SouthEast Serving AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, TN

Raleigh/Triangle Area Meet Up???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 11:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Raleigh/Triangle Area Meet Up???

Just wondering if there was any kind of meet ups going on in the area or if anyone was interested in trying to get one together!?!? My buddy and I both drive G's ('03 & 04'), and just like to meet others and get ideas.

Old 12-15-2010, 11:06 PM
Hey i live up in Wake Forest... ~30 minutes north of Raleigh but i went to NCSU so i know it pretty well. I think they've had a meet at matson motorsports out here and maybe at triangle town center but i missed them. xXHotelCrazyXx on here has an amazing G, haven't met up with him yet but i think he goes to cars and coffee... i'm going to try and hit those up soon. It's the first saturday of every month @ Brier Creek Commons Shopping Mall. Event description: The monthly event is tailored to exotic, muscle, and sports cars, however, all cars are welcome. Each 1st Saturday, approximately 100-150 cars will attend displaying Ferrari’s, Lamborghini’s, Porsche, Ford GT’s, Aston Martin, Lotus, Cobra’s, etc.

But hey i'm interested i just keep forgetting about it! find me on facebook. http://www.facebook.com/myke.chambers

Old 12-29-2010, 09:49 AM
New member also new to NC from NY...hopefully we can start to build the area up some more...give this area some new G life

Old 01-04-2011, 02:18 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
damn just missed the coffee cars thing. will def try to make february!

random question and not trying to thread jack but where do you guys get work done on your rides? trying to go to a good shop to get some work done.

Old 01-04-2011, 03:20 PM
all the work was done to my ride before i bought it...but the previous owner worked at englewood infiniti in new jersey...so all the props has to go to them and their work. on the other hand..i'll be changing some things up and will also be looking for a place..body work , paint, maybe some FI..if you find any place ..share and i'll do the same...

Old 01-06-2011, 06:12 PM
shops

All my mods have been easy enough for me to handle with a buddy so i haven't personally had any work done at these shops i've just heard of them, they're around the Raleigh area:

Wakefield ATV (http://www.wakefieldatv.com/) is off capital blvd US1 they have a decent sized store there with some merc and then a 5 garage door shop connected.

Phantasm Motorsports (http://www.phantasmusa.com/) also off capital blvd near downtown right before you get to the peace street exit. They do have a dyno.

Old 01-08-2011, 09:30 AM
I heard phantasm is a rivers spot so I'm hesitant there. ATV guys seem nice tho one of them seems to try and push you to a product you don't want. they do good work on the mustangs and cameras I've seen tho seem steep. Quoted me 200 to mount and balance 4 wheels/tires.

am getting fenders rolled at performance chassis in Cary for 50 per corner... seems like a decent price?

Old 01-10-2011, 10:23 PM
50 a fender is real good....!!!!

Old 01-24-2011, 03:00 PM
fender roll fail to a point. cracked the paint in edge of one. mark seemed chill so well see if he honors the fix when I call him this week. if he does he may earn my business going forward if not...

Old 01-26-2011, 05:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
+1 on trying to make it to the next car and coffee. What part of Brier Creek is it in ???

Old 01-26-2011, 06:22 PM
any one looking for some wheel spacers i got 4 there 10mm by ichiba...

Old 01-26-2011, 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by Maxypad
+1 on trying to make it to the next car and coffee. What part of Brier Creek is it in ???
not sure but i was playing on google maybe this will help

Old 01-27-2011, 06:33 PM
Yea def gotta show up to one of these sometime. Some of its cool a lot of its just stock tho which while nice is kinda just ok. I'm not one to talk but I'm also not lifting the hood on a stock 1999 mustang either like its some badass.

Prob some chill poeople there tho.

Oh and I saw on the way home today a LR G35 with vossen CV1's headed off of Wade onto blue ridge. Holla if it was you ride looked nice.

Old 01-31-2011, 10:32 AM
wondering how the the fender rolling worked out? I'm discreetly letting you the the guinea pig before i follow your foot steps..lol j/k anyone know a place that will install body kits...tryin to get a place before i buy anything...dont want to go over budget..but the money i got is burning a hole in my pocket

Old 01-31-2011, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by ZeRo KewL
wondering how the the fender rolling worked out? I'm discreetly letting you the the guinea pig before i follow your foot steps..lol j/k anyone know a place that will install body kits...tryin to get a place before i buy anything...dont want to go over budget..but the money i got is burning a hole in my pocket
didnt' work out that great. I wouldn't recommend them and they didn't honor the paint fix. Getting maaco to take care of it for like 125 using their microfix technique (redoing quarter pannel was like 250 iirc). Cheaper one after extended exposure to UV rays will cause a halo effect but I park in a deck 5 days a week so shouldn't be too bad on that front and I plan to repaint the car in the next 2 years anyway.

Don't use performance chassis. Nice guy and all that but the lack of backup on the work and others saying it was too pricey for what was done makes me think I got a bit ripped.

As for the body kits a lot of places will install them its just a point of how well and if they'll help you in the fitment department if its not flawless. I want to get some more info or some reviews on WakefieldATV.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Raleigh/Triangle Area Meet Up???