Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Another poor choice in Gs :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 06:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another poor choice in Gs :(

I bought this wanna be "drifter" g35 and cant stand it lol.

It came with all this race stuff like a welded diff... why do people like the welded diff -_- I hated it, so I swapped it the next day. Diff still acts weird, but way better than welded thats for sure.

Also came with like carbon fiber bucket seats, Godspeed coilovers and camber arms and tie rod arms and sway bars and bla bla. Needless to say I dont like any of it.

I guess I can amount it to just a poor choice in a car, but now that im stuck with it im trying to find people who want the race stuff and swap it with the stock stuff... but doesnt seem to be many here

I dont see many people tracking this car... must be reason. Anyone actually track their car on a regular basis with like speed ventures or something.

Old 03-17-2015, 06:59 PM
Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
not to whatever but you should have known all that stuff was on the car before you bought it.
i personally track my car through the summer months. its an enthusiast car, not a stock boring mobile.
you should have bought a stock car if you wanted to keep it stock.

i dont know why you are bitching when you bought it knowing all this.

Old 03-17-2015, 07:07 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by domofun
I bought this wanna be "drifter" g35 and cant stand it lol.
It came with all this race stuff like a welded diff... why do people like the welded diff -_- I hated it, so I swapped it the next day. Diff still acts weird, but way better than welded thats for sure.
Also came with like carbon fiber bucket seats, Godspeed coilovers and camber arms and tie rod arms and sway bars and bla bla. Needless to say I dont like any of it.
I guess I can amount it to just a poor choice in a car, but now that im stuck with it im trying to find people who want the race stuff and swap it with the stock stuff... but doesnt seem to be many here
I dont see many people tracking this car... must be reason. Anyone actually track their car on a regular basis with like speed ventures or something.
We have several members that have built their G35s to run on the track! Only a few are run on the street because they're uncomfortable to drive on our streets! Had you done any kind of research you would have discovered this before laying down those $$!
Gary

Old 03-17-2015, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by andrewvk
not to whatever but you should have known all that stuff was on the car before you bought it.
i personally track my car through the summer months. its an enthusiast car, not a stock boring mobile.
you should have bought a stock car if you wanted to keep it stock.

i dont know why you are bitching when you bought it knowing all this.

lol of course I looked...also forgot to mention when I say "bought" I mean traded for another car. Main reason why I did it was because of the lack of choice in other vehicles for the trade I was offering. It is still better than what I had traded for it hence the reason of why I chose it.

Its my second G35 though and to be honest... with my 10 minute test drive, I didnt think all the stuff would bother me to much because of the other "race" cars I have other than the welded diff which I knew I was gonna replace anyway.

But in the end there is an underlying point I was trying to make in my previous statement.

Any socal locals looking for race parts and wanna have a trade party?! lol

Old 03-17-2015, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by gary c
We have several members that have built their G35s to run on the track! Only a few are run on the street because they're uncomfortable to drive on our streets! Had you done any kind of research you would have discovered this before laying down those $$!
Gary

I wonder how they do at tracks like Buttonwillow or streets? should do pretty well I would assume at big willow or Laguna though.

Did a little research but I tend to go through cars a bit faster than a normal person, so there are things that are "skimmed" by to lock up the deals faster. But like I said in the previous post, its the second one I have had. The first one I had was stock but had that ugly "skyline" body kit so I got rid of it. This one I got is a bit wider and just has some parts I would rather it not haha.

Old 03-18-2015, 12:27 AM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Honestly. Start parting it out man.

Old 03-18-2015, 03:14 AM
Originally Posted by JHereth22
Honestly. Start parting it out man.

if anyone wants some race parts

Old 03-18-2015, 03:30 AM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
The thing that sucks is that they're all godspeed parts..

Old 03-18-2015, 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock
The thing that sucks is that they're all godspeed parts..

Haha Yea a lot of people dont have good experience with God speed stuff.

I do have some long tube Megan Headers that I wanna switch out to.

Old 03-18-2015, 01:12 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
It the normal cycle of life for many nice cars like the G35. When they are new there is nothing like it on the road. They are expensive and exclusive. It's usually an older generation that can afford them. A few years down the road they start to become affordable and that's when the rice steps in and they also start to cheap out on mods. After that it's a downward spiral until many are crashed, broken or tastelessly modified, making them even cheaper.

At this point people start "unricing" these poor cars and restoring them to their past days of glory. Once these cars become rare they will appreciate in value.

Old 03-18-2015, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by Ionic
It the normal cycle of life for many nice cars like the G35. When they are new there is nothing like it on the road. They are expensive and exclusive. It's usually an older generation that can afford them. A few years down the road they start to become affordable and that's when the rice steps in and they also start to cheap out on mods. After that it's a downward spiral until many are crashed, broken or tastelessly modified, making them even cheaper.

At this point people start "unricing" these poor cars and restoring them to their past days of glory. Once these cars become rare they will appreciate in value.
Haha, dude, I try explaining this theory to people all the time. Same thing happened with first gen camaros, and starting a few years ago I've seen 3rd gen camaros start making a restored comeback. I think it would be easier for the 3rd gen to come back if it wasn't for the awful obdI computers tho. It kind of left a whole generation of cars worthless.

The following users liked this post:
Ionic (03-19-2015)
Old 03-18-2015, 01:24 PM
Received 193 Likes on 172 Posts
Instead of boring you with the nonsense of what you should have known (like so many are doing). I think you made a darn good buy. With the shape your car is in you now have the chance to turn it into something beautiful. The only thing you're going to need is money and patienc And while you're gathering both you can figure out what you want to build. A track car, a show car, daily driver, or a bit of all three. The choice is yours just don't bulid a rice mobile.

Old 03-18-2015, 09:20 PM
Received 575 Likes on 502 Posts
Well, G35 are sexy cars and fun to drive. For track cars i believe you should have gotten a lighter car. Our cars are pretty chubby and heavy. Maybe a 350z would have been a better choice then the G35

Old 03-18-2015, 09:29 PM
Received 193 Likes on 172 Posts
The G35 isn't a track car, it's a Gran Tourer however with the right performance mods it can hold its own on a track. Many owners call it a pig. I look at it for what it is. One of the most beautiful Gran Tourers on the road and with the right mods, it only gets better. It's one of the few cars that still carries a true manual gear box and one of the few cars that looks good year after year.

Old 03-18-2015, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by Mr. Brooks
The G35 isn't a track car, it's a Gran Tourer however with the right performance mods it can hold its own on a track. Many owners call it a pig. I look at it for what it is. One of the most beautiful Gran Tourers on the road and with the right mods, it only gets better. It's one of the few cars that still carries a true manual gear box and one of the few cars that looks good year after year.
No doubt. Non-enthusiasts never believe that my cars 11 yrs old. Its really, truely a classic design. Too bad kids these days are ruining them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another poor choice in Gs :(