Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.
View Poll Results: Interested in having a Paintball Game?
Yes
88.89%
No
11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Paintball???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 08:04 PM
Sound Advice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paintball???

Hey peeps, I just wanted to throw a feeler out there and see if anyone is interested in getting a private Paintball game together. If there is enough of us from this board we can do an all G event or have a game against one of the other boards like the Zs or Scions. Don't worry about the equipment it can all be rented from the field and don't worry if you have not played before. In a private game you won't get to many crazy people out there. I am looking to schedule it on a Sunday in April or May. Its alot of fun and a great tension release.

Last edited by Rudy; 02-23-2005 at 08:21 PM.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where were you thinking? I'm a bit short on cash right not, but if it's at SC Village, I may try to scrounge. I really need a new tank, but may try and manage. I've been itching to try out my Autococker that has not been used in play at all. If I go, I can lend out a modded spyder and a piece-of crap Bruizer. I think I only have one spare set of goggles though. I have no need for it to be a private game(they are hard to set-up unless you have really reliable people). I don't mind playing with a group of walk-ons.

Old 02-24-2005, 01:47 AM
I havent played in quite some time since I move to socal. But I use to go everyweekend back in Dallas....Ive got a 03 Shocker, thats my baby :-p besides the G that is! You can count me in for sure either month works fine, I would say in April when its still pretty cool out, Sund would be better for me tho.

Old 02-24-2005, 03:31 AM
I havent played in a long time either. I'm always up for an airsoft game though

~randy

Old 02-24-2005, 11:43 AM
Sound Advice
I was thinking either SC Village or Camp Pendleton.

Old 02-24-2005, 11:48 AM
Ive been to Camp P.....Its ok there. Got alot of wooded hills and terrain.

SC Village is more bunkers and speedball type....but their is a mass of ppl out there everyweekend, its so chaotic its not even fun after awhile

There's also Tombstone out in Coronoa

I say we should do a private game, make a signup sheet and have ppl put in a small non refundable deposit. The ppl who are serious will do it.

Old 04-03-2005, 08:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I forgot about this thread until I was at SC village yesterday. I noticed a couple og G's there. Anyone in here?

Sadly, my new gun and tank were riddled with issues all morning (drop forward for my new tank was too small, lost my cocking rod, had to adjust the new cocking rod twice, they didn't sell a drop forward or clocking rod there, so I had to leave the field twice) so I didn't get in any playing time until just before lunch. I hadn't been in nearly 2 years, so I didn't know about any of the new paint brands and ended up buying a "premium" brand. I'm skeptical. I couldn't shoot a straight shot to save my life. My tank came in by UPS on Friday, but I had to pick it up at their office at 8:00Pm so I couldn't get it in time for a fill to test anything out. I'll be testing things soon with this and other brands of paint. I think the shop by my house had some marbalizer which I know was good paint back when I used to play more often. I'll try to pick some up for testing, but I really hope it's not the gun that is the problem.

If anyone who plays often can comment on "Evil" paintballs, let me know. And is it standard now that paintballs are no longer lightly coated in oil? I have to wonder if this may be the cause of the problem. Also, anyone know where I can get a 4500 PSI compressed air fill in Orange County? I used to go to Unique's, but apparently they are no longer on Katella. Not sure if they moved or simply shut down. I think they would have had such a fill station. And apparently SC Village only fills to 3000. But $10 for unlimited fills for the day isn't a bad deal either.

If anyone wants to get a game going, let me know. The walk-on groups at SC are horrendously huge. There was no real strategy. Trying to move 67 people who you do not know is hard. Trying to make moves without a team effort is suicide. I still love the fields at SC though. Either way, I need to start making use of all this equipment I have now.

Old 04-03-2005, 09:09 PM
Hey i might be down for this. But please make it in May.
I have will have alot of stress by then this will be good to cure it. LOL

But one question, where would you plan on holding the game? At what field?

Old 04-05-2005, 01:11 PM
Im in....may sounds better.....SC village is a nightmare....way too many ppl

There is a paintball store over across from the block that fills 4500.

Camp pendelton is a little further away but has less ppl or Tombstone is a option as well.

Old 04-05-2005, 02:34 PM
Sound Advice
Pendelton does not have as fancy fields as SC but works really well for private games.