ZDayZ at Tail of the Dragon May 20-22, 2005

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 07:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ZDayZ at Tail of the Dragon May 20-22, 2005

2nd Annual ZDayZ at Tail of the Dragon

Friday, May 20 - Sunday, May 22, 2005

The 2005 event will again be hosted by Fontana Village Resort (www.fontanavillage.com)... just a short drive from Highway 129, the infamous Tail of the Dragon (318 turns in 11 miles!), located on the border of North Carolina and Tennessee. For more information about the area and area roads, visit www.tailofthedragon.com.

As you may have heard, ZDayZ is a regional event designed to bring Z enthusiasts together for a weekend of driving, carousing, and just plain fun! Last May, the event attracted 80+ Z cars from 14 states! Activities included group dinners, seminars, drive-arounds, a group picture at Fontana Dam, and a People's Choice Car Show. This year's event will be even bigger and better!

For all the information on the event and discounted room rates ) at Fontana Village Resort, please visit the regularly updated website dedicated to this event:

www.zdayzevents.com

MAKE PLANS TO ATTEND NOW!

Anyone who wants to show up and bask in the Z-ness is welcome, but we prefer attendees who can have fun without acting like fools.

Old 02-17-2005, 04:12 PM

February 14, 2005

Hello again!

A couple more weeks have passed and progress continues toward putting together an even better ZDayZ than last year. This week, we have some very important information for you regarding ZDayZ t-shirts, our car show, and a couple more of our sponsors.

Pre-Registration & Event T-Shirts!

First and foremost, please see the additional form concerning car show pre-registration and ZDayZ 2005 t-shirt pre-orders. It can be downloaded from the FormZ page of the ZDayZ website, www.zdayzevents.com. Pricing and payment information is included on the form. Pre-registration and pre-ordering helps us greatly with planning and saves attendees some money. Basically, if you plan to enter the car show, eat a BBQ dinner after the car show, and buy one event t-shirt, pre-registering will cost $40 for everything vs. $48 at the show… a difference of $8! There are savings on individual shirts and dinners as well.

Forms should be submitted as soon as possible. Deadline for us to receive your pre-registration information is Friday, April 15, 2005. After this date, attendees must pay the full event day pricing and we will not be able to guarantee specific t-shirt sizes (though, we will endeavor to have enough shirts to fill orders).

Any questions about pre-registration may be directed to info@zdayzevents.com

Car Show Classes

For those curious, we wanted to share our class structure for this year’s ZDayZ Car Show. Remember, the ZDayZ Car Show is a People’s Choice event. All show entrants vote for their favorite car in each class. We feel this is more fun and a little more forgiving for the entrants since most will be driving all weekend and will find it difficult to keep their Zs “car show” clean.

Our Classes for this year

• 1st Generation (70-78) Z stock
  • 1st Generation (70-78) Z modified
  • 2nd Generation (79-83) Z stock
  • 2nd Generation (79-83) Z modified
  • 3rd Generation (84-89) Z stock
  • 3rd Generation (84-89) Z modified
  • 4th Generation (90-96) Z stock
  • 4th Generation (90-96) Z modified
  • 5th Generation (03- ) Z stock
  • 5th Generation (03- ) Z modified
  • G35 stock
  • G35 modified

A large amount of interest from the G35 community prompted us to include them in the show this year. We will also have some special awards. This year we will again be handing out our Long Distance award and a Sport Z Magazine Publishers’ Choice award. In addition, we will be giving out a couple of fun, new prizes.

Featured Sponsor Club: Smoky Mountain Z Club

Smoky Mountain Z Club is one of our new club sponsors for 2005. Based out of Knoxville, TN, Tail of the Dragon (Hwy 129) is a scant 70 miles away for this crew. So, I’m sure they are quite knowledgeable of the area and will be able to help the rest of us find other fun roads when the Dragon starts to become crowded later in the day. I have not met any SMZC members in person yet, but have been assured they are a great, enthusiastic bunch and are a good addition to our event. If you’re ever in the Knoxville area, shoot club president Rick Rawe an email and I’m sure the SMZC will make you feel right at home. Contact information can be found on their website, http://www.automedic.org/smzcc/

Featured Sponsor: Concept Z Performance

One of our returning corporate sponsors from ZDayZ 2004 is Concept Z Performance. Located in Glendale, AZ, this online parts vendor carries a wide selection of performance parts for the 300ZX, 350Z, and G35. In business since 1997, Concept Z Performance kicked things off with a ’92 Scarlet Red 300ZXTT and never slowed down. In the years since, they have gained significant hands-on experience with modern Z-cars and other Nissan vehicles. Check out their website, Concept Z Performance for their latest round of specials. For more information, visit the website or call them at 623-937-6400.

Featured Sponsor: TailoftheDragon.com

Another returning sponsor, TailoftheDragon.com (aka Tail of the Dragon, LLC) is an incredible source for information about Hwy 129 and the surrounding area. Their website covers everything from the history of the Dragon to upcoming events to where to watch for speed traps. They even have their own online store providing all kinds of Tail of the Dragon merchandise. In fact, the gang over at TailoftheDragon.com are helping us put together our event t-shirts again this year. So, when you have a minute, check out their site and see what all excitement is all about… TailoftheDragon.com.

That’s all for now. Watch for our next newsletter toward the end of February.

Andy Morris
ZDayZ Organizer

info@zdayzevents.com

Old 02-20-2005, 09:24 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
i am going!!!!!

anyone else want to go with me? so the drive wont be as boring??

Old 02-20-2005, 10:20 PM
There's a guy from Tampa with a 300 that might be going, I'll see if I can get you hooked up with him.

Old 02-22-2005, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by SFLG35
i am going!!!!!

anyone else want to go with me? so the drive wont be as boring??
I can't caravan with you, but I definitely plan on going for this one. Hope to see some old friends there!

Old 02-27-2005, 12:32 AM
I may head up there. I have some fam that live nearby.

Old 03-02-2005, 10:01 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
I am SO going to be there.

I just hope my car is done in time...

Old 03-02-2005, 10:09 PM
FGC President
me too

omi i think it goin to come too. so i dont have to drive by myself.

mike hope you can make it. take those days off work now. its goin to be a lot of fun. thats for sure.

Old 03-03-2005, 01:44 PM
Has anyone (besides me) made reservations for the ZDAYZ yet. I got a cabin (Laurels) for $72/night. The place seems to be pretty nice. Hope to see alot of other forum guys there. I will be leaving out from my house in Spartanburg, SC about 7:00 am Friday morning the 20th, the ride for me will be about 3 hrs. See ya there!!

Old 03-03-2005, 06:17 PM
Banned
I've made reservations already. I have a three room something or other through Fontana. I'll be leaving by 9am on Friday for the seven hour trek.

Old 03-03-2005, 06:47 PM
FGC President
Originally Posted by KPierson
I've made reservations already. I have a three room something or other through Fontana. I'll be leaving by 9am on Friday for the seven hour trek.
quit your complaining. my trek is goin to be a **** ton longer

Old 03-03-2005, 07:51 PM
Banned
I wasn't complaining at all. I'm so freakin excited about ZdayZ it isn't funny. I would drive 14 hours to get there... Oh, and keep your mouth running and you won't have a place to sleep once you get there!!!!

Old 03-07-2005, 11:12 PM
please spread the word to everyone you know with a G. It'd be great if we could give the 350s a run for the turnout.

Old 03-08-2005, 12:13 PM
If you haven't already, make sure you book your room soon, cause they're filling up.

Old 03-15-2005, 04:56 PM

March 15, 2005

Here it comes… More exciting news about ZDayZ! There have been quite a few questions on various web forums surrounding meal arrangements. Hopefully our topics this week will help clarify things.

Dining Hall

Unless posted otherwise, all meals at Fontana Village Resort will be held in the Peppercorn Room of the main lodge. This large hall should easily accommodate our group and provide a nice atmosphere to exchange Dragon tales over dinner.

Attendees will be on their own for lunch each day. We assume most people will be driving during the day and want to pick up lunch while they are out and about. All other meals will be available at the Peppercorn Room. Though if you want to eat elsewhere… without all your Z friends… you may do so… go ahead… we won’t make fun of you.

Meals served at the Peppercorn Room will be Friday breakfast, Friday Welcome Dinner, Saturday breakfast, Saturday BBQ Dinner, and Sunday breakfast. Meals at Fontana Village are at your expense. Breakfasts will be off the menu. Dinners are buffet style. Last year, the prices were around $11 per meal and we expect it to be similar this year.

Saturday BBQ Dinner

Following the Car Show and Group Photo on Saturday, we are having a BBQ dinner. The BBQ is being catered by Swee****er BBQ in Robbinsville, NC. Some of the ZDayZ crowd sampled this restaurant last year and said the BBQ was fantastic! The dinner includes your choice of BBQ (chicken or pork), sides, and a drink. You can save a little money by pre-paying for your BBQ dinner using the Car Show pre-registration form.

ZDayZ Cra-Z Shirt Contest!

Okay, we’re not 100% fixed on what we’re going to call this contest, but Friday night during the Welcome Dinner there will be an outrageous shirt contest. Basically, just grab you most outlandish, craziest, most suggestive, and/or attention-grabbing shirt and wear it to dinner on Friday night! We don’t care if it’s a t-shirt, Hawaiian shirt, or other… as long as it is wonderfully obnoxious. We do ask you to please refrain from donning shirts that would be considered vulgar or derogatory.

ZDayZ staff and sponsors are also encouraged to participate. Each ZDayZ staff member will pick a favorite shirt (other than their own). The winners will be selected from these finalists and will take home some cool ZDayZ prizes!

Featured Sponsor Club: Triangle Z Club

Triangle Z Club is not your typical group of Z enthusiasts. Sure, they love their cars and have fun meetings and events, but like any good Z Club they have a personality all their own. Based in the Raleigh area, this group continues to be one of the more active clubs in NC and it is not uncommon to see a few of the TZC crew show up at other Z Clubs’ events. One thing that really sets this club apart is their event calendar. A typical year reads like a racing series! TZC is very active organizing track events for the Z community at places such as VIR in Virginia, Roebling Road in Georgia, and Carolina Motorsports Park in South Carolina. In addition to their very active track calendar, they still find time for a TZC Z-car show, club picnic, and more! If you’re ever out near Raleigh, drop in on their monthly meeting and say ‘hi’ (first Thursday of each month). For more information on track events, contact Stacy King through the TZC website. Their next event is April 9-10 at VIR!

[/U]Featured Sponsor: Crawford Z Car Service[/U]

Ever heard of these guys? If not, you probably haven’t been listening too hard to the word on the street. Crawford Z Car Service has been around for 25 years providing proven performance parts and excellent service to the Z Car community. The quality of Crawford’s Parts and Service is no accident. Much of their knowledge comes from decades of track experience. This translates into better products for the Z-Car you park in your garage and the thousands of other customers they have served over the years. To learn more about Crawford Z, take a peak at their website, www.crawfordzcar.com, or give them a call at 615-327-4159. If you get a hold of Doug, tell him the gang over at ZDayZ sent you.

Featured Sponsor: University Nissan

This year, we’re proud to add to our rank of sponsors, University Nissan of Boone. Located in the NC mountains, University Nissan is a full service Nissan dealership committed to meeting all your Nissan needs. Check them out for quality parts, service, and, of course, new and used Nissan vehicles! Never too far out of the way, University Nissan’s website allows you to shop their inventory and even request financing online. You can contact them by visiting www.universitynissan.com or calling 1-800-798-9826.

That’s all for this week. More information soon!

Andy Morris
ZDayZ Organizer
info@zdayzevents.com

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ZDayZ at Tail of the Dragon May 20-22, 2005