Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

To get an iphone or to ....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 09:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To get an iphone or to ....

So the end of my 30 days to "try" this phone I just bought is going to end tomorrow. Currently I'm rocking a Samsung 760i (sounds like a bmw )

So I really want the iphone because I currently customized the 760i to function almost 100% exactly like an iphone, but it kinda lags. Service is Verizon, and my brother said apple is currently revamping the iphone and the new one should be out in a long bit. Thats the bad part is when! and should I just get the iphone? How well is cingular aka at&t (i know they changed i just like calling it cingular still). Too lazy to look for reviews for the iphone, how do you guys like it? I forked over 450 for this phone and the plan per month is costing me $100. How much is it per month for the iphone. thanks guys!

also anyone have hook ups with cingular. I don't want to be stuck with verizon for 2 years. =(

Old 12-13-2007, 09:56 PM
I got the iPhone a little over 2 weeks ago. THe first one had a bad battery cuz it would go dead in just about 5 hours and I didn't even use the thing. My brother bought an iPhone too so I asked him to monitor his battery life and he mentioned he would use it all the time, and his battery lasted about a day and a half.

Went to an at&t store and they gave me a new one. The battery on the new one is excellent. It's gone almost 3 days without a single charge! I use it alot more over the weekend than weekdays but I ALWAYS get at least 2 days use.

as for my plan: I have a family share plan Unity plan - which it includes calling any at&t land line from your cell and it's unlimited minutes. This is great since my house line is at&t. I should be paying just about the same as I was with Verizon.

The iPhone data plan for $20 includes checking your e-mail, weather, Google Maps (you can check traffic, comes quite handy), internet and also 200 text messages.

It gets pricey if you text alot like I do. $20 for unlimited (any carrier) or $10 for 1500 texts. When I got the phones and the family plan, I added the unlimted family share texts for $29.99, it's pretty darn cheap if you consider we have 5 lines lol Though, I was hearing from other at&t reps that the iPhone wasn't able to use this family share thing and required it's own texting plan.. so I called at&t and was talking to one of their guys there and he had me on the phone for about 10 minutes, but he ended up finding sometrhing that said the iphone was included as well. A big plus! My brothers are quite happy about it since they didn't want to fork out $20 for each of their iPhones neither.

Either way, if you haven't played with the iPhone, you might want to do so, you'll like it!

Old 12-13-2007, 10:25 PM
no to ifone!!

Old 12-13-2007, 11:05 PM
I love my iPhone and use most of the features. It doesn't work with exchange servers so I can't get work emails on it which is okay. I can surf the net and check my work email using Safari. I have it hooked up to my home email account but sync at work for my contacts and calendar. Its about $60 per month for me.

I'm still waiting to get my G but on the test drive, I plugged it in and the phone told me it didn't recognize the device. It would still work in the G but unless you go into "airplane mode", turning off the cell service, it will occasionally give you some odd cell tones through the speakers.

Old 12-14-2007, 02:16 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
dump verizon and get the iphone lol jkjk both are good man.. cingular has gone a long way.. reception is WAY better now and web is pretty fast.

If you need an iphone lmk i have a hook up just txt me

Old 12-14-2007, 03:11 AM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Klumzyee
dump verizon and get the iphone lol jkjk both are good man.. cingular has gone a long way.. reception is WAY better now and web is pretty fast.

If you need an iphone lmk i have a hook up just txt me
just a regular iphone or unlocked...let me know too haha

Old 12-14-2007, 03:48 AM
Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
I've had my iphone for about four days now and I love it! This has got to be the best phone ever! I unlocked mine for use with TMOBILE which is cool because I still get to use my FAVE5 which works for land lines and any other carrier, I get unlimited text, internet, email and all the features that work for the iphone through at&t work just the same for TMOBILE. The only thing that doesn't work is the visual voicemail, but I really don't care about that. I also had to change my data plan from the SIDEKICK over to EDGE which runs $19.99 (same as sidekick) and since i've been with TMOBILE for awhile they carried over my unlimited text messages too. My bill comes out to about $85 a month with taxes. Does anyone know how to install pictures onto the summerboard for a background? Also how to convert songs to ringtones?

Old 12-14-2007, 04:46 AM
Originally Posted by 1SickVeilsideZ
Also how to convert songs to ringtones?

you have a Mac or PC?

Old 12-14-2007, 06:13 PM
get it for tmobile and hack it :] i pay 6.99 a month for edge

Old 12-14-2007, 06:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
get an intake instead

Old 12-14-2007, 07:06 PM
Wei
iphone is a cool gadget, it really is, apple makes great quality, great eye candy products,

main issues:
- battery, much like anything apple... if it goes, there goes your expensive gadget
- the data network is inferior compared to verizon (there's some reports out there, keywords are edge and evdo for verizon)

def a cool toy, but it's not for me...

Old 12-14-2007, 08:53 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Sorry guys but I just got 6 PMs for iPhones.. I'll take care of close friends.. I cant hook up the whole forum (kinda weird when 1 employee decides to buy 8 iPhones -__-).

Eh this is a REGULAR iPhone from apple not Unlocked but I'm sure theres lots of neat stuff you can do with it.. also if you ever need it umm lets say replace due to a warranty-able failure

Old 12-15-2007, 12:49 AM
no to iphone. It's overrated and overhyped.

Old 12-15-2007, 02:02 AM
teamsolo.net im-integline
Go verizon. if you do ill hook you guys up.

Old 12-15-2007, 01:53 PM
Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by WaLLy
you have a Mac or PC?
I have a PC.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: To get an iphone or to ....