Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

blank canvas

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 01:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blank canvas

My car is stock '05 6MT Ivory Pearl Premium SSP (included)

I am of course a noobie looking for mod suggestions. These will center around a daily-driver type supercharger. I am not sure what is available for the '05 yet. Would like to go with STILLEN unless you guys object.

Also looking for a club to join. SFV area - any meets going on with regularity. I searched other threads didn't see much for SFV.

Hopefully this qualifies as a legitimate thread. Don't rip me too hard

Old 04-19-2005, 01:33 AM
Welcome to the boards 1SuperG!

It's great to have another SFV'er in the house! I noticed that you are from Sunland (Sun valley, Burbank area right?) We are planning a little mini-meet soon (SFV members), maybe some drinks or dinner. Keep checking back here for a thread.

The first thing people usually do on their car is tint. Maybe some lowering springs. It really all depends on what you want to focus on... Performance, suspension, or cosmetics. First, how much is your budget?

Old 04-19-2005, 02:03 AM
Wick - Thanks for the welcome. Sunland is right next to the 210 at Sunland Blvd. Very close to Sun Valley/Burbank.

I am more interested in acceleration and handling. Current $$ roll is about 5k for this car. More in the future hopefully. Another friend suggested tinting. Any shops you recommend? So far all I have planned was CAI and clear corners, VALENTINE 1, possibly a DVD/NAVI since I did not get the stock NAVI. When I got my G (1/24/05) there were few and far between. I got everything but the NAVI. I think aftermarket would be better anyway.

Does STILLEN have a SC for the '05 yet? Thanks for any suggestions.

Old 04-19-2005, 02:11 AM
unless u want to cut ur hood or buy a new one i would go with the vortec sc. stillen sc doesn't look too clean. Imo.

Old 04-19-2005, 03:16 AM
Stillen is garbage, and their "warranty" isn't even worth the paper that it's written on.

You have $5k...
As the welcome wagon mention...
Engine mods? Aesthetics(body/rims)? Suspension? Interior crap?

Personally, if I had $5k to burn on my ride, I'd do the suspension first. Coilovers($1300-1500?)preferably. Sway bars(3-4something installed?)

I'd skip on the CAI, if you look around this site, many people, me being one of them have reverted back to the stock air box w/ a 350 ztube along with an after market drop in filter. With that said, I have gone the 1/2" intake manifold spacer route which mimicks the performance of an after market plenum.(search motordyne/kinetix/crawford)

Stay away from "snake oil" type of products such as grounding wires. These things aren't gonna do d*ck for your 6MT. Don't believe the hype.

If you want to FI your ride, as I said, Stillen is just crap. Nothing that they have put out has impressed me. Someone mentioned vortec/procharger. I'm not too familiar with FI cars but I think engine management could be an issue, especially with an 05 but don't quote me because I just don't know.

Let me know if you're interested in selling your rims.

Good luck and congrats on your ride.

Old 04-19-2005, 11:14 AM
Sound Advice
If you are looking for a club to join, PM G35LIN to join Team Transport or check out their website:

http://www.teamtransport.org/forums/index.php

If you are looking to do the aftermarket Navi, let me know.

Welcome

Old 04-19-2005, 12:43 PM
if you have a lot of $$$$ to spend,let me know ;-)

Old 04-19-2005, 03:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The car has plenty of torque and hp to do very very acceptably, even on a track in NA engine configuration. If you want to make it handle, and a lot of improvement is possible in that arena even though it is excellent for a stock car right off the lot, there is a lot you can do to really step it up a notch, or two or three, for five bills. It will cost more than five k to put FI on the car, no matter whose product you choose. I have both, but from what you describe, go for the handling.

I would suggest you consider:
coilovers (springs and dampers) and lower it one inch (edfc if you get Tein flex).
stiffer sway bars definitely.
adjustable front upper control arms. (they make a HUGE difference in aggressive cornering).
Drilled pedals configured to allow smooth heel and toe shifting (stock pedals suck and they are too far apart).
lightweight flywheel and high performance clutch.
short shifter.
limited slip differential.

You should be able to do all that for about five grand, or be close to it.

Then, later if you want, you will go to bigger width tires, staying with 18's on lightweight rims like Nismo (18lbs versus 24.5 stock), but pushing your fronts out to 245 or 255, and the rears to 275 or 285. That unsprung weight reduction will help acceleration, deceleration and turn in response, and the bigger grip will also.

After that the next step, if you have the bucks, is a big brake kit, but you do not need that unless you really are going to push like heck into the corners, and if you do not track it, you do not need to spend that money.

Have fun. The car has great bones for mods.

Old 04-20-2005, 12:56 AM
THANKS guys! I think the suspension upgrades is a great place to start. I will post updates when that happens. Thanks for the opinions on Stillen too. I always go with word of mouth from people who have experienced the product. What do I need to do to send a private message? Whenever I try, it gives me a message saying that I don't have access...

Old 04-20-2005, 01:41 AM
Originally Posted by 1SUPERG
THANKS guys! I think the suspension upgrades is a great place to start. I will post updates when that happens. Thanks for the opinions on Stillen too. I always go with word of mouth from people who have experienced the product. What do I need to do to send a private message? Whenever I try, it gives me a message saying that I don't have access...
At least 5 posts to use the PM feature (This rule was recently passed to prevent mass PM spammers). So make one more post and you're good to go!

Old 04-20-2005, 04:08 PM
You guys rule...

Old 04-20-2005, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by 1SUPERG
You guys rule...
Looks like a guy that listens to Jamie and Danny in the morning.

Old 04-20-2005, 07:58 PM
[QUOTE=rage777]Looks like a guy that listens to Jamie and Danny in the morning.[/QUO

I can have about 1000 songs on my G w/ mp3, i dont listen to too much radio any more. Last time I listened to 'Jamie' was 1999 when they were Jamie Frosty and Frank (I worked night shift then) just because I couldnt get much reception with all the computer servers around me... but I digress

Thanks for noticing, I will try to hide the blueish tones of my skin

Old 04-20-2005, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by wickedG35
Welcome to the boards 1SuperG!

It's great to have another SFV'er in the house! I noticed that you are from Sunland (Sun valley, Burbank area right?) We are planning a little mini-meet soon (SFV members), maybe some drinks or dinner. Keep checking back here for a thread.

The first thing people usually do on their car is tint. Maybe some lowering springs. It really all depends on what you want to focus on... Performance, suspension, or cosmetics. First, how much is your budget?

Yo Zack, man passover is this weekend, we cant do the meet this week coming up, we gotta do it later. I cant wait for the SFV meet to finally come.

[QUOTE=1SUPERG]
Originally Posted by rage777
Looks like a guy that listens to Jamie and Danny in the morning.[/QUO

I can have about 1000 songs on my G w/ mp3, i dont listen to too much radio any more. Last time I listened to 'Jamie' was 1999 when they were Jamie Frosty and Frank (I worked night shift then) just because I couldnt get much reception with all the computer servers around me... but I digress

Thanks for noticing, I will try to hide the blueish tones of my skin
Congratz on the car, you will love it, and happy to see another member for the 818 to join us up. See you at the meet coming up in the few weeks.