Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

LMAO in Rowland Heights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 12:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LMAO in Rowland Heights

for those of you local to Rowland/Diamond Bar, you may be familiar with Diamond Bar Blvd, as it goes under the 57 and up the hill turning into Brea Canyon Cutoff Road.

This is the same road where that CHP motorcycle wrapped himself around a pole on the downhill about 3 years ago.

It is also a favorite locations for Sheriffs to use the 45 to 35 to 40MPH 12% grade as a radar trap, sitting in the middle of the road firing their radar fore and aft at the bends in the road.

This is the same road I got tagged on a few weeks ago. There are scores of folks tagged everyday... well someone finally got tired of this and posted a sign on the downhill just past Pathfinder --- it's a big yellow diamond sign made to look like a caltrans sign that says: "SPEED TRAP"

LMAO... I'll take a picture later today if the Sheriffs do not remove this new revenue warning system.

Too funny, still laughing.. Whoever posted this sign, thanks for making my Friday!!!!

-Ted

'03.5 Sedan 5a: BS/G, Prem, Aero/Body, Sport, Nav
Click for MODS or Vote at Online Showoff

Old 07-30-2004, 01:12 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: LMAO in Rowland Heights

haha... LMAO!!!

yeah next to my old house, in Anaheim Hills, there was a spot where people put signs up "COP AHEAD, SLOW DOWN!" but the cops took it down...

i remember people used to flash their high-beams whenever they saw a cop with their radar gun out, to warn people that there was a cop ahead... do they still do that anymore??

04 / BO / G / aero / splash / prem / perf / cc / 22%tint
z-tube / k&n drop-in / Eclipse AVN / side-blinker mod

Old 07-30-2004, 02:02 PM
Re: LMAO in Rowland Heights and Beyond

Here are a few more hotspots for you. Tinman & Clint, I'm sure you can pipe in...

Up a little ways on Diamond Bar Blvd., at the intersection of Kiowa Crest, there's always a motorcycle cop hiding under a tree. Everyday after work, I see him with his radar gun pointed at traffic headed southwest.

And then heading into Chino Hills, there are the cops on Grand and Longview catching people zooming east on Grand.

Oh, and I can't forget Chino Hills Parkway, heading north to Phillips Ranch/60 fwy, where I got tagged.

2003.5 Sedan 6MT Silver on Graphite
Premium | Aero | Sport | Tints

Old 07-30-2004, 03:44 PM

LMAO! Cheers for whoever put up that sign. Anyone notice how they started putting a "Photo Enforced" sign (has traffic symbol) at the intersections with cameras? If the city does that, then it is only right to warn you about "Speed Traps."

Funny this topic came up because 2 days ago all I wanted to do was post a sign reading "Make full stop, cop hiding." By my house, there is a downward hill with a 4-way stop sign at the end. They now have a damn cop car hiding behind one of the houses with perfect view of the line. If you pass it by even a foot without stopping, he is going to get you. I didn't get tagged, but it was close. Stayed an extra second in the Stop sign zone for Mr. Policeman, waved, and went on with my way =D

Old 07-30-2004, 03:54 PM

here're fews that i know..

313368-strap.jpg

Old 07-30-2004, 04:52 PM

Revised Map

2003.5 Sedan 6MT Silver on Graphite
Premium | Aero | Sport | Tints

313421-909.jpg

Old 07-30-2004, 04:52 PM

ted,

ive seen that "speed trap" sign. it is totally hilarious. looks like someone just got a black marker and wrote "speed trap" on it.

also 2 more speed traps in RH for those of you who drive on pathfinder. first, there is a cop at pathfinder and pepperdale, when youre driving downhill. be sure to stay within 45mph, as it is quite easy to speed while going downhill. second, theres a cop that hides behind the access road for the pathfinder park. if you are travelling east on pathfinder, right after the tennis courts, theres a small access road. a cop often hides there, and has the radar gun out. its hard to see him til you get nailed, but a easy way to tell if hes there is to see if the gate to the access road is open. if it is, its a safe bet that the cop is there, usually around 5-7pm.

another "sure ticket" zone is on calle barcelona, at the stop sign intersections of calle belleza and samara drive. be sure to make a full stop as a lot of drivers use this as a way to avoid traffic on colima. i used to live on one of the streets and both CHP and sheriffs would come by to nail drivers. theyve been doing this for more than 10 years, but they always get someone. i would come outside and talk with the cops, and tell them which drivers to go ticket. "yeah that one, go get em!"

anyways fellow rowlanders, please be careful out there.

=)

2003.5 sedan - 5AT, Silver/Graphite, Sport, Aero, Bose, Sunroof, & 1 defunct air freshener..

Old 07-30-2004, 04:54 PM
GP1

On Grand between Diamond Bar and Chino Hills (at the bottom where the ranch service road is) I got stopped. He asks if I know how fast I was going and I replied around 95".
The officer told me radar only got me at 65. I laughed and said "sounds like the radar detector isnt working too well". So he kindly handed me the ticket and told me that he wasnt even gonna bother showing up to the hear. Case dismissed!

Right at Soquel Canyon and Pipeline(Chino Hills). The cop hides there as well. Also, on Grand and Civic Center Dr. The cop hides on the sidewalk on Civic Center and gets just about anyone coming down the hill towards Chino Hills Parkway.

Lucky for me, Ive always managed to see them, but in the twilight hours, they get at least 1 or 2 each time I pass by there. The funny part is...Chino Hills only has 2 or 3 officers on duty at any one time so at least one is tied up on traffic enforcement.

Old 07-31-2004, 03:00 AM

haha i went to visit my g/f in rowland and saw the sign.. hilarious...

Old 07-31-2004, 02:16 PM

bahahahahaha....and i thought you posted that sign up Ted...hehehehe....

www.cardomain.com/id/axa_g35

Old 08-01-2004, 06:45 AM

i got a picture of it with my phone, its not great quality tho

314133-07-29-04_1802.jpg

Old 08-04-2004, 05:03 AM
Former G35driver Vendor

HAHAHA i think ill detour from my regular route just to see that
another excuse to be out driving =]

Old 08-05-2004, 03:12 PM

Hehe, I went right by there this morning about 11am. No sign to be found, although Sheriff John still parks in the middle waiting for one of us to do a fly-by. [img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

2003-G35C-5AT Laser Red/Black/Prem/XM/Tint/Chrome 17's/Black Badged