Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Recent college grad, need help finding a job. :) (SOCAL)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 04:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I need a job as well and haven't been able to find one (my availability kinda blows because of school), but my resume mushroom taps bishes in the face. The job market does suck in socal now.

Old 06-19-2008, 05:04 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Yeah, dude I'm in the same boat.. (the one you want to get off of) but some family things and the house has me stuck here.. Plus its cake doing what I do and I have SICKK senoirty over everyone here that I'll never get at another company at my age =\

- Eric

Old 06-19-2008, 05:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New career. Nursing FTW~! I never have trouble finding a job =/

"What... you changed my schedule!?"
*F*CK YOU PAY ME* Finds new job.

"What, you don't want to give me a raise!?"
*F*CK YOU PAY ME* Finds new job

"You want me to do what!?"
*F*CK YOU PAY ME* You get the point.

Old 06-19-2008, 06:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JarjarXG
New career. Nursing FTW~! I never have trouble finding a job =/

"What... you changed my schedule!?"
*F*CK YOU PAY ME* Finds new job.

"What, you don't want to give me a raise!?"
*F*CK YOU PAY ME* Finds new job

"You want me to do what!?"
*F*CK YOU PAY ME* You get the point.
Ya, but you have to wear light blue scrubs.

Old 06-19-2008, 06:53 PM
Thumbs up Job Opportunities

Originally Posted by vstypicals
Hey guys,

I recently graduated from CSUN with a B.S. in Computer Science and a Minor in Mathematics. I also have 100% feedback and a Powerseller on Ebay and 47 iTrader ratings on G35driver.com. Haha.

If you or your company has an opening for an IT position.. or if you can open one up for me, please help a fellow G35driver out. I'm broke. I'm bored out of my mind, and this 110 degree heat in Socal is killing me. I need a job so I can get some decent air conditioning.

If anyone can hook me up, I'll give you my ARC titanium hood panel.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

Go Army, if you are interested pm me! I'm a Army Recruiter, we have great benefits, job, and Education Oppotunities for qualified applicants!

SSG Kim
U.S. Army Recruiting Command.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:00 PM
Ya, but you have to wear light blue scrubs.
Payment sucks, and so does the work schedule.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:21 PM
Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by redline624
Go Army, if you are interested pm me! I'm a Army Recruiter, we have great benefits, job, and Education Oppotunities for qualified applicants!

SSG Kim
U.S. Army Recruiting Command.
I'm not saying that this is a bad path, but you better make sure you are eligible immediately for OCS. May as well go in as an officer instead of an enlisted.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:58 PM
same boat here
i just graduate with a B.S in business concentration in finance and marketing. But, i still can't find a job
they ask for experience in the job, which is i don't have
and not much luck for internship
all the job that offer for me is selling insurance, and those job only pay commission. But i turn them down, commission job will not get me by.

good luck in finding a job for u too

Old 06-19-2008, 11:18 PM
to be honest, recent college grads regularly suffer problems finding work. I had one right out of undergrad but I know tons of people that searched for over a year for their first "real" job. I wouldn't worry too much guys. Just hang in there. Everything works out for a reason.

Old 06-25-2008, 02:13 AM
Hey man, I have a great government position with full benefits. The Marines, j/k man, sorry

Old 06-25-2008, 02:28 AM
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Hey guys,

I recently graduated from CSUN with a B.S. in Computer Science and a Minor in Mathematics. I also have 100% feedback and a Powerseller on Ebay and 47 iTrader ratings on G35driver.com. Haha.

If you or your company has an opening for an IT position.. or if you can open one up for me, please help a fellow G35driver out. I'm broke. I'm bored out of my mind, and this 110 degree heat in Socal is killing me. I need a job so I can get some decent air conditioning.

If anyone can hook me up, I'll give you my ARC titanium hood panel.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

i'm in IT and work for CSC Corp. look them up....good luck and i'll be waiting for my ARC stuff! hahaha..

Old 06-27-2008, 02:51 AM
Job found. Thanks for all the help, but I guess my ARC hood panel stays on my car!

Old 07-18-2008, 03:41 PM
It is extremly tough for a college grad. without any experience. A BA without an experience won't really get you anywhere, or if it does, it will take you a while to find a worthy job. I would recommend at least two internships, if not more so the job process is a lot easier. I know a lot of college grads who graduated without any internship experience and are having a tough time finding a job they WANT. Some ended up taking randomg jobs in industries they don't care for. I had several internships and when I graduated, it took about 3 months for me to land 2 offers - 20th Century Fox and Paramount Pictures. Internships are the way to go!

Old 07-20-2008, 05:21 AM
Originally Posted by lmulion03
It is extremly tough for a college grad. without any experience. A BA without an experience won't really get you anywhere, or if it does, it will take you a while to find a worthy job. I would recommend at least two internships, if not more so the job process is a lot easier. I know a lot of college grads who graduated without any internship experience and are having a tough time finding a job they WANT. Some ended up taking randomg jobs in industries they don't care for. I had several internships and when I graduated, it took about 3 months for me to land 2 offers - 20th Century Fox and Paramount Pictures. Internships are the way to go!
I guess I had better luck then. I found a job within a week of looking. I got an offer on my first interview and accepted it. I got 2-3 other interviews after that which I had to cancel. I did post my resume on every job board/website I could find. It also depends on your field. I know nurses can find a job even before they graduate.

Old 07-20-2008, 07:16 AM
I guess I had better luck then. I found a job within a week of looking. I got an offer on my first interview and accepted it. I got 2-3 other interviews after that which I had to cancel. I did post my resume on every job board/website I could find. It also depends on your field. I know nurses can find a job even before they graduate.
What job did you end up getting? Was there a website that helped a recruiter find you?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Recent college grad, need help finding a job. :) (SOCAL)