Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

I wrecked it already!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 05:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wrecked it already!!!

I've had my car for 2 months and I wrecked it today on on the 55N at MacArthur the way to work. I smashed the front end pretty good. Well, atleast now I can get the front end kit put on my car that I want and insurance will pay for it. It's weird that I dont feel (well, not yet) that bad about it. I'm more pissed off that I have to drive a Dodge Dakota as a rental instead of my G for the next couple of weeks. The tow truck driver was upset because I didn't have my tire tools because I have stereo in the back instead. Anyone have an idea of what the OEM front bumper costs, so I can find a kit that I like in the same price range.

Old 07-01-2005, 08:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can't believe you are not upset. Judging from what you wrote, you did mess up more than just your front bumper. You know crashed cars are never fixed to perfection dont you? With time, you will hear little rattles and/or get some engine problems if you hit it real good. Front OEM bumper cost about 350$ (non aero). I had to have my front bumper replaced and it costed me around 630$ (Paint plus new bumper). Also, you dont get stock paint, you have this body shop mix up paint until they match your car's color. And another thing, your car being metal and bumper being plastic, dont expect a perfect color match. I remember the little square thingy that covers the hole for the front license plate had a little different silver color than the rest of the bumper.

Old 07-01-2005, 09:31 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jtrudeau
I've had my car for 2 months and I wrecked it today on on the 55N at MacArthur the way to work. I smashed the front end pretty good. Well, atleast now I can get the front end kit put on my car that I want and insurance will pay for it. It's weird that I dont feel (well, not yet) that bad about it. I'm more pissed off that I have to drive a Dodge Dakota as a rental instead of my G for the next couple of weeks. The tow truck driver was upset because I didn't have my tire tools because I have stereo in the back instead. Anyone have an idea of what the OEM front bumper costs, so I can find a kit that I like in the same price range.
on my 04 i wrecked my front and rear bumper and had to get them replaced. OEM is significiantly cheaper than any other decent aftermarket body kit out there, except imitations i think...

if money isnt an issue, get whatever u want, but if youre relying on your insurance to pick up the tab, you will have to fork over an extra $500 at least! correct me if im wrong, but this is what i remember...

oh, and sorry about the ride! where do you work? im in irvine also! starting tuesday... michelson and jamboree

Old 07-01-2005, 10:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G35_coupe_6MT
I can't believe you are not upset. Judging from what you wrote, you did mess up more than just your front bumper. You know crashed cars are never fixed to perfection dont you? With time, you will hear little rattles and/or get some engine problems if you hit it real good. Front OEM bumper cost about 350$ (non aero). I had to have my front bumper replaced and it costed me around 630$ (Paint plus new bumper). Also, you dont get stock paint, you have this body shop mix up paint until they match your car's color. And another thing, your car being metal and bumper being plastic, dont expect a perfect color match. I remember the little square thingy that covers the hole for the front license plate had a little different silver color than the rest of the bumper.
I'm sure he feels better after that...