Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Costa Mesa/South Coast Service Dept. is inept

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 04:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Costa Mesa/South Coast Service Dept. is inept

I brought my car in for the clicking problem in the rear end, which they fixed just fine, however, I also have a consistant squeak sound that is coming from somewhere in the rear end, I told the service writer about a repetative squeak-squeak-squeak sound that happens when cruisiing, not accelerating or breaking at approximately 30-45mph. The tech stated "Aftermarket intake is cause for whistle sound under power" Duh, yes my intake "Whistles" but that is not a repetative squeak while cruising! Also the sound is coming from the rear of the car and not the engine bay. My overall experience with this dealer has been extremely unsatisfactory. I bought my 03.5 coupe with 15K mi. It had the price tag on the windshield conveniently covering about a 2" crack in the windshield, since I didn't discover the crack until after they washed it up after I signed the docs, they promised to have it taken car of. I said I want a new windshield and the used car manager said he'll take care of it. Well they had a company come out and half A$$ fill the crack which I can still see, and they refuse to do anything else. I'm actually considering taking them to small claims court. Another funny thing is that I have yet to receive a customer service survey, which I can't wait to fill out. Is this a unique experience, or are the generally this bad.

Last edited by jtrudeau; 06-20-2005 at 04:53 PM.
Old 06-20-2005, 04:55 PM
yes, Costa Mesa Infiniti service dept. sucks! I brought my dad's Q there for a service a while ago and i didn't have a good experience there...never went back ever since...

Infiniti dealership service dept is generally very good. I've been taking my dad's car to Tustin Infiniti and they have been nothing but helpful.

if the 'squeaking' noise you're hearing is coming from somewhere in the rear, it might be the rear speaker panel on either side...near the window...there's a TSB on it so you should be able to get it fixed as long as they locate the same problem.

Old 06-20-2005, 04:58 PM
The squeaking noise is definately coming from outside the passenger area as I can only here it with the window down and passing a solid object (wall, bridge, etc) for the sound to reflect off of. I think I'll try Tustin Infiniti next time, its even around the corner from my office.

Old 06-20-2005, 06:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i've had post purchase (due bill) work done on my car at the CM dealership. that's where i bought my car. haven't had any problems w/ them regarding any other repair issues either. i'll be taking my car in thursday to have them fix my rocking chair... so we'll see how that goes. sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. if i get bad service i'll definitely let the manager know... and also take it somewhere else if they don't do it right.

Old 06-20-2005, 10:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's likely the brake hardware(the pins and spring clup that hold the pads in the caliper). One of the techs at the Tustin Sevice department figured this one out for me. There is currently no permanent fix. A very light amount of grease on the pins will temporarily fix it. I'll probably be changing the pads not too long from now. I'm going to try and figure out a more permanent solution then.

Old 06-20-2005, 11:47 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Take it to Tustin

I've had horrible experience with Costa Mesa service (sales was great though)... Try taking it to Tustin, they've been excellent to me (and others from what I have read out here).