Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

I got into an accident :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 09:07 PM
Running for his life!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good venting..

Booo.. So sorry to hear about your car and glad you didn't get hurt. Take it to a good shop that can match your paint etc and she will be all fixed up.

Old 02-24-2005, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by g35chick
you love it.
yeah baby, actually i kinda do LOL. give it to me heee-row-meeee

u know how i like it, lover lol

i think we need some couples counselling, our abusiveness in the bedroom is starting to come out in public now lol j/k

Old 02-24-2005, 09:40 PM
=\. All these posts and I never knew your car was a stick. Nice to see girls still driving stick these days. =)

Old 02-25-2005, 12:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the people signaling are at a complete stop...im going 50mph...WHY THE F*CK WOULD I STOP TO LET THEM GO FIRST?!
Defensive driving is about putting yourself in a position to be able to avoid accidents. Going 50 mph while passing stopped cars is much different than 50 mph going past parked cars and going past cars that are moving. Slowing down in this case may have given you more time to react and avoid the accident. Slowing down is not the same as stopping to give them the right of way. The fact is, people drive poorly, make bad judgments and break traffic laws. Taking precautions even when the law is on your side is a pretty reasonable and prudent thing to do. But with California being a pure comparative negligence state, the other person may be able to put a small percentage of liability against you. It's dependent on a lot of factors, but the potential is there.

Old 02-25-2005, 12:55 AM
well, to be fair it was raining and at night. the 525 probably didn't look properly before changing lanes so quickly. it is not hard to miss our headlights at night. it is difficult to be "defensive" in this case since there were cars to the left of her as well since when she swerved away from the 525 she was honked at; most likely meaning that another car was in the lane she swerved into. since it was raining, simply slamming on the brakes could've caused more damage too. so in this case there might not have been many options that she could've taken to avoid the collission. basically, from what it looks like she was caught in between cars on each side.

usually, during stopped traffic like that a lot of the a$$holes like to jerk the wheel and quickly switch lanes. which is what i believe is the case that happened.

Old 02-25-2005, 01:01 AM
dude, if the b*tch just waited like all the others cars until it was a red light. IT WAS CLEAR. the whole time i was looking, while i was waiting for her to copy my info...every time the light turned red...there were no cars. NONE. she was dumb and in a hurry and couldn't wait.

Old 02-25-2005, 03:04 AM
Hi Hiromi!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-25-2005, 03:17 AM
Banned
naaaaaaah paaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssss...

Old 02-25-2005, 04:25 AM
Noone is disputing the other person didn't make a mistake. But you guys are missing the point. Again, whether we like it or not, people ARE going to make mistakes on the road. You can't avoid every accident unless you don't drive. But you can help avoid accidents by thinking ahead. Leave yourself ways out. Try to avoid driving next to other cars. If you see a potential hazard, whether it's your right to be there or not, take precautions to mitigate the chances of an accident occuring if someone else does something stupid. Defensive driving is not about what you do when a car actually pulls out into your path or something. It's about the habits you have that help you avoid a hazard should something happen.

I investigate accidents for a living. I see potential for comparative negligence. I'm not saying there is for certain as I would have to take statements from each party and complete an investigation, but I would certainly be scrutinizing that aspect of the case if I were on the other end of this claim. It's basically a basic speed law issue. This is always a grey area, and difficult to prove, but this is probably one of the most important laws we have. Anytime we drive, we should be taking into consideration all conditions at all times we are driving. Raining, night, stopped cars. Sound's like plenty of reasons you might consider going slower. If the basic speed law could be easily enforced, you would get tickets for speeding even if you were going under the speed limit if the conditions were to warrant. As it is, speed limits are set primarily based on the 85th percentile of top speed on a section of road during non-peak hours. Other conditions can contribute, but this is a rule of thumb for most speed limits. It's an attempt at determining a reasonable and prudent speed. So if the speed limit were 50 on this road, and it is dark out and raining, should you be going 50 mph? Especially near cars that are stopped, signalling their intent to want to get in the lane you occupy? Not trying to be judgemental here or tell you what is going to happen, but I think some of you do not understand what defensive driving means. As far as I'm concerned, you can break every law in the book though as long as an accident doesn't happen. Makes no difference to me as a claims adjuster. But the law you break (whether legislative or case law), contributes to or causes an accident, a portion of liability gets slapped on you. I'm only saying this to get you thinking about it. You walked away from the accident. That's the important part. You have a chance to look back and think about what you can do to avoid an accident in the future. Many claims I've handled have parties who never get that chance. And believe me, I'm the last person who will say speeding in that of itself is bad (I have already had more speeding tickets than most of you will ever have in your lifetime). Speed for conditions is the key factor. Of course there are many other factors to defensive driving, but there are plenty of books out there on that already.

Lastly, as upsetting as it is when someone damages your car, keep in mind, it was a mistake. Calling them names doesn't help anyone. I'm sure most of us will cause an accident at some point in our lives. We ALL make mistakes.

Old 02-25-2005, 06:04 AM
honestly. i don't care. I know it was an accident. im just venting...thank you for your concern about "defensive driving" but you weren't there. you don't know what happened..and i really don't feel like going through it in detail. its clear that she didn't see me. she started merging into my lane after i passed her up a little bit. As you can see in the pictures. The damage started from the rear. And for the mph. I was going with the flow of traffic. it wasn't raining. it was at 9pm... People are in my blind spot all the time, but when you're at a complete stop on the side of the road...its common sense to look back and not just use your mirrors...Well whatever. im over it.

Old 02-25-2005, 09:03 AM
hi Hiromi

Old 02-25-2005, 12:29 PM
Hi Tinman!

Old 02-25-2005, 12:42 PM
feel better now? if you need a shoulder to lean on,i have 2 of them ..see you tomorrow

Old 02-25-2005, 01:46 PM
sorry, still very angry...well thanks everyone...i have a lawyer im going to show him the car tomorrow...so hopefully everything goes smoothly..and mark i would appreciate it if you can give me info about that shop. thanks again you guys.

No prob - the body shop is called Quigley's Auto Body in Lake Forest....

http://www.quigleysautobody.com/

Ask for Bruce or Mark and tell them Mark with the IP TT'd G35 Coupe referred you....

Let me know how it goes....

Take care,

Mark

Old 02-25-2005, 07:48 PM
Running for his life!!
Glad you are over it. Yep alot of blind spots out there. When I'm on my motorcycle I get cut off and almost rear ended at times. It's dangerous out there. Everyone be careful.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I got into an accident :(