Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Pick up a copy of GT4 today.......DAMN!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 06:27 PM
G Kreuzer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Photo feature rocks!

Check out some of these shots some people made ... HERE

Old 02-24-2005, 07:13 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Mine. I photoshopped my Ricer LEDs on there, too.

Old 02-25-2005, 01:22 PM
Geez, I'm sure glad no one actually drives a cheesy CB Coupe around these parts....

OOPS - sorry Steven.... I didn't mean that, I take it back....

hahah

Mark

Old 02-25-2005, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by Sukairain
Nope, I got the new wheel~ In fact I gave my old wheel away so I have an excuse to get the new one. No comparison getting the 900 degree rotation! It makes driving more difficult, but if you want realism and a stick, get the new one. I'll bring it on Saturday if there are electric outlets available.
eh the 900 degrees thing sucks ***. The only time you use the full 900 is if you crash and are trying to get back on the course. The up down shifting thing is something that caught me by surprise too. I thought they would up it to the clutch 5 gear thing but whatever I guess.

If you have the old wheel, keep it. No use getting the new wheel. IMHO

-SF

Old 02-25-2005, 01:41 PM
G Kreuzer
SolidForce,
Can you expand on that a little more? Does it actually suck or made no difference??? We've got the old wheel, but tempted to buy the new one.

Ahhh helll ... I think we'll just got 'rent' one from Best Buy

Mark,
Good thing Glenn doesn't drive a CB too! ... doh! Busted!
I mean hell ... the dude only started this thread.

Still ur pal ... looking out for ya

Old 02-25-2005, 01:56 PM
It makes no difference. If you already have a wheel I HIGHLY suggest skipping the new wheel. If you dont have one, and have some extra cash laying around then grab it. Personally, I do not think its worth the price. hahah rent one

-SF

Old 02-26-2005, 02:44 AM
Originally Posted by G354GOD
Geez, I'm sure glad no one actually drives a cheesy CB Coupe around these parts....

OOPS - sorry Steven.... I didn't mean that, I take it back....

hahah

Mark
Don't get too cocky just because your coupe has wings and turbo, wait till I get some real mods on my car like stickers and more LEDs.

Old 02-26-2005, 02:56 AM
hmmm
the 900 degree wheel makes the car drive more like the real thing

there is no turning back once u used the Driving Force Pro

lets do a G35 nurburgring time attack!

Old 02-26-2005, 02:59 AM
Originally Posted by THX723
The Photo feature rocks!

Check out some of these shots some people made ... HERE
these ppl suck at taking pictures

lol

Old 02-26-2005, 01:05 PM
the 900 degree wheel blows the old steering wheels away. You can use it for countersteering while rallying, drifting, etc... I think its worth it.

Old 02-28-2005, 02:18 PM
G Kreuzer
Ok ... we spend a good deal of time testing out the new GT wheel yesterday. The verdict is, the New GT Force Pro wheel rocks! It is better by a long shot.

Initially we thought it was a total waste of money, as we were largely accustomed to old GT wheel and had developed some bad habits. Within an hour of so of un-learning the ways of the old we begin to settled in with the new wheel. With lots of back to back comparo (using the same car, same track) between the two wheels, which we had setup side by side, the three of us (all track junkies in real life) agreed unanimously that the new GT Force Pro wheel is leagues better than the old. It not only feel better but also better approximates real world scenario. All three of us were faster using the new wheel as well. The single largest constraint we had with the old GT wheel was premature wheel lock, which we lived with w.o. complaint before only because we didn't realize what we were missing. The remedy back then was slower into, slow out ... or it was understeer all the way off the track. The new wheel with 900-deg. of motion left plenty of free play for us to make mid corner line adjustments and the result was faster in, faster out. We also experiemented around with various feedback settings and found the 'amateur' config setting (vs. 'simulation') to better simulates real life steering response. The 'active' feedback was a mixed bag ... I liked the information it gave regarding if the car's getting unsettled, but the fact I had to fight the wheel a bit to track straight on a flat straight was not realistic and annoying. Reducing the feedback force to 'mild' helped some. The only thing we could see people having issues w. the new 900-deg. wheel is the need to to posses lightning relexes to go from lock to lock should one get extremely sideways or a spin, but that is in fact the case in the real world (so no complains from us trackers).

The physics in GT4 is the best yet in the GT serires, but still not entire accurate in our oppinion, although we weren't expecting real-world simulation either. We'd rate it about a 70% accurate. That is ways and beyond the 30-50% average mark we'd give to nearly all other driving game/sims out there. Not bad at all for a 50-dollar video game we'd say. If any one of you are familiar with an older simulation on the PC called Grand Prix Legends (simulating 1968 Formula One cars ... 500hp riding on balloon tires), that was the closest yet to reality.

Last edited by THX723; 02-28-2005 at 02:33 PM.
Old 02-28-2005, 02:28 PM
I was up until 2am last night playing this game.

And analog controllers are the best.

Old 02-28-2005, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by Dizz
And analog controllers are the best.
you and your freakin analog gas/brake... i still can't get used to that ****...X and [] yo!!! lol j/k.

damn i swear i'm going to jack the PS2 at work and just go get gt4 and start playing.

Old 02-28-2005, 04:34 PM
Clint, so now you are a self-proclaimed video game analyst? haha, bring your memory card and game to the next meet and show us your skillz. I need to fabricate a wheel mount for my car.

Old 02-28-2005, 04:59 PM
G Kreuzer
I'm a self proclaimed GT4 addict ... for the next few months!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pick up a copy of GT4 today.......DAMN!!!!