Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Needed Help Big Time.. Advice Plz :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 04:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The place is having a very hard time putting on the Head Unit.. as i have said in my lil story.... and they are trying to put in Eclipse AVN 5500.. and i am suppose to pick the car up on either April 1st or 2nd, if not, i have made deal with them to get the Nav Money back

Old 03-25-2007, 04:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tam421602
so at this point, what should i do now?
i mean, i doubt those speakers will sound this bad, afterall.. they are alphine... or should i come and check what's up with it? i mean i just want the car to sound really good and i regret of not doing any reseach and just trusting my friend.... which apparently doesn't know ****, anyway i can fix it?

All I can tell you is make that b*tch as$ shop fix that bzzz'ing sound. And this time, WATCH them do it. See if they don't fu*k up anything. And tell them to mount all the amps in place because when you drive it will move around hitting the sh*t. Tell them if there are any damages to any of the items(NOT YOUR CAR) make them LIABLE. I'm guessing when he took out the spare tire, the amp must be on metal? Am I correct? For 4.3g's, I'd make them do EVERYTHING correctly.

Old 03-25-2007, 04:55 AM
R you might have a bad ground

Old 03-25-2007, 01:12 PM
First off, you have to do your homework when it comes to car stereos and installs!

My friend owns a shop and has told me the way they most shops operate, he gets many customers with cash that are willing to pay for hi-end **** and don't even give a thought about at the price, as long is everything is done right and sounds great, everyone is happy.

But most people, he says are on a budget and want quality and a great price. Which is OK with him because he gets enough of the high end customers willing to pay retail and an accurate installation price based on time and labor involved. Which helps offset the cost and still gives him profit in the end. He always ask the customer what is your budget and what do you want done. He carries all those off brand "hi-end," stereos and speakers (Downtown LA crap) but also Focal, Dyn, McIntosh, etc.

Think about it, he can do 25-30 (at $80-$150) headunit installs in the time it takes him to complete to do one quality setup head unit, kick panels, custom trunk w/ fiberglass subs, amp rack etc, all quality wiring, sound deadening, etc. If he charges 1500 for a setup like this, people cry and leave, but think of all the work involved! He also has to pay rent, utilities, employees, insurance etc!

Now for my point, do your homework! If they try to sell you offbrand equipment write everything down and go research it. Drive over to another shop ask for the same thing and see what happens.

I was a victim of this in the early 90's and was sold a 4 amp Rockford setup (one amp wasn't even powering any speakers) that was redone the right way taking out 2 amps, a cap, 2 crossovers, a eq, 4 extra speakers, and all wiring. The smaller simpler system was superior in everyway! I was able to sell all the extra RF amps and extra A/D/S speakers, crossovers, etc. for good money because it was a quality, but it taught me a lesson. You can go clean and simple and have a fantastic sounding system or you can go all out and still have a fantastic sounding system[/B]

As for your system you could go on elitecaraudio.com and post asking for good shops in SoCal! You'll be surprised the same shops come up and the same names also! Why becuase many of these people love car audio! It is there life they aren't in it for the massive profit but for the love! Most of these shops have been around for 20 years, including the late 80's and 90's which many consider the ultimate for car audio!

Even my buddy recommends I do another shop if I'm strictly looking for SQ! (I only drive my G so i would have no transportation if I left it with him for a week!) He sells mostly bass to the high school crowd and makes a good living at it! He does some hi-end installs for customers that have worked with him in the past, but it takes time and dedication, and it gets difficult when you are busy installing simple hu, sub box and amps systems all day long.

Try contacting 16psibrick here on the forum for some advice he loves what he does and does it right!

Also if Pasadena is where your install is done I suggest you drive to Automotive Entertainment
123 S Rosemead Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91107
(626) 577-1200

Ask them to see your system! This guy does high end installs and does them the right way! He even has BBQ on Saturday once in a while to showcase his work! Many of his customers drive back to the shop and show the type of work Automotive Entertainment does, why cause he is a cool guy loves car audio and wants to share his dedication with all. He will not lie and try to cheat you, he will give you an honest quote, and advice. His systems aren't all about flash, they are about sounding fantastic!

Finally I think i know what is wrong with your Nav install , as I think most members here might know, it is pretty simple if you think about it, but I won't mention it as you might get your money back if they don't complete your install as you stated! PM me for my thought!

Sorry for the long response but people who take advantage of others are DICKS!!!

Carlos

Old 03-25-2007, 07:17 PM
my buddy owns JP autosound.. he did all my installs.. eclipse head unit + navi.. amp speakers, everything... clean install.. my car was done in 1 day.. hit me up with a PM if you want their info.. they have lots of exp. with g's

Old 03-25-2007, 07:22 PM
sounds like they used the OEM wiring for the new speakers

G/L with this 1

Old 03-25-2007, 09:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BadBoy06
sounds like they used the OEM wiring for the new speakers

G/L with this 1

It's alright to use OEM wiring for the new speakers. You wouldn't even tell a difference between a kicker speakerwire and OEM speakerwire unless you are a major guru.