Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Simple Wheel Werks: crooks!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 08:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Simple Wheel Werks: crooks!

Hopefully the Driver sleuths can help me out; I dropped off a set of Works VS-XX at Simple Wheel Werks in Stanton, CA in *FREAKIN JULY* to get them resealed and repolished. I bought them off my friend, who had these wheels done by these guys. Because the seals were going back, they agreed to reseal them, no charge.

Fast forward to today, they claim they're "nearly done", but Paolo (owner/lead thief) said his mother is sick, and his machinist died, which is why they're not ready. However, he told the same damn story to my friend weeks ago. I called him Wednesday, and so did my buddy. Paolo said he would get the wheels back, and we could pick them up. Today? 10 phone calls, a text and a facebook post later...NO DAMN RESPONSE!

Driver, put the word out, and/or help me out here!

Old 09-21-2012, 09:10 PM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
I don't know these guys, but if it were me I would just show up unannouced and talk to them in person.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by CandlestickPark
I don't know these guys, but if it were me I would just show up unannouced and talk to them in person.
Did that; the shop was down the street from me. Keyword: WAS. I talked to the neighboring businesses there, and they said they took off already.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:37 PM
ill Sedan

Oh man, that sucks. I'll search around and see what I can find. They never posted on here right, otherwise I could find out more info on them quickly.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:41 PM
ill Sedan

Found his address via a web search for the domain name of his website. Here is the link:

http://www.networksolutions.com/whoi...wheelwerks.com

Old 09-21-2012, 09:50 PM
thanks man...guess i'm gonna have to pay this POS a visit. i called his cell phone, and the b!tch turned it off.

Old 09-23-2012, 02:34 PM
I couldn't help but notice this post and want to help. I am a good friend of Paolo and virgina, and i know for a fact it is very hard to get a hold of them sometimes. It always seems like they're busy. Paolo decided he didn't need the shop anymore so he works from a garage. Paolos mom is really sick and needs taking care of and his machinist did pass away weeks ago. Im sure if you keep calling from different numbers you can get a hold of them. They are not scammers or crooks. Hope this helps.

Old 09-24-2012, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by Tilerete
I couldn't help but notice this post and want to help. I am a good friend of Paolo and virgina, and i know for a fact it is very hard to get a hold of them sometimes. It always seems like they're busy. Paolo decided he didn't need the shop anymore so he works from a garage. Paolos mom is really sick and needs taking care of and his machinist did pass away weeks ago. Im sure if you keep calling from different numbers you can get a hold of them. They are not scammers or crooks. Hope this helps.

then as a friend, tell him that A) that i am sorry he's going through that...but when you have property that belongs to others, COMMON and PROFESSIONAL courtesy is to return the product if you can't meet the customers needs and B) I'm gathering as much information from others looking for him, so I can file a formal police complaint.

It doesn't matter if his entire world fell on him...he has MY property and the property of others. Just return the damn merchandise. It doesn't help at all...because instead of answering and/or returning calls, he turns off his damn phone. NOT scammers or crooks? Then why ignore various phone calls if you have nothing to hide?

Until I get my wheels back, he's nothing more than a scam artist. IF or WHEN i get my wheels back, I'll be sure to steer as many people away from this guy. He's had MY wheels for THREE MONTHS! and he doesn't have the courtesy to return a phone call, but he has the decency to turn off his phone? **** that.