Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Any USC people in here?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 08:01 PM
Multi-Spoked Mod
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tons of girls... Jambee(Jaron is in a frat) He can probably show u around the frat scene!

Asian too :P

Ed

Old 02-16-2005, 08:33 PM
alot of asians are in the greek system also, so check out both of the scene ... once you get on campus, the lyon center would be a good place to go also which is the gym ... don't worry about meeting girls they will be everywhere ... walking around, in your classes, at the gym, at the dorms, you will have more than enough opportunities to meet girls ... but isn't the real reason you go to school is for the education??? =P

Old 02-16-2005, 09:19 PM
Head 'n Shoulders
I havent personally been to the ucla campus but many people tell me its not very "happening." its more of an academic campus. I like usc because it is up there with prestige and acamdeics, yet there is a fun atmosphere. Actually as of recently, usc has surpassed ucla in admission standards and its the 2nd hardest cali school to get into. So in terms of academics, usc is just as good, if not better. Plus you cant compare with the trojan alum n family. there is no luv at ucla and no good football team. ucla is crap

Old 02-17-2005, 03:47 AM
Multi-Spoked Mod
lolz.... easy now.... no bashing ucla or usc!!!

Shake hands and be done with it please...

Don't make me moderate this thread!! thanks

Yes i do agree that the trojan connections will help us alot in the future!

Ed

Old 02-17-2005, 03:50 AM
Trojans make great managers of companies that Bruins own!

Old 02-17-2005, 09:28 AM
Originally Posted by Omar
I havent personally been to the ucla campus but many people tell me its not very "happening." its more of an academic campus. I like usc because it is up there with prestige and acamdeics, yet there is a fun atmosphere. Actually as of recently, usc has surpassed ucla in admission standards and its the 2nd hardest cali school to get into. So in terms of academics, usc is just as good, if not better. Plus you cant compare with the trojan alum n family. there is no luv at ucla and no good football team. ucla is crap
2nd toughest school to get into ???? Based on how much money you need???

hahahaha. so whats the hardest school to get into. And where are you getting this info?

im not knocking, just curious

Old 02-17-2005, 11:31 AM
Head 'n Shoulders
oops i meant usc is 3rd hardest school to get into. here are the ranks by Princeton Review:

1. Stanford University
2. UC-Berkeley (much easier if your in state)
3. USC
4. UCLA

Old 02-17-2005, 01:22 PM
I agree that both schools are great with a good balance of academics and athletics. Great rivalry, my bro went there.

Question - How do they come up with that ranking - hardest to get into. If you look at their website, UCLA accepts only 23% of applicants while USC accepts 27%. Not to mention, UCLA receives more applications for admission than any other university in the country-some thing must be right with the school.

Regarding athletics, I must admit that the current USC football program is very strong, but this stuff seems to come in cycles. In general, UCLA athletics have been down for the last three year; however, without looking doing any research, I would bet that they won more national championships in that period then USC. Also, the ucla combined program has more national championships than any other program - including the 11 in basketball.

Also, not to start a huge debate, but football is not a sport that the NCAA recognizes for the purposes of national champs, and is not true national championship sport until some type of elimination/tournament is established. The highest ranked team in the country is not always the best - take basketball for examples. The #1 team in the country going into the tournament does not always win.

Old 02-17-2005, 02:05 PM
"I agree that both schools are great with a good balance of academics and athletics. Great rivalry, my bro went there."

Each school has their strong points, for example USC has a very good accounting program, film school, PPMT, law school, etc. UCLA has a very good med school and other programs that I am not aware of. Basically both schools are top school in certain majors.

"Question - How do they come up with that ranking - hardest to get into. If you look at their website, UCLA accepts only 23% of applicants while USC accepts 27%. Not to mention, UCLA receives more applications for admission than any other university in the country-some thing must be right with the school."

You could look at it that way, but it is a state school and I would assume would receive more applications then USC, due to factors like (instate vs. out of state vs. nonus citizens) price & scholarships. Also, if the quality of the applications are there I would assume the school would bring in more applicants. I believe it is what comes out of the school that matters, doesn't really matter if you have the best class going in, but once you leave and don't produce in the real world all that recognition goes down the drain.

"Regarding athletics, I must admit that the current USC football program is very strong, but this stuff seems to come in cycles. In general, UCLA athletics have been down for the last three year; however, without looking doing any research, I would bet that they won more national championships in that period then USC. Also, the ucla combined program has more national championships than any other program - including the 11 in basketball."

As you said it does come in cycles, and since I am a USC grad of course I am going to cheer on USC when they are doing good or bad.

"Also, not to start a huge debate, but football is not a sport that the NCAA recognizes for the purposes of national champs, and is not true national championship sport until some type of elimination/tournament is established. The highest ranked team in the country is not always the best - take basketball for examples. The #1 team in the country going into the tournament does not always win."

That statement goes for anysport, anyone can get knockdown from the number one spot. And if you are putting that into play USC was ranked number one the whole season and in the end were the undefeated team and claimed that title.

I guess you can say, this is just our opinions, we are not experts in any of the fields as for which school is better. Just leave it as both schools are great in education and sports. I would send my child to either school, depending on the major.

BUT =P USC in MY opinion is a better school =) GO TROJANS!!!!

Old 02-17-2005, 05:52 PM
I'm a USC alum. I got both my undergrad and graduate degrees from SC. There are definately a lot of things to do on campus, and a lot of dating opportunities [asian or non]. So have fun! So far, my days in college were the best ones in my life!

Old 02-17-2005, 07:20 PM
Head 'n Shoulders
While UCLA may be more selective in aspects of admitants:applicants, the quality of those applicants is less. If you compare SAT admissions standards, avg GPA, etc., you will see that USC is a tad higher academically. Not to mention the break instaters get (less standard) to ucla. USC holds their admissions standards regardless of instate or not.

Old 02-17-2005, 07:24 PM
How many bruins are in this forum vs how many trojans?

Old 02-17-2005, 08:22 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
UCI will kick both of your schools' a$$es, you biyatches!!!!!!!!!!

no football team, our mascot eats ants, we have the biggest science library west of the mississippi... shall i go on???

Old 02-17-2005, 08:42 PM
UCI = University of Chinese Immigrants or University of Civics & Integras

Students at UCI are students that can't get into UCLA, so what I have heard. To me it just looks llike a downward progression if you can't get into SC go to UCLA, can't get into LA go to UCI. =P i am just kidding .... just keeping this thread alive

Old 02-17-2005, 09:29 PM
hahahhaha..ouchhhh..

speaking of uci...i think the sorority chicks at uci are "easier" than the usc ones. yummmmmmmm...kzphis...kdphis..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any USC people in here?