Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

where to getutec installed LA or SB

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 05:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where to getutec installed LA or SB

Im looking into getting a utec, and the last place i checked told me i had to get a wideband 02 and knock sensor installed along with a bunch of other crap, totalling 3K+. And to top it off the place that was going to do the work was in the IE, not as convenient as i would like.

Does anyone here know of a good place to get a UTEC installed and tuned either around Santa Barbara, LA, or inbetween? preferably someone who wont f**k me just because i drive a g35. any input would be great.

Thanks,

Sasan

Old 06-04-2007, 01:01 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You should be able to pickup everything you need for about $1400 - TOPS!

Install for the main unit is easy. You'll need an O2 bung installed before your CATS for the wideband - but you really don't NEED a wideband gauge. Your not FI, so your needs are limited and tuning easier to accomplish. So I would expect install to take about 2 hours - and hour or less for someone who has done it before. Also, if you get the remote MAP unit, that will need to be wired in and mounted somewhere.

Realistically, a stereo shop can do the install with the directions in hand. You'll need and exhaust shop for the wideband O2 bung though.

As far as tuning - should be 2 hours ore less - so about $200 or so. You should be able to do it all for $2000 or less. You can install the unit and items yourself, if your capable, and you can even tune it pretty good on your own if you have a laptop as well.

PM KenK2 for some help and maybe a starting MAP...he's really good with the UTEC.

Rick