Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Avoid Authentic Brothers Towing in Orange, CA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 03:15 PM
beb
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Exclamation Avoid Authentic Brothers Towing in Orange, CA

Just a public service announcement:

We had my sisters M3 towed, we used AAA who sent out Authentic Brothers Towing to Anaheim. The tow operator was a young kid, very nice and friendly but he hooked the rear control arms and bent them.

I talked to their manager who came out to inspect the car. He showed up 2 hours late, took pictures and left. Later on that night, he called me because he forgot to put a SD Card into his camera, so none of the pictures saved lol. He asked if we could meet even earlier the next day and he still showed up late again. The next day he said that he showed the owner the pictures, and that they would send us a check. Nothing showed up after a week, so I started calling and kept getting the run-around.

Now I have to go through small claims and deal with this BS because they changed their mind on paying.

Here are some facts:

- We just bought the car, so we had a full inspection done which includes control arms - all found to have no problems. So yes, I can prove that they did cause the damage. The imprints of the hooks are also pretty clear.

- We told them that we didnt need to go to BMW, a local shop was okay because as long as they use OEM BMW parts, I didnt see the point in them overpaying for labor. I was trying to nice...

- AAA has towed my families cars over 10 times. But all it takes is this one time where something goes wrong and they dont have my back to realize how shitty of a company they are.

If you are in the OC area and AAA sends Authentic, ask for a different service provider. The only other review I found of this company online is another horror story as well.

Just hoping others may learn from my experience to avoid them. =T

Old 06-14-2011, 05:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Read the other review, and see what you were talking about.....thanks for the heads up

Old 06-14-2011, 05:29 PM
Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
Did you report this to AAA?

Old 06-14-2011, 07:48 PM
beb
AAA is a joke. Seriously. Here is how that went....

1st Call: I called to let them know that the tow company they sent out damaged my car and to file a claim. She filed it for me and then told me that the process is for me to contact them directly and try to work it out... but that if there were any issues, AAA would step in.

2nd Call: I called to escalate the claim since Authentic Brothers was giving me the run-around. Guy couldnt find my claim but said his supervisor would call me back and that I should just call the tow company in the meantime.

3rd Call: Noone contacted me at all, so I called in. Found my claim and said they noted on there for a supervisor to call me asap.

4th Call: Still no contact. Lady informs me that noone has made any notes on my claim and that she couldnt even tell I called in about it ever. Promised a supervisor would call me within 7-10 business days.

5th Call: Supervisor calls me on the 5th business day cause I kept escalating the claim. He has an attitude and keeps asking me if I saw the tow driver attach the tie downs, what material were they and reiterating that control arms can be bent by curbing or even installing speakers in the trunk.

The supervisor doesnt even give a **** that yes I did see him, the tie downs were likely Nylon as most are and that I have proof the just before the ****ing tow, the control arms were fine..... and no we didnt freaking curb the car or install some crazy massive speakers in the trunk.

AAA is wonderful because you always call them when you are in need of help, so when someone shows up and provides aid - of course AAA makes you feel all warm and gooey inside. But if you have any problems - they do NOT help you. They not only leave you high and dry, but they make you feel like ****.

Old 06-14-2011, 07:50 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 239 Likes on 159 Posts
Ouch.. wow big surprise from AAA >.<

Old 06-14-2011, 08:08 PM
beb
Seriously, right?

I held AAA up on a pedestal.... But from a couple other stories Ive heard; If something does go wrong - they are of absolutely no help. I didnt even believe that....but now Im finding out first hand... =(

Old 06-14-2011, 10:41 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 239 Likes on 159 Posts
Same lol and I'm on the bodyshop side! I see AAA really take care of their customers through insurance claims.

Maybe try again with your AAA company? about 5 years ago at Mercedes we had an AAA driver forget the E-Brake and drop a W203 C-Class off of a flat bed needed new exhaust, bumper, subframe, front core support, bumper, etc.. A week later that company was no longer AAA certified and a different AAA snickered company started to drop off cars from then.

*shrug* iono its really odd that they'd give you the run around.