Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

I hate fix-it tickets!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 03:14 AM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
Unhappy I hate fix-it tickets!!!

So last night, I am driving down Jeffrey Rd. in Irvine around 9pm after having dinner with a friend. I was on my way to drive her back and I notice a cop closing up behind me. He followed me for couple of signals and I see him pull up really close to me. He then passes me in the left lane to pull up right next to me to check for tinted windows. Just as expected, he quickly pulls back behind me again and flips on his flashing lights. I thought it was pretty ironic b/c throughout the dinner, I kept babbling about my new mods and all my future plans for my car. Anyway, I got a fix it ticket for having no front plate + front window tint (ONLY 30% tint). Even though I deserved it, it was still little annoying b/c I have my Stillen front license plate bracket on order and my tint is super light at only 30%! Moreover, I was very polite to the officer and followed the recommended procedures when I got pulled over. I had both of my front windows rolled down, both hands on the steering wheel, car put in P, flipped on the hazards, and ignition turned off. Nonetheless he still wrote me up for the 2 violations. I know he was just doing his job but it was still annoying. To be honest, I expected him to just let me off with a warning but I think they were nearing the closing of their monthly quota.

After he hands me the ticket, he tells me that now I am required to pay my fine at the designated court. He explained that I won't receive anything in the mail like how we used to and that I need to fix the violations before the due date to get the ticket written off, but MUST pay the fine in person at the court. This is my first time hearing this. Is this really true??!! I didn't wanna argue with the officer, so I said ok and we parted ways. But it really doesn't make sense that it would be mandatory to pay the fine at the court. What happens to the people who cannot make the time to visit the court? I remember with all my previous fix it tickets, I just mailed in all the payments after getting the ticket signed off by an officer.

Anyone else get a fix-it ticket recently? Did you have to pay your fine at the court like this officer explained? Or can we still mail them a check like we used to?

I would really appreciate it if someone can confirm this for me.

Thanks in advance!

-Jason

Old 05-30-2011, 03:23 AM
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Idk how it is in cali but I got 2 tickets for the same reason as yours, front plate and front window tint and all I had to do was pay each ticket only, 54 each. On another note, it was May 29

Old 05-30-2011, 03:38 AM
Did you have to pay the fine at the court? Or did you just mail it in?

Old 05-30-2011, 03:43 AM
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by J2S2M
Did you have to pay the fine at the court? Or did you just mail it in?
Online with a credit card lol

Old 05-30-2011, 03:49 AM
BTW does anyone know a cop near OC? If so, pls PM me. I would really hate to remove my ceramic tint ($400 tint).

Old 05-30-2011, 12:22 PM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
That's why i have lights on in the interior. So i don't get bothered by them.

Old 05-30-2011, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by bluedevils95
That's why i have lights on in the interior. So i don't get bothered by them.
I don't think it was the matter of having the interior lit. I always have my shades open and the sunroof tilted to let some ambient light into the car when driving at night. However looking at the way this cop was following me, it didn't matter what I did to prevent this. He had his mind set on pulling me over. There was nothing I could've done to prevent it. I am just glad he didn't write me up for anything worse.

Old 05-31-2011, 12:46 AM
beb
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Sorry to hear. I have ceramic all around on my 240 (windshield too) and just got pulled over for it last night! I totally feel ya, cause all I kept seeing were dollar signs when he had his ticket pad out....thankfully he got called out on an emergency so I got let go... but yeah, illegal tint is illegal no matter how 'light' it is... Oh well, we all pay to play... let us know when you find out for sure what the new process for payment is and sorry to hear you got caught =T

Old 05-31-2011, 01:01 AM
It's good that you got lucky bro! I also have ceramic tint and paid $380 to have my windows tinted. Now, I have to pay to have them removed at least for the fronts. Most likely, I will end up paying more to have them re-tinted b/c I know that I don't want to be driving around like that for long.

I really hate Irvine cops with a passion!

Old 05-31-2011, 01:14 AM
beb
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Yeah, ceramic is pricey but damn its worth it. I have the same % as you too! At least taking them off is only $20 for the fronts. Hope you get a good deal redoing them though, ask the shop to give you a break lol.