Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Ticket Situation..Advice?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 02:14 PM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
Ticket Situation..Advice?

A couple weeks ago I got pulled over by a Glendale PD officer for my cambered wheels. To be honest the cop didn't know what to cite me for, he just was unfamiliar with super cambered wheels. Some other cop ended up coming by randomly and he was the one I spoke with (other guy actually cited me).

So anyway, they wrote me up for an unsafe vehicle, not because of the camber, but because my tires rub and this is only going up driveways at an angle. The cop didn't bother trying to understand cos he said the roads arent flat so I must rub all the time (stupid because going up an incline at an angle requires body shiftment and I don't get body roll anywhere NEAR that).

That officer told the other one what to write me up for and I noticed it's non-correctable. How exactly do I fight this, because IMO, it is correctable (bashed out the fenders quite a bit and no more rub, also adjust the suspension so the bump stop is up higher).

Any input? I'm not going to give the gov't $255 and receive a point on my record for one cop's stupidity and ignorance. To add, two officers on a motorcyle together asked me what was up with my wheels being slanted. I asked if they wanted me to pull over and they said no, they were just curious. As long as it's within the fender I'm fine. Been pulled over by CHP and other law enforcement and all have been fine with the camber and all mention it. I tell them the the toe and all is in spec and that works for em.

Old 12-28-2009, 02:49 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
Kill em!

Old 12-28-2009, 03:07 PM
Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
PM sent..not that I have solution but if my PM helps you in anyway.

Old 12-28-2009, 03:13 PM
Thanks James, replied to your PM.

Old 12-28-2009, 04:53 PM
Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by donpisto
Thanks James, replied to your PM.

So taking a pic of Shane shirtless to take to the ref won't work to get a dismissal?

Old 01-04-2010, 03:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Checc the California Vehicle Code Division 15,16 and 17.. If U want to fight it. Find what vehicle code you violated and fight it like that. Trial by declaration is best. Thats how i got out of a speeding ticcet. I would Checc Size and Weight and definitely div 17.

Old 01-04-2010, 11:55 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
I gotta ask ... is it worth being hassled? You might get away with it this time, but you can be assured others will stop you too. Then you have to deal with it all over again.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:07 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Levon did they give you a non correctable "fix it" ticket...or was it a moving violation? If it is not a moving violation then you will not get any points on your record...if this is the case just pay the fvcker and get on with your life. My .02

Old 01-05-2010, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by MEXTEP
So taking a pic of Shane shirtless to take to the ref won't work to get a dismissal?
Lol I'm afraid not.

Originally Posted by terrycs
I gotta ask ... is it worth being hassled? You might get away with it this time, but you can be assured others will stop you too. Then you have to deal with it all over again.
Yes, it most definitely is. Because if I fork out the $255 now, and I get pulled over for it again, I'd get the same ticket, same fine. If I get it dismissed, I will ask to be exempt from future citations for this specific reason.

I've had MANY law enforcement agencies drive right by me, look at me, and even some within the same law enforcement agency, and they never once gave me a ticket. Some did pull me over and ask about it, and that was it. Is it fair that a few that understand and let me go, but when one is ignorant and doesn't understand doesn't let me go right? Absolutely not. I don't care if they are a cop, I'll respect that authority, but just because they are cops doesn't mean they know everything.

Example: a cop said my intake was illegal (even though I had a CARB # on it...and said my engine was illegal, because I had a painted cover on it), and there's other things just like that. That's my point.

Old 01-05-2010, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by silver g
Levon did they give you a non correctable "fix it" ticket...or was it a moving violation? If it is not a moving violation then you will not get any points on your record...if this is the case just pay the fvcker and get on with your life. My .02
It's a non-correctable traffic violation.

24002a VC Unsafe Vehicle. Tires/Rims Bowed Out Rubbing Fenders.
WARNED 24004 VC Tint + Rims

If he's warning me about rims, why is he citing me for it? Makes no sense. As for tint, he was saying i have to remove it immediately, even when I showed him I had a fix it for that and the due date wasn't till Feb.

Old 01-05-2010, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by DG Steelo
Checc the California Vehicle Code Division 15,16 and 17.. If U want to fight it. Find what vehicle code you violated and fight it like that. Trial by declaration is best. Thats how i got out of a speeding ticcet. I would Checc Size and Weight and definitely div 17.
Thanks for the quick reference. I'll check it out.

Old 01-05-2010, 02:18 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by donpisto
It's a non-correctable traffic violation.

24002a VC Unsafe Vehicle. Tires/Rims Bowed Out Rubbing Fenders.
WARNED 24004 VC Tint + Rims

If he's warning me about rims, why is he citing me for it? Makes no sense. As for tint, he was saying i have to remove it immediately, even when I showed him I had a fix it for that and the due date wasn't till Feb.
Ok makes no sense...was the ticket marked as an infraction? Do me a favor scan it in and email it to me so I can see it.

Old 01-05-2010, 02:28 PM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
you got pulled over by some "square" cops hahaha. If you get my drift

Note to Public: There really is cops out there that don't know what in the world they're talking about or dealing with, but no blame or complain, we're only human right? Just don't like it when the wrong cop is at the wrong situation.

Old 01-05-2010, 02:30 PM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
Levon you got bad luck for reals, you got flagged for your Intake as str8 illegal (same as turbo ppl status) LOL! And now this?? The popo just dont like u man Svcks cause your not even a Criminal, some cops really need to take their heads out of their azz and fight real crime, I know it gets boring at times working in weenie cities but cot damnt lol

Old 01-05-2010, 02:33 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
This is actually kinda funny. I am sorry it happened to you though.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ticket Situation..Advice?