Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Drag Race: LACR Fri Night 12/10

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 04:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drag Race: LACR Fri Night 12/10

Sorry to the folks that I had promised to meet at LACR wed night, but I got held up in the Bay area on business.

I need a stress relief. I am going to LACR tonight.

Call me on my cell if you want to meet.
Cheers, Ted

Last edited by SoCalTed; 12-11-2004 at 02:52 AM.
Old 12-10-2004, 04:37 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
wish I could, but I have plans...

Old 12-11-2004, 03:44 AM
Update to Friday night at LACR

Well, i had a good night.

Best run was my 3rd at 14.807 with a reaction time of .080 after taking out my spare, jack, water bottles and hiding them behind a couple of trash cans at the back of the lot.

I ran solid consistant 14.9's the rest of the night after recovering my goodies. Since I ran as good as I'd get, (and it was freakin' cold), I decided to enter the bracket competition. If I progressed, great. If I broke out or got beat, I'd head home.

I was the only sport compact in a field of MOPARS, Mustangs, radical firebirds and gutted V8 hulks. Out of a field of 8, I placed 2nd, taking home my first LACR trophy!! Met a couple of good folks and was interviewed by Channel 2 news, which should have aired their special report on street racing vs drag racing tonight. I'll probably get edited out, since they were looking for teenagers and I shamelessy plugged Team Transport

Weather: 55 at 530p, 48 at 930p, no wind and no motorcycle dust.

Cheers, ted

Old 12-11-2004, 04:56 AM
G Kreuzer
wow ... those are some excellent times!

Good job Ted

Old 12-11-2004, 06:21 AM
Congrat's Ted... I have a 2nd Place Street Tire trophy from there, from back in my old Sentra days. The funniest thing was the final 8 that night consisted of all automatics except me and the guy who beat me. I still have the trophy... how pathetic

Old 12-11-2004, 07:00 AM
wow, nice times Ted. Last time I went to LACR was during the summer and the best I did was 14.887. I'll probably go sometime in the future and with the crank pulley kit and colder air, Maybe I'll see some 14.7 times. =)

Old 12-11-2004, 08:07 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts
Right on Ted! That's great. You should post a pic of your trophy.

Old 12-12-2004, 02:34 AM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by SoCalTed

Best run was my 3rd at 14.807 with a reaction time of .080 after taking out my spare, jack, water bottles and hiding them behind a couple of trash cans at the back of the lot.

I ran solid consistant 14.9's the rest of the night after recovering my goodies. Since I ran as good as I'd get, (and it was freakin' cold), I decided to enter the bracket competition. If I progressed, great. If I broke out or got beat, I'd head home.

I was the only sport compact in a field of MOPARS, Mustangs, radical firebirds and gutted V8 hulks. Out of a field of 8, I placed 2nd, taking home my first LACR trophy!! Met a couple of good folks and was interviewed by Channel 2 news, which should have aired their special report on street racing vs drag racing tonight. I'll probably get edited out, since they were looking for teenagers and I shamelessy plugged Team Transport

Cheers, ted
Good times dude. Again, sorry I couldn't make it.

Old 12-12-2004, 02:58 AM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G

Cheers, ted
Ted, by the way, thank God you are alright, but when I first read this story, I came straight here to see if you posted your times. I didn't get to the part where they identified this victim. Anyone know Richard Ikchu Yi?

This can be found here: http://newscenter.ninn.org/modules.p...ticle&sid=7646

Posted on Saturday, December 11 @ 1600 PST by Director

A wrong-way motorist died Friday in a four-vehicle crash on the northbound San Diego (405) Freeway in Sherman Oaks, authorities said.

Police said the wrong-way driver might have been intoxicated.

The crash, which occurred at about 2:10 a.m., just south of the Ventura (101) Freeway, tied up traffic for hours.

The driver of a black Infiniti, which was going the wrong way when it collided head-on with a taxi cab, was identified by the coroner's office as Richard Ikchu Yi, 50.

David Campbell of the coroner's office said autopsy results are pending.

Yi died after the Infiniti struck the cab, which spun into a black Honda, then a gold Honda, said CHP Officer Jon Seumanutafa. The cabbie suffered a broken leg, Seumanutafa said.

A 30-year-old man in the black Honda was hospitalized in unknown condition, Seumanutafa said. The 24-year-old man driving the gold Honda was unhurt, according to the CHP.

Old 12-13-2004, 04:24 AM

Cheers, ted

Ted,

Good times man... Sorry that I completely forgot to call you back...things snowballed the next day a bit. \Congrats again. See you soon. The manual that I am prepping for the Innovate Stuff will be ready very soon. Thanks to Clint for all his legwork on this project.

Gurgen

Old 12-14-2004, 01:15 AM
Gurgen - no worries.. i have enough work to keep me bogged down for the next 6 months... Friday was definitely a stress reliever. Nothing's better than some solid launches on a chilly evening in december! (expect, maybe with some friends!)

Randy - wow - that is a scary story! Actually, there was a huge accident on the 14N that I drove past and then some guy jumped out at me from the right shoulder with no shirt on and tan pants. I tried to call 911 all they way Escondido Canyon to almost the 5...but the lines were tied up cuz of the crash. Finally got through and as i was explaining what I saw, they got a call from some guy at a call box that he'd been poisoned. Not sure if it was the same guy, but between me and you, I am not one to stop for some guy not wearing half his clothes on the 14S at 1030p when it's 48 degrees out and no stopped car in sight. That's what cell phones and the AAA with guns are for.

-ted