Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

New Guy on block! Question??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 05:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Guy on block! Question??

hey everybody , i just got a g35 6 speed with black on black , and have a question , im looking in to gettin colilovers in the near future and need to know some good coilovers thats get me a BAng for the Buck $$ and also where can i get it installed ?? any good local tuner shops around the neighboorhood of So cal, Huntington beach area or close by!! thanks again

Old 08-22-2004, 05:30 PM
Multi-Spoked Mod
Re: New Guy on block! Question??

hehehe WELCOME...

You'll know me in person soon enough if u come to the meets that are ahead. Just to cue you in on whats going on. This coming saturday there is a meet in Huntington Beach and on SUnday there is a show event in Irwindale Speedway called FOrmula D. Then the weekend after a few of us are going to DYno day. ALl the info is in this southern cali forum..

Oh to answering your question. Coilovers. What brand you choose is entirely up to you. If you want something like stock, i would go with HKS LS(thats what i have) unless you want it to be adjustable in ride comfort then go with LS+ if you have a coupe. I can get pretty good prices on coilovers. TEins are pretty nice also. THey have the basics which are height adjustable but the ride is rough. Tein Flex you can adjust the height and comfort and if you get the EDFC unit you can control it electronically(the ride). PM me if u want me to look for ya.

Shops? Yea there are some good ones out there. FOr me i trust Street Image. If you want info on that PM me and i will give you Jeff's number at Street image. They do a great job and its a great place plus they are helpful and knowllegeable people.

Ed

2003 Transport V35SKYLINE. Team Transport! www.teamtransport.org

Old 08-22-2004, 05:31 PM
Re: New Guy on block! Question??

hey welcome to the club.

the benefit of having a shared suspension with a 350z means that there are literally about 20 different full coilover setups, 30+ springs, and 15+ shocks, including penske and ohlins setups... hehe.

the most popular coilover choices are definitely the tein flex (about 1500 installed, or 1800 with edfc), tein cs (prob around 1500 installed, less aggresive and softer then tein edfc.

i have read that the teins all tend to transfer weight to the rear or the car on cornering, which leads to understeer. my personable preference is the jic flt-a2, but be prepared for a really bad ride (comfort wise).

you are definitely posting in the wrong forum tho... go over to suspension and there are a ton of guys who know a lot about how to tune the g/z suspension properly. you may find that simply adding rollbars (such as hotchkis or cusco) may bring the car to the handling level you desire. the stock springs and shocks are really tuned well, especially on the 6 m/t models.

sport compact car got a z to pull over 1.0g's with only sway bars, better tires, and a clutch type limited slip (over the stock viscous).

my suggestion is to not try and find the 'best bang for the buck', because the g35 is a very high quality car... putting on less-then-the-best mods are better suited for srt-4's and 2nd gen eclipses. just my 0.02. good luck!

-phil

*** 2003 G35s 5at / Pearl White ***
*** Volk Racing / Falken / Tein / Hotchkis Tuning / Nismo / Blitz / Hks / Greddy / Xerd / Unorthodox Racing / Samco / Sparco / Alpine / Mb Quart / Sony ***