attic, but that means backing out the G.

This SUCKS!!!

<font color=blue>The above statements are only my take on the issue. If you disagree with anything I typed then you are 100% right!</font color=blue>

Old 09-05-2004, 03:03 PM
FGC Central Florida BOD

wow..sorry to hear that....i thought Orlando got lucky...apparently it was just me...be safe and hope everyone else was as lucky as me

'03 G35 Coupe | Black on Black | Performance
20% tint | Clear Corners | Ztube & Popcharger
http://www.cardomain.com/id/dabomb3

Old 09-05-2004, 04:37 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club

i'm good....been really bored so i went out in the SUV for a little while took some pics then ate some more food....still have power. G is safe and doing well and staying dry in my uncle's garage down the street. NO worries here, just bored, very bored...I would also not recommend driving the Gs until they sweep the roads, I almost got a flat tire riding my bike...

If you would like to contribute to my "FI Fund" please make PAYPAL payment to "yakko1zzz@aol.com"... Thanks

Old 09-05-2004, 05:15 PM

Update: The roof leaks were not too bad. I crawled around the attic and realized that the roof was not compromised. The water was apparently running UP the roof with the winds. The shingles near the attic ridge vents were lifting up and H2O was running under them. Long story short, wet insulation, wet trusses and, you guessed it, wet spots on my ceiling.

The engineer in me decided to grab a staple gun, cut open garbage bags and staple the bags to the trusses (forming a bowl beneath the ridge vents) to catch any more water that comes in. Surprisingly, there was a very small amount of water, and I bet the worst part is now over.

Insurance company got a nasty call from me about not coming out since Charlie (for the 10,074,787 time) and said that the adjustor would be out within 3 days.

Hope everyone else is OK... What a way to spend a holiday.

Oh yeah, not to try to out do captain obvious (if you are 16 now, 5 years ago you'd be 11 [img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]), but I still have power!

Old 09-05-2004, 05:33 PM

Hey guys, I'm in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic having a great time! Got engaged this weekend while here in paradise. I've been watching the storm on TV, looks very bad. I'm coming home tomorrow, maybe if the flights are not cancelled. Hope everyone is well...

BTW, My G's at the airport in a garage, so hopefully there's not a suburban or a tercel on top of it.

Old 09-05-2004, 07:42 PM

Well im glad to hear everyone is ok so far. We got lucky down here in Miami. Had some strong wind and a lil rain nothing to serious. The G was in a storage garage so its safe. Hope all is well! Look out for Ivan next!

-------
Mike
'04 6Mt Diamond Graphite Coupe
Prem. / Aero / 18" Sport wheels / Trunk Mat / Alum. Pedals / 10% Tints / V1 /OEM Remote Window up mod

Old 09-05-2004, 07:42 PM
DED

Can you let me know the status of MIA when you find out?
My car is in the airport garage also (at MCO).

Did you get engaged to someone in the states????!!

I have a flight scheduled for Tuesday, but we won't be done here yet anyway.

2004 G35C 6MT Black. Killer.

Old 09-05-2004, 08:48 PM

As of right now MIA is open. Im actually going there tomorrow to pickup my girl. Ill let you know.

-------
Mike
'04 6Mt Diamond Graphite Coupe
Prem. / Aero / 18" Sport wheels / Trunk Mat / Alum. Pedals / 10% Tints / V1 /OEM Remote Window up mod

Old 09-06-2004, 03:53 AM

2nd hurricane, second hole in the roof. I went outside when I woke up Sunday morning to take a look around. As I headed back up the driveway I heard a snap and a creak. I look up to see an oak tree slowly (thank God) fall onto my roof. Amazing I actually saw it, eh?

Leaking into the hallway through the hall lamp. Lovely.

"It could be worse". Repeat 100 times.

Well, since hurricane deductibles are 2% of the home value and FEMA doesn't help unless you file for insurance, I guess I'm eating this one too. (see my FA post)

So what is Ivan going to rip down next?

G meet at my house! Clean-up party! Lots o' fun! Bring your chain saws!

;p

Old 09-06-2004, 06:21 AM

Tower,

It's too late now, but you don't HAVE to have a 2% Homeowners insurance deductible on hurricanes. I have a $500 deductible for hurricanes. It costs an extra $40-$50/year (at least it did before these 2 storms hit). It is just like car insurance. You don't have to have a $1000 deductible on comprehensive and collision, you can have a $500, $250 or even a $100 deductible. The lower the deductible, the more your pay. I figure my home is worth ~$250,000. Take the 2% = $5000. Now figure an extra $50 per month for the $500 deductible (and don't appreciate the value of the house)... ($5000-$500 = $4500, and $4500/$50 per year = 90 years). If I have one hurricane related event in 90 years I'll break even. Now appreciate the house value and I'll always be ahead if I pay the extra $50/year (assuming I have any damage related to a hurricane).

Also, if you change your deductible today, it takes 30 days for the new coverage amounts to take place. Might be worth a shot since the peak of hurricane season isn't until Sept. 10th.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Everyone in CFL give a Status...