Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Who's the fool that tried racing me yesterday afternoon...anyone here???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 01:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who's the fool that tried racing me yesterday afternoon...anyone here???

...I hope not....

I was getting off of work yesterday at around 2:30pm, I was cruising along nice and easy on Antonio Pkwy, before Crown Valley Pkwy in Ladera Ranch. I was in the very left lane. As I was driving along, a DG (?) coupe turns right onto Antonio out of the Kohl's shopping center... he times it so he gets ends up just beside me.... he then takes off....downshifts and chirps in 2nd, and then again in 3rd... then he has the gall to cut in front of me and get into the left turn lane (it was a red light). It was some naive white boy piece of chit in his 20's (guessing). He was all intense, focused, and showing shades of Brian Spilner. This guy is obviously a fool, trying to show-off... funny thing is, little does he know that I'm about to unleash The Beast on him. It's all fun and games until you get your azz beat down. So I inch up to him, making sure Jenna is lined up staggered to his car, in direct view of his side-view mirror. I take off my sunglasses and glare at the fool... I can see him looking at his rear and side-view mirrors. I casually start revving my engine.... just enough so Jenna is rocking back and forth ever so slightly... and just enough to let out the distinct sound of my turbos spooling. The light turned green, and I casually eased forward behind him... but I took the inside lane as he went wide....as I was coming out of the apex of the turn, I hear him go WOT, so I follow suit....

He got the jump on me, but it was clearly over before I even got to 3rd gear.... I never got to 4th....I cruised as he was already a diminishing speck in my rear view mirror.... I marked the occasion with a commemorative flashing of my hazards....in memory of Spilner and TFTF....

You can chirp all you want little birdie.... Jenna just had herself some BBQ Fowl (more like FOUL).....

Why do people do this stuff? Why do people act like idiots, and feel the need to start something when I am just getting off of work and trying to have a relaxing cruise on a beautiful Sunday afternoon? Why, I ask... WHY??? And are people so ignorant when they look at Jenna's exterior that they don't think I would also have done something under the hood? Do people not know their limits... or are their inflated egos pinching their synaptic pathways to their areas of logic and common sense??

Why don't people think before they act?

What's wrong with people these days???

Anyway, for the sake of mankind, I hope that you are not a member of g35driver.... you would give us a bad name....and you EMBARRASS me.... (does that line sound familiar?.... props to Vin Diesel, aka Dominic)

To gain respect, you have to give respect....

Thanks for letting me vent.

That is all.

Mark

Last edited by G354GOD; 07-11-2005 at 04:35 PM.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What a moron.
Gives DG drivers a bad rep.

How dare anyone step up to Jenna. Much less cut her off, and chirp chirp next to her.

Nice kill dood. Even if it's another G.
He deserved it.

Did he look bone stock? No rims, nothing?

Old 07-11-2005, 04:01 PM
i hear ya' mark. i bet he picked up a pop charger after that encounter, and he will be hunting for you.

you better watch out.

Chad

Old 07-11-2005, 04:20 PM
Maybe he was provoking you to see what your car could really do.....i do that to fast cars all the time...not to "beat them down", but to witness first hand how cool they are and how fast they are.

Not all of us have turbos and rims and crazy bodykits you know...

But i feel you on the venting...are forums great for that???

PS: ur car is sick...and if i ever saw ya, id provoke you too!!!!!

Old 07-11-2005, 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by Pearlcoupeg35
Maybe he was provoking you to see what your car could really do.....i do that to fast cars all the time...not to "beat them down", but to witness first hand how cool they are and how fast they are.

Not all of us have turbos and rims and crazy bodykits you know...

But i feel you on the venting...are forums great for that???

PS: ur car is sick...and if i ever saw ya, id provoke you too!!!!!

yeah, I hear ya.... I bet he just wanted to see how fast my car was.... but there's other ways to go about this
a little engine revving can produce the same results... he saw that my windows were rolled down.... so this dork was trying to show off?? Chirping in 2nd and 3rd?? WTF??? Is THAT supposed to impress me?? Not only that, but the guy was driving like an idiot... cutting in front of me and slamming on his brakes to stop in time.... and there were other cars around the area.... such an IMBECILE

Also, if he was cool, he coulda just pulled up next to me and simply asked to take a run at Jenna at the next light... I wouldn't mind that at all.... I wouldn't turn down an offer like that.... and his windows were rolled down anyway... that would have been a better way to ask...instead of coming off as a complete moron

and if you are going to call someone out... at least go ALL out... don't shut down halfway, I shut down around 80mph or so... but he let off earlier than that.... either go all in, or don't play at all.... no half-azz crap....

Last edited by G354GOD; 07-11-2005 at 04:39 PM.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:39 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
ill get you next time Mark.. DG's with 20's OWN!!! except i cant chirp in my auto! :P

Old 07-11-2005, 06:12 PM
Sound Advice
Mark,

You got it all wrong. It was not a DG coupe it was actually a IP Sedan and I smoked you. OK just a little dreamin. Nice beat down.

Rudy

Old 07-11-2005, 06:54 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Great story!! But it seems like it should have been more fun than frustrating... I realize you were getting off work and wanted a relaxing drive, but Sundays are about the only time you can find a slight bit of open road. If I were in your car I'd be relaying it as "it was a blast smokin' this dude!"

Anyway, if you would have let him catch up he might have wanted to know what you had. Sounds like it was fun to me... but I know what it's like, after work sometimes you don't want to deal with BS.

Old 07-11-2005, 09:14 PM
i don't like people like that either....you don't have to keep on 'trying' to make others race...keep on accelerating then slowing down.....it's really annoying....

Old 07-12-2005, 12:35 AM
Former G35driver Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by irvine78
i don't like people like that either....you don't have to keep on 'trying' to make others race...keep on accelerating then slowing down.....it's really annoying....
I totally feel you on that man, I've had idiots from ricers to euro cars trying to test my patience..i've seen horrible accidents due to street racing and definitely not worth endangering themselves and others..

Old 07-12-2005, 12:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by martyg35
I totally feel you on that man, I've had idiots from ricers to euro cars trying to test my patience..i've seen horrible accidents due to street racing and definitely not worth endangering themselves and others..
Yup, two teens from Phillips Ranch (Pomona) were racing behind my boss's home when one lost control and wrapped his car around a tree. Needless to say the kid died. This happened on saturday.

Old 07-12-2005, 01:07 AM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
The inexperienced drivers’ stories are very disheartening and I'm sad for their loved ones... but is this really about a gore fest? Let's face facts... Unaware drivers traveling slower than the posted speed limits are more likely to cause an accident due to travelers wishing to retain the legal limit (or beyond).

Why? Because the slow @ss Mother F'ers slow people down to the extent that 65mph means passing an idiot that is breaking in the fast lane!!!! I swear I think the insurance companies are greasing palms for fraudulent claims.

Okay, rant and rave over. Racing is a no-no except on the track, but let's not get this in a slower the better stage. For pure safety reasons slower is not always better. (albeit "slower" is relative).

That's all - ta, ta - bye, bye

Old 07-12-2005, 02:43 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
"Dude, I almost had you~"

Famous last quotes eh~

Old 07-12-2005, 03:14 AM
Originally Posted by GUniiT
ill get you next time Mark.. DG's with 20's OWN!!! except i cant chirp in my auto! :P
i have auto also and i've chirped my tires in 2nd and once in 3rd, maybe my tires are almost finished..i dont know.

Old 07-12-2005, 03:30 AM
doesnt matter if whether u win by an inch or a mile.....

Manajay Twaa....NOOOOOOOOOOO...MOONICCCAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! !

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who's the fool that tried racing me yesterday afternoon...anyone here???