Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Race Tracks?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 05:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Race Tracks?

Does anybody know where there are race tracks in the los angeles or orange county area? Straight-away or a course?

Old 10-13-2007, 01:16 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Irwindale = 1/8 mile

CA Speedway in Fontana = 1/4 mile

That's about it... Now that the heat is gone for a while we will be having several track days in the coming months. Keep an eye out in the events thread - it will be posted.

Old 10-14-2007, 08:35 PM
Dec 2, 2007..... Cali Speedway

We're running a ROVAL Track and autocross

See the Toys for Tots post, or visit http://www.t4tcarshow.com

Cheers, Ted

Old 10-14-2007, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by SoCalTed

Cheers, Ted
Thats very cool Ted! I got your text msg the other day, didn't realize the track events were part of the TFT this year... I look forward to it!

Old 10-14-2007, 09:06 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Looking forward to this fall/winter. I expect to see many of our fellow SoCal G's hit 13's & 8's once again.

PS. Ted, how's it going man!

Old 10-15-2007, 08:54 PM
hanging in there and pimping Toys for Tots. remember, it's track / autocross and car show...no drags. Although, if we get a good showing and make the sponsors happy, mayber we'll be able to add that next year.

Cheers, Ted

Old 10-18-2007, 12:33 AM

Cheers, Ted
so... there's plenty of info about the ROVAL... but not much about the autocross... Ted, can you tell me about the autocross track - like distance turns, etc... I would love to run the ROVAL, this is one of those times I wish I had MT! I might consider it, but corners and AT just don’t jive (racing anyway)... do you have more info about the autocross event?

Old 10-18-2007, 03:52 AM
Team Transport Member
Autocross event info should be up on Speed Ventures site if its not it should be up really soon.

We will be teaching agressive driving techniques, from cornering to thresh hold braking etc. It will be very helpful for those who want to see what their car can really do and also what to expect in situations like that.

This track isnt too tight to worry about gearing if anything you need to worry about brakes. It is a very high speed track so depending on the size of your ***** and your car you can do 140+mph no problem. If youre even thinking of tracking this is the track to do and with this price you cant go wrong. Usually we pay $350+ for a track day at Cali Speedway.

Old 10-18-2007, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by zazaracing
Autocross event info should be up on Speed Ventures site if its not it should be up really soon.

We will be teaching agressive driving techniques, from cornering to thresh hold braking etc. It will be very helpful for those who want to see what their car can really do and also what to expect in situations like that.

This track isnt too tight to worry about gearing if anything you need to worry about brakes. It is a very high speed track so depending on the size of your ***** and your car you can do 140+mph no problem. If youre even thinking of tracking this is the track to do and with this price you cant go wrong. Usually we pay $350+ for a track day at Cali Speedway.
Thanks - I have OEM brakes (about the only thing that is stock on my car)... looking at the track layout, I see 2 X 90 degree turns followed by a hairpin turn and a bunch of other low speed turns that will require a bunch of downshifting… the AT sux for this…
The only I find regarding the Autocross event is this:

Autocross:
This event will be run on an Autocross course set up in the paved area inside the Super Speedway. It will run concurrently with the track event. You may participate in the autocross only, or drive in both the autocross and the track event. Your registration allows you as many runs as you'd like throughout the day, so you can run the auto-x course multiple times in the time periods between your run sessions.
The auto-x circuit will be open from approx. 10am to 5pm. And all experience levels are welcome. You may make as many runs as you like on the course, space and time permitting. A helmet is required. (Motorcycle helmets are OK for the auto-x) If you don't have one, you can reserve a rental helmet when you register.
You may participate in both the T4T Car Show and the Autocross/track event, but registration is separate. To register for Speed Ventures' Autocross click here
This event is an Autocross course set up inside the Super Speedway in one of the parking lots. It will run concurrently with the track event. You may participate in the autocross only, or both the autocross and the track event.

All experience levels are welcome and you may make as many runs as you like on the course, space and time permitting.

The course will be open from approx. 10am to 5pm

I’m wondering about the Autocross course itself…

Old 10-18-2007, 05:04 PM
I was just at cali speedway yesterday doing a walk through with Aaron and DaveO. I took some pics of the BMW event that was going on, and they had an autocross setup in the same place. So it will give you an idea.

-T

Old 10-18-2007, 05:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Daeman7
Does anybody know where there are race tracks in the los angeles or orange county area? Straight-away or a course?
For road racing courses you have the following available in the region:

1. California Speedway, Fontana, Calif.
2. Willow Springs International Raceway, Rosamond, Calif. (three courses, the "Big" track, Streets of Willow, and Horsethief Mile.
3. Buttonwillow Raceway Park, Buttonwillow, Calif.

Old 10-18-2007, 07:49 PM
Mike:

Here's the response from Speed Ventures in regards to the Nissan Performance Fest AutoX and HPDE....

For AutoX
All they need to do, other than signing up is:

* bring a helmet (motorcyle is fine). Rental helmets are available with sufficient notice ($20).

* They can drive the course as many times as they like, time and space
permitting.

* No special preparation to car is needed.

* Course layout will be determined on Friday, or Saturday morning.

* No in-car instruction. But, we will have very experienced people milling
around who can provide informal instruction, tips, pointers, etc.

* A timing system will be hooked up so they can see their laptimes.

Super fun!
If you have evern been to the Lexus, Toyota or BMW driving experiences, you can kind of guess what its gonna look like. I still owe you pics, but I need to drive down to GG right now to pick up the event flyers!

So will get to it a little later tonight.

Cheers, Ted

(register already! ! ! ! !)

Old 10-18-2007, 08:43 PM
Mike:

Here's the response from Speed Ventures in regards to the Nissan Performance Fest AutoX and HPDE....

For AutoX

If you have evern been to the Lexus, Toyota or BMW driving experiences, you can kind of guess what its gonna look like. I still owe you pics, but I need to drive down to GG right now to pick up the event flyers!

So will get to it a little later tonight.

Cheers, Ted

(register already! ! ! ! !)
I've been to similar types of "driving experience"... that's what I was wondering about - the various manufacturers "driving experience" events are usually real small courses that don’t allow for any reasonable amount of acceleration... oh well, I've gone on enough about the "what is it"... I'll just wait & see I guess...

Old 10-18-2007, 10:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G35 6MT
tracks are all over california, north and south. i usually run with speedventures.com. you could check out nasaproracing.com as well. they have plenty of events, but they are more stringent with rules (as far as advancement).

Old 10-18-2007, 11:47 PM
the OP was asking about LA/OC tracks...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Race Tracks?