Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

California Scam!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 05:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
California Scam!

Ok.. I was driving on 118 freeway going home from work. A huge truck, F350 cut me off and slammed his brakes.. Bam... I rear ended him. The funny thing is, he has all the scene on his video camera. I was like, wtf? It looked like it was a set up! So here it goes again. Damn people just wanna make money off of damn CA insurances. Here's a pic of my daily driver car!

Then.. I was glad I wasn't driving the G! I pulled up to the side and bam again... A black mercedes benz hit and run my car!

CA Drivers.......

RIP.. To my retired accord!

Old 02-04-2007, 05:51 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
damn, sorry to hear bro. If he has it all on video then it should show him cutting you off in which it's his fault that the accident was caused, therefore you arent at fault.
-GP-

Old 02-04-2007, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by Gdup35sedan
damn, sorry to hear bro. If he has it all on video then it should show him cutting you off in which it's his fault that the accident was caused, therefore you arent at fault.
-GP-

If you rear end someone, it is your fault 100%. F*cked up! But if he has a camera in the car, you should report it to the police, insurance, and DMV. Tell them that it was a set up and that he cut you off and slammed on his breaks. He also had a video camera. It's common sense, but try to prove your way around to get him busted. Like few years ago, there was an incident about this on the news. Same exact thing what the guy did to you. You should look it up and provide more facts about this about it's history. Keep us updated so if any of the G drivers out there had an incident like this, we know exactly what to do. Good luck!

Old 02-04-2007, 06:15 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
i know that if you rear end someone its your fault all the time 100% of the time, but he was cutoff, that's a completely different story.
-GP-

Old 02-04-2007, 07:59 PM
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
So what do they get out of it? They gotta get their car fixed too. They might get overestimate and get a 1k or so out of it, but is that worth the trouble of going to jail and the months of having your car in the shop?

So where is the incentive? I wanna know...

Old 02-04-2007, 08:53 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Mizter_G
Ok.. I was driving on 118 freeway going home from work. A huge truck, F350 cut me off and slammed his brakes.. Bam... I rear ended him. The funny thing is, he has all the scene on his video camera. I was like, wtf? It looked like it was a set up! So here it goes again. Damn people just wanna make money off of damn CA insurances. Here's a pic of my daily driver car!

Then.. I was glad I wasn't driving the G! I pulled up to the side and bam again... A black mercedes benz hit and run my car!

CA Drivers.......

RIP.. To my retired accord!
damn sorry to hear that...damn there goes your nice dd...hope things go aite mann...gluck

Old 02-04-2007, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by Polishthrust
So what do they get out of it? They gotta get their car fixed too. They might get overestimate and get a 1k or so out of it, but is that worth the trouble of going to jail and the months of having your car in the shop?

So where is the incentive? I wanna know...
Yeah.. They get to overestimate the damage. But the main thing they usually target is the Bodily Injury! They'll get all the therapy they could get and make money out of it!

Trending Topics

Old 02-04-2007, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by TheForgottenMan
If you rear end someone, it is your fault 100%. F*cked up! But if he has a camera in the car, you should report it to the police, insurance, and DMV. Tell them that it was a set up and that he cut you off and slammed on his breaks. He also had a video camera. It's common sense, but try to prove your way around to get him busted. Like few years ago, there was an incident about this on the news. Same exact thing what the guy did to you. You should look it up and provide more facts about this about it's history. Keep us updated so if any of the G drivers out there had an incident like this, we know exactly what to do. Good luck!

Yeah.. I'm going to do some research. That bastard needs to get his *** busted!

Old 02-04-2007, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by Gdup35sedan
i know that if you rear end someone its your fault all the time 100% of the time, but he was cutoff, that's a completely different story.
-GP-

Yup, exactly! The fact he has the camera that may show him cut off the honda, like you said, can be proven he did that intently. If you have witnesses, you should talk to them and get their numbers. My advice to you is to get statements from those drivers; perhaps the Mercedes that hit you, that traffic was not heavy because he did brake heavily. Unless someone cut HIM off, then HE should have that on camera as well. Just try to gather as much info as possible.

Problem here is that if you can't really prove anything, the guy can say he didn't cut you off. It's your word against his. That is why that when you rear end someone, it's always your fault no matter what unless you prove yourself that he did that on purpose.

"It's not what you know, it's what you can prove." - Alonzo; Training Day

Old 02-05-2007, 02:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Shiz...did he have a Rice Killer sticker on his ride?

Old 02-05-2007, 02:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good luck, man that really sux. im always worried about getting scammed that way. but you should really talk to the police about it, this guy sounds like he may have done this more than once. pull his records.