SouthEast Serving AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, TN

Possibly heading to ATL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 09:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Possibly heading to ATL

Hey guys, I may be coming to ATL / Marietta area soon, I'm getting a job with Lockheed-Martin. I'll be new in town with no friends was wondering if anyone would be free to show me around some time? Its not confirmed that I will be there, due to waiting on background checks and all this.

I basically need to be in the Marietta area, want to be close to work. Going to need an apartment with a garage. Are there areas to avoid? Best places to eat? ETC ETC...

Old 06-14-2010, 03:22 AM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
Originally Posted by drtran
Hey guys, I may be coming to ATL / Marietta area soon, I'm getting a job with Lockheed-Martin. I'll be new in town with no friends was wondering if anyone would be free to show me around some time? Its not confirmed that I will be there, due to waiting on background checks and all this.

I basically need to be in the Marietta area, want to be close to work. Going to need an apartment with a garage. Are there areas to avoid? Best places to eat? ETC ETC...
Well... that would depend somewhat on your race

Old 06-14-2010, 03:56 AM

They seem to be hiring a lot lately. In fact my g/f's aunt just got a job there. But, you should come to Kennesaw georgia on Friday nights there is a starbucks on barrett parkway where a lot of g35's and 350z's go. But, if anything stay away from Smryna, GA that place is getting rougher and rougher...Have fun dealing with cobb county cops to

Old 06-14-2010, 02:54 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sandy Springs / Perimeter is a good area, not too far (20 -30min commute) but pricey. Lived in Kennesaw for a year, one of the safer areas ( Its the law to own a gun!), has some hillbillie areas tho. I agree with the Smyrna / Cumberland area, alot of crime lately. Stay away from 575 if you can, traffic is terrible during the week. Just remember, do the speed limit on 75 in Cobb, ticket city. Hope this helps.

Old 06-14-2010, 03:13 PM
I live in Downtown Atlanta. Your best bet traffic is to live south of Marietta closer to Smyrna/Vinings/Atlanta. You would be going against traffic in both the morning and afternoon.

Cobb county isn't bad, and quite frankly is one of the better (if not the best) county's to live in crime and tax wise.

Barrett Parkway in Kennesaw is cool on the weekend, but I always avoid it as the most the people there have curfews and live with their parents. ImportAtlanta.com host a lot of car meets, but you'll run into the same thing.

You'll make friends fast and there is a ton to do. Hit me up if you make it here and we go and grab a few brews.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by DG35coupe
They seem to be hiring a lot lately. In fact my g/f's aunt just got a job there. But, you should come to Kennesaw georgia on Friday nights there is a starbucks on barrett parkway where a lot of g35's and 350z's go. But, if anything stay away from Smryna, GA that place is getting rougher and rougher...Have fun dealing with cobb county cops to
Yeah they are ramping up for the C130 project, and eventually the F35 project from what they were telling me. Just what i was looking for Starbucks! I will look forward to it!

Originally Posted by welery
I live in Downtown Atlanta. Your best bet traffic is to live south of Marietta closer to Smyrna/Vinings/Atlanta. You would be going against traffic in both the morning and afternoon.

Cobb county isn't bad, and quite frankly is one of the better (if not the best) county's to live in crime and tax wise.

Barrett Parkway in Kennesaw is cool on the weekend, but I always avoid it as the most the people there have curfews and live with their parents. ImportAtlanta.com host a lot of car meets, but you'll run into the same thing.

You'll make friends fast and there is a ton to do. Hit me up if you make it here and we go and grab a few brews.
Awesome, thanks for the advice, I will definitely hit you up when I arrive. I will PM you when things get closer to finalizing.

Again I appreciate all the help from everyone, any more suggestions will be awesome. BTW I am Vietnamese, I will be looking for the best Pho spots in the city!

Old 06-14-2010, 10:21 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
...BTW I am Vietnamese, I will be looking for the best Pho spots in the city!
^Let me know when you find them!

That's a recent addiction of mine

Old 06-14-2010, 11:04 PM

Again I appreciate all the help from everyone, any more suggestions will be awesome. BTW I am Vietnamese, I will be looking for the best Pho spots in the city!
Gotcha covered. I have af ew Vietnamese friends.

Old 06-17-2010, 12:41 PM
[B]

I'm half Chinese/Viet. Burford Hwy will be your best spots for Azn foods. Thats consider "Chinatown" if you wanna call it that. Pho Dai Lo is the pho place I always hit up, best in town I think.

Also hit up www.mygfrenzy.com....alot of the members on there are more ATL base or at least SouthEast area. Let me know mang, we'll go grab some pho if you want.

Old 06-19-2010, 12:48 AM
Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by AccordinlySlo
I'm half Chinese/Viet. Burford Hwy will be your best spots for Azn foods. Thats consider "Chinatown" if you wanna call it that. Pho Dai Lo is the pho place I always hit up, best in town I think.

Also hit up www.mygfrenzy.com....alot of the members on there are more ATL base or at least SouthEast area. Let me know mang, we'll go grab some pho if you want.
Pho Bac is pretty good too . But the one down Buford next to the Farmers Markets is probably the best one.

Old 06-24-2010, 05:50 PM
You prior service?

Yeah I don't know much about the Marietta area since I never really venture up there except for work.

But if you wanna know where to go for night life type stuff. Holler Baller.

Old 09-30-2010, 06:16 AM
Finally made it in to Marietta a few months ago, getting mostly settled in. Would like to meet up with people and hang out soon.

Old 09-30-2010, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by apexi957
Pho Bac is pretty good too . But the one down Buford next to the Farmers Markets is probably the best one.
Must be, Im black and I know about that place! lol

Old 09-30-2010, 10:40 AM
Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts
Ay Drtran hit me up!

Old 09-30-2010, 11:11 AM
Finally made it in to Marietta a few months ago, getting mostly settled in. Would like to meet up with people and hang out soon.
Every friday night im usually in Kennesaw at starbucks. Lemme know if ya ever wanna come up.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Possibly heading to ATL