Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Thanks for Tire Dressing feedback....(pics inside)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 03:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I gotta say the car looks EXCEPTIONALLY clean. Probably the cleanest black I've seen from a CP camera...WOW.

You can tell the tires are clean, but maybe you needed to repeat the process to get that ULTRA shine. I'm sure the product you used was great. You're on the right track buddy.

Originally Posted by Guam671
wow...where can i get this...sounds good...
www.adamspolishes.com The only sh** I use on my car. I've been using it on my car since I've bought it and on clients cars as well. =)

Last edited by aRT13; 02-26-2008 at 03:32 PM.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I use AutoMagic Tire dressing. It cost like 75 for 1 gallon but if you clean your tires right, it will shine for 1 month+. Its also water repelant.

Old 02-26-2008, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by mikeGmang
I use AutoMagic Tire dressing. It cost like 75 for 1 gallon but if you clean your tires right, it will shine for 1 month+. Its also water repelant.
That's what I told him I used in the other thread. AutoMagic is really good, but since most people go to the stores to buy their stuff they will never hear of it. I have put on AutoMagic and haven't put a new coat on in 2 months and it stays pretty shiny for the entire time. The only bad part is that the chemicals in it screw up the rubber gaskets in the bottle, so it starts dripping after a while. I also use AutoMagic Red Hot for my degreaser.

Old 02-26-2008, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by Scrooge
Did you wash it off. What degreaser did you use and what dilution ratio did you use it at.
I use Autosmart's green degreaser(I dont know the exact name) that i found at a local detail shop. I diluted 5 to 1. I know Autosmart aint the greatest thing in the world. I only paid 39.95 for 5 gallons.

Old 02-26-2008, 03:53 PM
Where can i find this AutoMagic tire dressing?

Old 02-26-2008, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by rage777
That's what I told him I used in the other thread. AutoMagic is really good, but since most people go to the stores to buy their stuff they will never hear of it. I have put on AutoMagic and haven't put a new coat on in 2 months and it stays pretty shiny for the entire time. The only bad part is that the chemicals in it screw up the rubber gaskets in the bottle, so it starts dripping after a while. I also use AutoMagic Red Hot for my degreaser.
Automagic FTW! If I were you, I wouldnt use red hot for a degreaser...if you do then dillute it unless you use it on tires. Try special cleaner, its safer to use and wont stain or mess up your hands like redhot. They have like 10 tire dressing but I mainly use the Silicone based dressing. you can buy products online.

Old 02-26-2008, 04:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Never used Automagic, sounds like good stuff, eh? I'll have to scheck it out.

Old 02-26-2008, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by mikeGmang
Automagic FTW! If I were you, I wouldnt use red hot for a degreaser...if you do then dillute it unless you use it on tires. Try special cleaner, its safer to use and wont stain or mess up your hands like redhot. They have like 10 tire dressing but I mainly use the Silicone based dressing. you can buy products online.
I always dilute my degreasers. I haven't had any problems with Red Hot messing up my hands. In fact I spray it on my hands when I clean the inside of my wheels, since I am reaching between the spokes and getting it all over my hands. My hands don't get stained with grease when I spray Red Hot on my hands.

G35swagger,

The way I got started with AutoMagic is to start calling detailers around you. Ask who their supplier is and they should tell you, some guys don't like to say who their supplier is so just move on. A few detailers started to say the same name, so that is the person I eventually called and he sold all the AutoMagic products. You do have to buy in bulk though because they aren't a retailer, they are usually a wholesaler. I never knew they had different kinds of clay until I saw his assortment and colors of clay.

Old 02-26-2008, 05:19 PM
http://www.automagic.com/
#68 Almost magic---best dressing

Also try Dealer Industries tire dressing...I believe its called Blue Coat

if tire dressing is Blue...then it's good. I Dont buy products that you can get at AutoZone because you get what you pay for. I only use Meguiars Hot Shine if Im in a rush and keep a little bottle in my car incase of a car meet at the last second.

Old 02-27-2008, 02:06 AM
Originally Posted by G35Swagger
I use Autosmart's green degreaser(I dont know the exact name) that i found at a local detail shop. I diluted 5 to 1. I know Autosmart aint the greatest thing in the world. I only paid 39.95 for 5 gallons.
Mostly ever degreaser I read said to use at full strength to clean the tires to remove the dress ans debris. Also I know you can get Grease lighting at lowes for 29.95 for a 5 gallon container.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:47 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
tires look dull... not enough gloss (could be the pic phone?)... For quick detail I use Eagle 1. I really like their products.

Old 04-01-2008, 03:13 AM
Originally Posted by gary c
Your tires look allright but I prefer a high gloss/black finish on my tires. Once
I've spent an hour waxing my wheels and lay on some Meguiar's endurance
high gloss dressing it just make my wheels "POP!" Detail spray, I got a sample
of Mothers Showtime recently and it works pretty good. I usually use Adams
detail spray, leaves a nice shine without streaks and make my garage smell
great. And besides I have half a gallon left....
i recomend 3Dproducts.com high gloss armoral. it leaves it shinny for days. its not oily so it doesnt attract dirt and leave that grimmey behind when you wash it. and with time it turns your tire back to when you first purchased your car black shinny and no dirt. this is the only product ive used for the past 6 years on over 400+ customers on a monthly basis. also blue silicone is great on thin tires since it cleans the grime of your tires and leaves a shinny coat behind. the degreaser i use i dilute it 5 to 1 and it works great doesnt harm your hands or your rims. also it doesnt eat up at your tires and leave that white blemish behind like other degreasers. call them up ask for brandon in the la mirada store off the 5 and valley view.

Last edited by mrcardetailer; 04-01-2008 at 03:19 AM.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by mrcardetailer
i recomend 3Dproducts.com high gloss armoral. it leaves it shinny for days. its not oily so it doesnt attract dirt and leave that grimmey behind when you wash it. and with time it turns your tire back to when you first purchased your car black shinny and no dirt. this is the only product ive used for the past 6 years on over 400+ customers on a monthly basis. also blue silicone is great on thin tires since it cleans the grime of your tires and leaves a shinny coat behind. the degreaser i use i dilute it 5 to 1 and it works great doesnt harm your hands or your rims. also it doesnt eat up at your tires and leave that white blemish behind like other degreasers. call them up ask for brandon in the la mirada store off the 5 and valley view.
where do you (or we) get it?...

Old 04-01-2008, 06:37 PM
3Dproducts.com or there off the 5fwy and valleyview city of La Mirada

Old 04-01-2008, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by mrcardetailer
3Dproducts.com or there off the 5fwy and valleyview city of La Mirada
cool - not too far... I'll stop by, thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thanks for Tire Dressing feedback....(pics inside)