Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Calling all Lakers fans...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 02:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Calling all Lakers fans...

so where is kobe going? will you miss him if/when he leaves? personally, i'm a +20 year LAKERS fan and though i do have love for 24, i'm at odds with how i'd feel if/when he's gone. i think we'd obviously miss his presence /scoring/ excitement but i don't think i'd miss the drama/selfishness/immaturaty he brings the team. i dont know anymore. what do you all feel?

Old 10-18-2007, 02:18 PM
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by tinman143
the drama/selfishness/immaturaty he brings the team.

thats not the right thing to say about the guy nowadays...it's really annoying to hear people still talking about him like this, a few years ago before the sex scandal and all that yea, say this shlt about the guy but not NOW....
he's completely turned it around, and he's not the cocky arrogant and selfish bastard he was years ago.. now he brings confidence, leadership and HEART to the Laker team, even in this losing streak he plays his heart out!! the man has been humbled by all the shlt he's been through and I just wanna say that he is THE GREATEST basketball player ever, yes even better than Michael Jordan.... Kobe is unstoppable even when he's half a$$ing in games, Jordan was just dominant and too highly respected for people to ever mention there is anyone better than him.. Jordan has the personality of a born leader and it's hard to say anyone else is better than someone like Jordan and it's why nobody will ever say that Kobe or anyone else for that matter is better than Jordan..

and I say all this not even being a huge laker or Kobe fan... Gilbert Arenas is my fav player

Last edited by Adon; 10-18-2007 at 02:21 PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:36 PM
well said. he did display a more mature game this summer with the league's best. last year fell apart with all the injuries that happened. i guess i wish i had better insight to what's going on between the FO (front office) and kobes. as a dedicated fan, i hate to see the blame-game that's going on between Buss and 24.

Old 10-18-2007, 02:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
all i know is that the lakers wont settle for any less than an even trade if they decide to trade him off thats for sure.

i dont think kobe wants out though.

Old 10-18-2007, 02:42 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
I hope he doesnt leave, i will cry haha

Hey id be pissed off too if my team got eliminated form the playoff in the 1st round for 2 years in a row, id be doing the same thing if i was in his shoes

Old 10-18-2007, 02:44 PM
all they needed was a decent 4-5 man, thats all, but nooooo

****in buss wont do it!

Old 10-18-2007, 02:56 PM
THERES ONLY ONE KOBE (COBI) IN LA..... GO GALAXY!!!

He retires today by the way.
Edit- sorry i mean today is his last home game.

Lol sorry I just had to say it. My gf works for the Galaxy.

Last edited by EvolutionGSR; 10-18-2007 at 02:58 PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:58 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
^^^thats nice, too bad soccer is one of the most boring sports to watch, aside from golf, baseball, tennis, and pro fishing lol

but he is one of the maybe 3 soccer players that i know

Old 10-18-2007, 02:59 PM
do you think it really landed on buss? there's so much 'inside' information that we, the general public, don't know or hear. all we hear is through media. do you think any team would really want Bynum??? i'm honestly not impressed with this guy and i'm thinking GM's around the league saw the same thing. i mean, kobe did shoot himself in the foot by bashing trade bait this summer. that's the immaturaty i speak of....

Old 10-18-2007, 03:00 PM
I never thought I would enjoy watching it too, but after I watched a few live games, I feel differently about it.

But then again I do watch tennis and pro fishing. Each to their own haha.

Old 10-18-2007, 03:01 PM
i think beckam's back too...not like i really care heh

Old 10-18-2007, 04:21 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
WOOT! Long time Lakers fan and will always be a Laker fan. I don't care what anyone says about Kobe he is one of the best players in the game. He will always be a star no matter what team you trade him too. If he does get traded then fine life goes on as a Laker fan. We know that a team will never play together forever. I just like the fact that the Lakers are in the hunt for the playoffs every year. There will be other stars that will play for the Lakers. Lakers will always find that talent that will replace the exiting one. Who knows maybe with Kobe departing, the team will get someone who can play at Kobe's caliber. It has happened before why can't it happen again?

Doesn't really matter right now what everyone thinks of the Laker / Kobe saga. Imprtant thing is that the season will start very soon. NBA is in the air and that's what matter the most. GO LAKERS!!!

Old 10-18-2007, 05:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm a huge laker fan too...just very sad to see this unfoil and become like this. I am one of the biggest Kobe supporters, but I am not blind to see that he is selfish. Not the way he plays, but his actions off-court. Like it or not, Jerry Buss stood by him thick and thin. For Kobe to go on saying that Buss is an "Idiot" and "liar" after he backed Kobe up on everything from the sex scandal to Shaq, to his public tirades speaks volumes. Kobe has the skills that every NBA players dream of having, no question about it. As a Laker fan, I would be crushed that he left LA after we all supported him along with Buss through his off-court drama. I'll give Kobe this though, I totally agree that this team needs help. Other than Lamar Odom, they really do not have anybody else. If you really watch Laker games, you will feel the frustration of those million-missed layup attempts, not securing the defensive rebounds, etc...

Old 10-18-2007, 05:21 PM
agree with you both....the Lake show will go on with or without 24. cant wait to see what happens next though

Old 10-18-2007, 08:06 PM
I've been a laker fan since I was 8 years old, and the past 3 seasons I've still been watching laker games religiously, and I do feel Kobe's frustration because he gives 110% each and every night. Kobe loves to win, we can all see that, and that's why now i've become more of a Kobe fan, than a lakers fan. It's just sad when Kobe does pass the ball to his open teammates they still manage to miss the jumpers

Bottom line is that Buss passed on a lot of opportunities, we could've gotten Carlos Boozer, TWICE! we could've picked him up in the draft, but we picked Sasha Vujacic instead, and before Boozer went to Utah, we could've gotten him then too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Calling all Lakers fans...